How difficult would you say the Wizardry series is for someone that is relatively new to the genre...

How difficult would you say the Wizardry series is for someone that is relatively new to the genre? I was thinking of starting with 6.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/wizardry-6-automap-mod
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums wasn't alive back then.

6 will be fairly difficult for you I think. Be prepared to consult a guide lel. Get the automap mod if you don't want to draw yer own maps moddb.com/mods/wizardry-6-automap-mod

You might have an easier time with 1 or 8 desu

6 looks like throwup and the music/sound will give you migraines
Just jump to 8

>Using guides.
>Not drawing your own maps.

Let me lick your pussy.

these aren't the 80s, nigga
everything's already mapped out

>jumping to the third game of a set

It's about the experience, sweetie.

dude these games are hours upon hours of grind with barely any story
why torture yourself with the butt ugly ones with inferior systems

>How difficult
Extremely

Even somewhat streamlined game like Wiz 8 is hard as fuck

The best Wizardry game was on PS2

nah the best wizardry game was wizardry online, but that got cucked years ago

Unless you're playing stuff like 4, or the 6 and above trilogy, it's pretty easy as long as you not a terminal retard.
And even the 6-7-8 trilogy is pretty easy as long as you simply use common sense, the only hard game is 4, but it's more of a puzzle game than a RPG anyway and it's built specifically for masochists.

What's so significantly different about the Dark Savant trilogy from the original? Were all the developers completely different?

>tfw all I did was make potions and max luck

I dunno if the teams were completely different but for V, VI, and VII the lead designer role was taken over by a different guy (david bradley). Starting with V the dungeons got way bigger, NPCs got added, and there was a bigger focus on puzzles than in the older games. Then VI pretty much changed everything.

6-8 harder than 1-3? Are you high?

what

If you're going to start with any of them, start with 5 on the SNES, 8 on PC, or even the one on the PS2 which isn't half bad. The combat in the PS2 one is actually really interesting for a dungeon crawler.

Pretty simple game. It's all about minmaxing certain numbers and savescumming. It's like smashing your head against a wall until either breaks and you did (not) achieve your goal in the only way the game facilitates.

that cant be true. WO wasnt hard at all.

get power leveled to max lvl in about 8 hrs and then do fuck all.

lolis though i guess?

Which one?

which one, nigga?

It's simple as long as you put forth a ton of effort to abuse game mechanics?

>sweetie
This meme needs to die before it goes any further.
Wizardry is pretty hard m8.