The Nintendo switch will be remembered as Nintendo's best console

The Nintendo switch will be remembered as Nintendo's best console

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6o849y/you_cant_even_lock_your_phone_while_using_voice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yup

Only by people who weren't alive for the SNES

The Nintendo switch will be remembered as Nintendo's last console

>can't turn console on/off with controller. And no, sleep isn't on/off
>fan is extremely loud, struggling to cool a hand held pretending to be a console
>no messaging
>no apps
>third party downgrades
>no virtual console
>most games are Wii u ports
>joy cons aren't comfortable
>Wii u tier graphics in 2017
>no backwards compatibility
>no head phone jack in pro controllers
>amiibos

Another flop from Nintendo

VC lol

The Nintendo switch will be remembered as Nintendo's worst handheld

>sleep isn't on/off
yes it is

>The Nintendo switch will be remembered as Nintendo's best console failure

I finished it for ya

got em, sonybro

>The N64 will be remembered as Nintendo's last console
>The Gamecube will be remembered as Nintendo's last console
>The Wii will be remembered as Nintendo's last console
>The Wii U will be remembered as Nintendo's last console
>The Nintendo switch will be remembered as Nintendo's last console

Really gets the cranium clogging

Switch isn't a console. Wii U was their last one.
Switch is a handheld with some HDMI output functionality that is meant to fool people into believing it doubles as a console

Nintendo has classified the Nintendo switch as a home console that you can take with you. Sorry fag you can't make up your own definitions

>another flop
>yet it's a huge success
i fucking hate this meme. almost as much as I hate the "Sup Forums is one person" meme

>has currently sold 5 million
>5 million Wii u owners purchased the switch

Don't you see what's happening ?

I'm just a shitposting idort actually

Calm down with hyperbole son. Switch is sweet. But it has a looooooong way to go before being crowned best of anything, especially Nintendo related. Off to a good start though.

It's just another overrated console in this generation, I fail to see how it's a "success".

I'm sorry, but if I refuse to consider garbage like Uncharted successful despite a 93 metacritic, and if I refuse to see Horizon as a success despite 8 million + sales, why should I give nintendo any special treatment? I don't think their games are any better, and I don't care about sales. I'm so sick of these shill threads in general.

Then it is a real console and not an attempt of pc

I like the switch, really, but they're gonna have to keep releasing games as good as the ones we've been having so far. And that means no more MK8, Puyo or other ports. Odyssey's quality and commercial success will tell a lot about the way the Switch will maintain sales in the long run.

It will be quite difficult to top the NES, SNES or Gameboy, which were universally praised and loved.

it's probably going to sell as good as their second best one since it won't beat the wii sales anyway.

Are you saying it's bad to want to be like the PC? A platform where you can circumvent all DRM, have complete and total freedom over your system (unless you're a winblows user), and have access to decades worth of games, all for free? Why wouldn't you want to strive towards that?

I thought that was the Wii U?

>Switch
>console

>>can't turn console on/off with controller. And no, sleep isn't on/off
it's meant to be in sleep mode so that you can quickly pick it up and play without having to turn it on and wait. but of course, complaints

No it's a unfinished console. Stop acting like Nintendo left out a feature for our benefit

user, I wouldn't waste time. This is the same audience that praises Splatoon's voice chat system as "innovative" and says that Skyrim should have paid mods because money drives creativity.

It's a lost cause.

>boo hoo I can't be bothered to get up and turn it off from the console WHAT A UNFINISHED CONSOLE

also you're trying a little bit too hard there

>trying a bit too hard
You seem confident in that. Please, do explain your reasoning.

Nintendo's best console will literally be SNES Mini or N64 Mini. If only the damn cords are long enough to be played from a couch.

>The Nintendo switch will be remembered
more than can be said of competing product

>nintendofags praise how "innovative" Splatoon 2's voice chat is
>this is from their reddit
also, where in the flying fuck has anyone supported the idea of paid mods regardless of platform?

>this is from their reddit
And that post was promptly shadowbanned for "trolling". Good example.

>also, where in the flying fuck has anyone supported the idea of paid mods regardless of platform?
Gee, I don't know, how about in the 100+ nintendo switch threads where people praise Skyrim as the best version and that they can't wait for paid mods to come and improve their exprience? It doesn't help that the entirety of Sup Forums calls PC gamers "fat virgin neckbeards" for making negative reviews for Fallout 4. so please, pick any piece of evidence of your choosing.

