Why sonic

why sonic

I don't think some guy at steam support cares about your DRM rant.

I'm so confused why would you buy the game not knowing that ahead of time if it's that important to you? Just makes you look like a moron for not taking two seconds to do a little research

*ignores your message, checks how long you've played and when you bought the game, waves you off with a refund*

It was unlisted until after it came out.

haha yeah you showed them

>Implying profits come from playtime

Denuvo games get cracked all the time these days, I'm not really sure what the point of including this garbage is anymore.

>complain about DRM
>use steam

lol

i am obligated to deny your refund if you've exceeded two hours of playtime, sir

I didnt really read the reviews or the comments about it because I know how dumb niggers can be. I knew it's still a sonic game, but again it really seems to bother and inconvenience people, So fuck sega. This game doesn't even have any online features worth having DRM for

not to mention a 20 dollar game doesnt really need DRM

He means that no one will care about what you wrote. Reading comprehension not your thing?

i havent been on Sup Forums in a long time why does everyone suddenly like denuvo

This
/thread

>mfw I bought the superior PS4 version

Why do they let retards like you roam the internet? Don't talk about shit you know nothing about.

People have a right to protect their property but who gives a shit about putting DRM on a 20 dollar game?
When I think back to all the games I've pirated, I ended up buying every single one of them.

Realistically we could just not buy the game on release because it's guaranteed to drop in price eventually because muh sales.

Hmmmmm....

Then educate me oh wise master of the tards

I don't get it. Yeah DRM sucks, but I've never had a problem with Denuvo, and I play offline alot since I'm constantly moving around.

denuvo is an anti-consumer practice and some people claim it slows down games.
i'm against it, but i'm also not really inclined to make a big deal about it.

They put it in and never mentioned it they only admitted it when they got caught. Installing software on a persons PC without their consent is against the law in many countries.

This will bite them on the ass more than they think.

I guess it affects hardware differently.
But its probably one of the least intrusive ones i've dealt with.

Also If inclined it is pretty easy to crack

A simple google search about the sonic situation would've been nice before you start talking about shit you don't understand.

and remember that the devs didn't even want it and are furious at the fact that denuvo's in

stealth even told them to stop pretending like they had any choice

Meant for

But are comsumers so retarted that they cant look up IF it has denuvo BEFORE they buy the game ?

I hope steam support actually tells OP to fuck off with this

Unfortunately it also prevents modding and fan made patches. Games like Vampire the masquerade would be unplayable now if it shipped with denuvo, or Kotor 2 wouldn't have the restored content. Denuvo may not seem like a big deal now, but it hurts the industry in ways we can't predict.

>buying games

noone cares because Denuvo is DRM done right

I guess I can see that point.
Of the games I've played though I haven't had much issue in modding, specifically MGSV.

But I guess that's a different can of worms.

>Being a literal nigger

some of them, yeah.
like i said, i'm against denuvo, and so when i looked at the game's details and noticed it had denuvo, i decided against buying it on steam.
but yes, some people are ignorant enough to buy it without looking at the game's details.
but also those that preordered might've gotten fucked in this case? something about them adding denuvo without telling anyone.
i'd take this chance to say you probably shouldn't preorder then, but i'm not in the mood to argue.

>being a cuck

>Taxman himself said he didn't want the game to have Denuvo and Sega still fucked it up
Now i'm going to have to wait for the Switch to be a worthwhile investment to play the game. Great.

>Being a literal subhuman nigger

sega is the ultimate monkey paw

part of why i'm glad christian and stealth got to make this game is because they aren't going to roll over and let Sega walk on them by pinning all the blame on the developers when none of them wanted to delay the game or add drm. It's good to see a developer finally lifting the curtain a tiny bit to show that publishers are more often than not the ones responsible for every anti-consumer decision.

instead of blaming blizzard, blame activision.
instead of blaming CW and stealth, blame sega.
instead of blaming bethesda, blame zenimax

it goes on and on. the publishers have the power of NDAs so they can do all this evil shit expecting never to get called on any of it. This once, sega did get called out and I hope all the refunds make a statement

To be fair in this case Sega was pretty deceptive about it. It didn't even have any sort of notice about Denuvo like most games do until a few days after launch.

>retards still haven't fucking learned basic rules
just this once, then
DONT FUCKING PREORDER GAMES YOU NEMATODES

>upset about DRM
>buys game on steam
LMAO

If it's anything like any other company, getting customers to shut the fuck up is worth a minuscule fraction of your money and fake placation.

Nothing wrong with preordering a physical game.

Don't bother. These retards don't listen and will just say you're trying too hard to fit in before trying to justify their moronic decisions.

>on disk DLC isn't a thing
>disks having nothing but a download link and requiring a steam account to make the fucking game work isn't a thing
Or do you really think the games you preorder will be DRM free since you have a disk nowadays

now is the moment of truth then. If taxman takes the money made from pc sonic mania he's a fraud.

>Implying it's not a bot

Only if it's a Switch game

Don't buy game from scummy dpublisher you dumbass. And the second point is only ever a problem for the pc master race

>Don't buy game from scummy dpublisher you dumbass.
>t. man buying from fucking sega
do you give companies the benefit of the doubt or something you reprobate fuck

>>t. man buying from fucking sega
t. man making assumption out of his ass
>sonic mania having a physical release
Dumbo

there's literally an edition that just comes with a card with a code on it
and why the fuck are you defending sega if you don't even buy from them
it's not even stockholm at this point what the fuck

Never had any problem with denuvo. I think those who cry about denuvo just a faggots who need to cry about something. It's the same faggots who cry about gluten or gmo.