>the post was removed for trolling
>he 100% thinks this was trolling with 26 POINTS
if you truly think nintendo fans can't have negative feelings about Nintendo, think again
reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6o849y/you_cant_even_lock_your_phone_while_using_voice/

>how about in the 100+ nintendo switch threads where people praise Skyrim as the best version and that they can't wait for paid mods
one, i think you already know you're in Sup Forums
two, just because a few nintendofags who shove their glory in other people's faces doesn't mean ALL nintendo fans are like this. people like haedox (who most notably called nintendo one of the worst companies ever) and arlo exist for a reason
three, paid mods? no, this has to be you just pulling stuff out of your ass to be petty

what's even worse is that you're taking other people who you don't even know this seriously

Got eem

>entire subreddit is blind praise and hype for the Fallout 4 port and Skyrim and waving around metacritic scores
>thread in particular is 500+ comments of people damage controlling by saying "just use mumble and discord, dumb entitled gamers"

Well, you definitely proved me wrong.

>just because a few nintendofags who shove their glory in other people's faces doesn't mean ALL nintendo fans are like this
Unfortunately that's on you to prove, and from this thread, I'm seeing nothing but blind praise.

>waving around metacritic scores
>fallout 4 port (what?)
ok, people want skyrim for the switch. why should you care if you don't own the system or already have skyrim?

>thread in particular is 500+ comments of people damage controlling by saying "just use mumble and discord, dumb entitled gamers"
yeah, but don't forget when you said
>this is the same audience that praises Splatoon's voice chat system as "innovative"
like nintendo fans are supposed to just accept this shit and not use another way of communication because it would be "damage controlling"

>>just because a few nintendofags who shove their glory in other people's faces doesn't mean ALL nintendo fans are like this
>Unfortunately that's on you to prove, and from this thread, I'm seeing nothing but blind praise.
>nothing but blind praise
in other words, these posts don't exist
you're literally saying why must people like the things i hate

>defending not having a feature every console that has ever made has implemented. A function that Nintendo will patch in when they finally finish the console.

Let me guess you're ok with no virtual console no messaging no apps and a bunch of Wii u ports too

>ok, people want skyrim for the switch. why should you care if you don't own the system or already have skyrim?
Because these people want to normalize paid mods? You already lied when you said that Nintendo and its fans would never defend pay2play online, and now look where we are. "it's only 20 bucks a year, what are you poor?" Same exact defense used for paid mods.

>like nintendo fans are supposed to just accept this shit and not use another way of communication because it would be "damage controlling"
Hey, it confuses me too. Their damage control isn't that good. They claim it's innovative, then say to just use discord. go figure.

>in other words, these posts don't exist
Every one called an evil "sonybro" for daring to make even the tiniest criticism.

>virtual console
i mean I didn't think buying super mario land for billionth time on every new system nintendo makes meant a lot
>no messaging and no apps
sorry you really wanted to watch 13 reasons why on netflix but I think the point of buying a video game system is to play video games first. nintendo doesn't make the streaming apps, the companies do. the only two things nintendo can do is convince them to make an app for their console and make sure it's ready to go on the Eshop. plus I wouldn't be worried especially considering netflix came to the fucking 3DS

>sorry you really wanted to watch 13 reasons why on netflix but I think the point of buying a video game system is to play video games first
I gotcha. So the 3DS is irredeemable trash because it has netflix support, and like you said, netflix automatically ruins a console. Right?

Wii U ports are literally the only thing that could motivate me to buy a Switch. The release schedule as it stands right now is abysmal, pretty much Vita-tier. Considering how badly the Wii U flopped, they could have re-released all of it's decent games on the cheap and padded out the games on the Switch for a really strong start. Could care less about sandbox games and nintendo's god awful MP stuff. Not a single Switch game released so far that I'm interested in and even Odyssey looks mediocre.

If I were to buy a Switch tomorrow, what game should I get with it that I can't just play on my Wii U or PS4?

It's not even better than the Gamecube or the Wii.

>i love Nintendo because back in 1997 I hadnt given up on life so I defend them to the death

Splatoon 2. Mario kart 8 deluxe. Mk8 deluxe has exclusive battle mode,1080 and portability

>You already lied when you said that Nintendo and its fans would never defend pay2play online
i never even said that. I thought this was about paid mods, not their online service. you also keep saying that these nintendofags want paid mods without any evidence.
and to be honest, 20 bucks a year isn't all that bad compared to competition

>Their damage control isn't that good. They claim it's innovative
for the love of god, no one said anything about the clunky mess that is the switch's voice chat innovative. and again, what's wrong with using another platform of communication?

i'm not even going to get into that console war bullcrap that is the last sentence

Not that guy, but

>Splatoon 2
Already played the first. It's like recommending Uncharted 4 when I already played Uncharted 3. Nothing can justify the price tag especially when no improvements have been made.

>Mario Kart 8 deluxe
And why would I want that if I didn't like the first one? I hate games with no singleplayer content beyond just racing braindead bots.

What is the Nintendo Gamecube

>netflix ruins a console
no one said that. what i'm saying is that the primary reason to own a video game console is to play video games on it. you can watch netflix on it if you want, but it shouldn't be the sole purpose of buying a game system.

>Nothing can justify the price tag especially when no improvements have been made.

Not him but that's not true at all. One of the improvements is rotations went from four hours to two now, so stages get switched up faster compared to the previous game.

Then you shouldn't be considering buying a switch tomorrow. It obviously isn't for you.

If you don't like Nintendo first party games then buy another console

...what

>and to be honest, 20 bucks a year isn't all that bad compared to competition
See? You JUST defended paid mods right there by saying "it's not alot of money, stop being poor". You don't even realize you're doing it.

>for the love of god, no one said anything about the clunky mess that is the switch's voice chat innovative.
stopped reading there. When you're ready to admit the fanbase's shortcomings, then we can continue. but I don't like being lied to, you understand.

I was considering Splatoon since I never played much of the original despite liking it, but I really have no desire to play MK8 right now and none of the Deluxe additions entice me.

>this is unironically what Switchtards actually believe
I bet you fagglet weren't even old enough to ride the rollercoaster when the Wii came out.

>One of the improvements is rotations went from four hours to two now,
Instead of just getting rid of rotations altogether. Exactly my point. They've done nothing but put a bandaid on a broken bone.

tpbp

you know, I really like link wearing darker colored pants. it's a good look.

How can Sonybros even compete?

Not without Square and Rare carrying Nintendo on their back.

You may want to wait a few years. Mario and Xenoblade 2 are your best bets for 2017 but 2018 is looking pretty bleak. By the time Prime 4, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem come out, the Switch will have gotten a price drop and/or a much needed revision anyway.

>bethesda's paid mods = nintendo's paid online service
>they're both the same, no difference at all!

>>for the love of god, no one said anything about the clunky mess that is the switch's voice chat innovative.
>stopped reading there. When you're ready to admit the fanbase's shortcomings, then we can continue. but I don't like being lied to, you understand.
what I don't understand is that you don't back this up with any evidence compared to what I did, but regardless say it's true and accuse me of being a blind fanboy

>the Switch will have gotten a price drop and/or a much needed revision anyway.
No.

It will be $349.99 with a digital copy of some game. And the revision will be it comes with slightly more memory. Or the dock will come with a piece of cloth in it to retard proof it

I think you're just misremembering how console launches typically are.
Try this: Name a console with a reasonably better launch line up and the games it had that made you feel that way. You won't be able to.

>with a digital copy of some game
Wind Waker HD Deluxe

>they're both the same, no difference at all!
I'm paying money for something that used to be, but isn't anymore, and I'm not getting anything out of the deal. Nintendo's online hasn't improved, they don't even offer what a PC could offer, and I don't need to pay steam a fee to play online.

>what I don't understand is that you don't back this up with any evidence compared to what I did
The very thread you linked showed multiple people calling people entitled for complaining, and saying how "if they don't like it, just use discord". If I need another device to use basic functions on your console, I don't need your console.

No Nintendo handheld has ever gone without a revision.

2018 looks fine, it's 2019 you need to worry about, too many games.

>can't turn console on/off with controller. And no, sleep isn't on/off
Incorrect. Hold down the home button on the pro controller and you can turn the system on

1. Its not a hand held
2. The original 3ds is just as good as the one now

The new 3ds loads slightly faster. That's not worth waiting years for

>Nintendo's online hasn't improved, they don't even offer what a PC could offer
okay, but how is supporting Nintendo's paid online system the same as supporting paid mods for Skyrim? one makes you pay for "changing the game", the other makes you pay to play online. two different things.

>The very thread you linked showed multiple people calling people entitled for complaining, and saying how "if they don't like it, just use discord". If I need another device to use basic functions on your console, I don't need your console
>completely dodges the question of where and when the nintendo fanbase said Splatoon 2's voice chat is innovative and instead thinks people saying to use another way to communicate because the voice chat is bad is like saying "hey go fuck yourself nintendo voice chat is boss"

i think it's time to take a little intermission on this argument

>The Nintendo switch will be remembered as Nintendo's best console
last console

>"games should be primarily games, not interactive movies"
>"WHY DOESN'T THE SWITCH, A GAMING CONSOLE, HAVE ALL THESE FEATURES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GAMING?'"
Sasuga, Sup Forums.