I already tried on release day and got rejected for having the game over two weeks (thanks to the fucking Sanic 1 rom that I never even installed.)
You're fucked OP.

Who else simply watched a playthrough of Sonic Mania on YouTube, and no longer has any intention to buy the game? I feel like I've already completed the whole thing myself. Sonic has never had particularly interesting gameplay, I suppose.

they probably did that on purpose

K

They DID do that on purpose.

You should write a review calling them out as the criminals they are.

>instead of blaming blizzard, blame activision.
>instead of blaming bethesda, blame zenimax
lmao how much of a fucking drone are you, zenimax is literally run by bethesda and activision holds no power over blizzard's design and business decisions, they don't even publish their games
if anything, blizzard is even scummier than activision themselves, activision just follows in their footsteps now with lootcrates and gambling

You mean ps4/Xbone game lest you forget the age of downgrades.

fpbp

there is nothing more cringeworthy than people trying to 'rebel' against denuvo

lol

you're an idiot who has no fucking idea what they're talking about

blizzard didn't become completely anti-consumer until activision merged with them

bethesda's games didn't become complete irredeemable shit until FO3 which was when Zenimax began to interfere more in their design process. they treat their acquired IPs (fallout and elder scrolls) as checklists of marketable tropes. hence why brotherhood is in every bethsoft fallout even though it makes no sense, why deathclaws went from being a rare enemy in FO3 to the ONLY strong enemy in FO4. zenimax don't answer to bethesda you fucking retard. they're beth's parent company, and have a long history of scummy behavior, their fucking CEO literally got shut out of his own company after they restructured into the current Zenimax.

How does it makes the game more trouble than it's worth? I don't think I've ever bought a game that had denuvo.

Can I get a quick rundown on Denuvo?

t. someone who only plays oblivion

Sonic has Denuvo?

Hold on while I go buy it and rate it thumbs up.

>denuvo

HE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

>Sonic Mania releases on consoles
>Sup Forums threads praising the game

>Sonic Mania releases on PC
>muh denuvo muh refunds xD guys arent i elite

I was going to buy this in the winter sale but if they have always online, I'm not even going to bother. I remember what happened to Games For Windows Live.

You are pretty much running games in a virtual machine instead natively.

Rapes SSDs, wastes shitload of perfomance, etc.

>delay ONE version just so you can slap potential buyers in the face when it finally releases
>durr hurr you're so entitled

Retards who don't even know how it works thinking it ruins the game

drm that potentially affects performance, has random "check-ins" that require an internet connection, claims to be the king of drm and impossible to crack, but every new iteration ends up being cracked relatively quickly anyway

just another classic case of pirates getting a better experience than genuine paying customers due to corporate greed and backwards out-of-touch practices

I got a refund by complaining about DRM
I had over 2 hours playtime too

RMS is always right.
Even youtube is now using proprietary js that makes you unable to use the site if you disable it.
The world is going wrong. We need more RMS

Always online DRM
Retards will claim that it's not, and even SEGA says you don't need to be online to play, but you do, I've tried.

y-yeah Denuvo is killing the performance !!!
I can't wait to pir-buy this game...!!!

>EA bows to Denuvo
>In contact with Bobby Kotick
>Rumoured to possess hardware-damaging capabilities
>Control the DRM industry with an iron fist
>Own studios and publishers all over the world
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line,
>Will bankroll the first games on Mars (SpaceDenuvo will be be the first DRM),
>Own basically every DRM research facility on Earth
>First designer babies will be Denuvo-protected babies
>CEO said to have 200+ IQ

>writing a long winded complaint for an entirely automated system
im really the sure the script that checked your playtime, date of purchase, amount of refunds in the past to see if you're abusing the system really gave two shits. people do the same thing with amazon returns, they dont read anything since that's all automated as well.

There is no way a human being actually read or gave a shit about your complaint

Then the bot that check if a value is less than 2:00 let 2:22 slip by?

Denuvo is completely invisible though, you don't even know it's working autismo

I notice when it refuses to boot my game because "Steam is on offline mode" even though it's fucking not

oh shit i forgot i can just pirate this game.

I got a refund for my Mighty No 9 pre-prder and told them that I didn't want to spport Comcept's shady practises and did get my refund arund 4 workdays later.

>Buy on Steam
>worried about DRM

kek

I love being a pc only chosen one too

How many times does Denuvo ping back in Sonic Mania?

I dont care about this gay "morals" shit I just want to know if its cracked yet?

It's not.

>thinking the refund system is completely automated
Retard.

There have already been plemty of Sonic Mania mods though.

>being a literal simpering cuck

>Before they buy the game
Funny to claim that others are ignorant when you don't even know the basics of the situation.
Game was delayed by two weeks for "bug fixing."
Game comes out, it's discovered to have Denuvo and locks users out of offline play.
This isn't mentioned on the Store page anywhere, nor in any review or anywhere you could've found it prior to hearing about it hours after it came out.
I don't care much about it having Denuvo personally, but it's fucked up to add that shit in when the game's good to go and not tell the consumer about it, plus the convenience of both redeeming the Sonic 1 copy they gave out, as well as the two week delay both making it much harder to get a refund feels intentionally malicious. At least the game is still fun and fantastic, just a shame they fucked up the release so hard that this is all that's being talked about right now.

>But you do
That's false, you can claim it all you please but once activated, the game will run offline just fine.
t. Did it myself just to prove you wrong

Doesn't work on mine

Crack when?

I wondered this myself when I saw the Denuvo thing on the steam page. First thing in my mind was "Why this pure fanwankfest of a game needs this sort of DRM?"