Does anyone else's switch fan sound like a hair dryer ? It seems to be working really hard in docked mode. Makes me wonder how long the fan can handle that much work

Yeah, my dinner should have a main course of steak. Doesn't mean I don't want sides with my main course

>Its not a hand held
It's not a console.

>The original 3ds is just as good as the one now
Not without that c-stick.

It's a home console that's portable. The creator defines the product. Not some shit poster who's never played one

>okay, but how is supporting Nintendo's paid online system the same as supporting paid mods for Skyrim?
The fact that you use the justification "it's 20 dollars, what are you poor"? is the EXACT same defense used by creation club shills. As far as I'm concerned, they're the exact same, along with the comments in the skyrim thread saying "we need to support skyrim any way we can to show we want more ports." I don't know about you, but those two things combined are very clear cut.

>completely dodges the question of where and when the nintendo fanbase said Splatoon 2's voice chat is innovative
Again, right in the thread. ctrl:f this:

>"The app itself seems like it can be neat for game specific services like Splatnet"

From user Churromang. And then he goes on to say "it's inconvenient in some areas" but he goes right ahead and damage controls that away too. And I'm sorry, but if even one person supports it, the whole fandom must take responsibility. It's your job to moderate the fanbase that I'm playing this game with. it's not my job to tolerate them. I don't pay money for that.

You're an idiot, sides are still food, the correct comparison is why don't I have music playing at dinner, or why aren't I eating in somewhere especially nice or why aren't I eating off of functionally identical silver cutlery and fine china.

It's a handheld that plugs into a TV. Reality defines the product. Not some marketing team who's never played one.

Is it even worth getting yet or should I wait for the next version

And if a PC can offer me all of that for free, why would I want a Switch? The exclusives aren't even as good as the console ports that I get on a daily basis.

That's not the argument we were having retard.

That's exactly the argument. You're saying that the Switch is a worthwhile purchase and that it doesn't need netflix, but the PC has the best game library of all time AND has every single feature available to man. So why should I downgrade?

In order to play the Switch's exclusives.

Downgrade? you can have both, the Switch offers functionality and games that the PC doesn't, you're just being a retard, I never even said you should buy the Switch, you're making up my side of the fucking argument that we aren't even properly having, you are that fucking retarded.

But what worth are the exclusives? They're mainstream games meant to appeal to normies, like COD and FIFA. I'm not missing anything by avoiding them. It's like tempting me with Bloodborne when I can already play Dark Souls.

Don't buy a Switch then.

But that's not true at all, you're just making shit up at this point, but here's an idea, don't buy a Switch, I never told you to buy one, and I don't care if you don't buy one, I don't need you to buy a Switch for me to enjoy it.

>purposely make thread that outright says "the Switch is better than anything else that has ever existed in the history of forever"
>someone disagrees
>"OMG NOBODY TOLD YOU TO BUY A SWITCH"

getting some mixed signals here.

>most games are Wii u ports
I wish they'd port the wiiu library already. Why the fuck are they taking so long? I wanna play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Pc fags always have to jump in unprovoked to defend their sadness machine

This.

Actually the OP says it's just Nintendo's best console. I'm not OP by the way.

>claim that i made the thread when i didn't
>claim that the thread says something that it doesn't
>make up the fucking disagreement

We are hitting new levels of retardation I thought were never possible. I'm done replying to your dumb ass.

Regardless, if he doesn't want a conflicting opinion, it's his fault for making a thread. He's welcome to go to reddit and neogaf if he wants a hugbox. Here he'll get a variety of differing opinions and viewpoints. If someone saying "I don't like the Switch" triggers them that much, what do you want me to do?

No, it said the best Nintendo console.

If you don't like first party Nintendo then the switch isnt for you. It's like going to a bagel shop and complaining there is no steak on the menu. You went to a bagel shop. If you don't like bagels you shouldn't expect them to have steak.

If you don't like what Nintendo offers play sony and or Xbox. If you don't like any of the three then you don't like video games and need a new hobby

I am a PC fag, PC is undisputedly the perennial best platform, but occassionally another platform comes along with some value, right now that's the Switch I guess, perfectly compliments my PC.

Fuck off leaf.