Does the play order of Silent Hill games matter?

Does the play order of Silent Hill games matter?
I'll play them all at some point but I loved 3's soundtrack and want to experience that first before waiting 2 games to get there
Going back to clunky gameplay and stuff isn't important, I only care about the story

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Tfw I look like a boyish Heather Mason

I should cosplay her someday

Don't play SH3 before playing 1. You can play the rest in whatever order you want though

3 is a sequel to 1, so you should play 1 before it or at least read up on the story. 2 is a standalone story.

Not really, but SH3's the only game that has some direct follow-up narrative from the first game.

All the others are stand-alone.

Ah damn, reading on up the story would be a waste. How long does 1 take to finish?

10 hoursish

Please don't just rush through 1.
The graphics might be dated as fuck but its still just as good as the other two and is my personal favorite.

I don't think that blonde smiling lad is actually you, you know

SILENT HILL POSTER I SUMMON THEE!

I know many people don't recommend it but I still say you should play Downpour, at least as the last Silent Hill game we'll get.. It's not perfect, hell its barely even that good of a Silent Hill game, but it tries.

Just don't play Book of Memories. I literally talk to a guy who worked on it and even he says it was a mistake.

ANY other game is fine, or at least interesting.

Don't rush 1. It's better than 3

the graphics look so shit thoguh. I'm sorry but I just can't handle games from the ps1 era and before, I don't like dated graphics which is why I want to play SH3 first

>the graphics are shit
Oh just you wait until some of the voice acting.

Not all of it.

But it has some real fucking winners.

At least start with a capital letter when imitating
I'm not gonna rush, just wondering

Did someone say Silent Hill thread?

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

>dated graphics
>PS one
>Missing out in the best survival horrors
Jesus Christ you are a faggot.

>beat Downpour on no-kill run for the achievement
>try to beat it again to get different ending
>can't get past the first area without the game flipping the fuck out and Murphy falling through the bottom of the map

You're missing out because 1 is the spookiest one.

Its great and you know it

1-3-2-4

>SH2/3 Torrent

Are these the uploaded files.

College goer here and I'm too fucking stupid to figure out how to torrent without getting fucking shut out from the wifi.
It wont let you kill any of them.

The games ended your runs.

Way less than this, more like 5.

Underage please leave.

Downpour and Homecoming are a far cry from the original trilogy, but as someone who's desperate for new psychological horror I think they still have some ideas that make them worth playing.

And Shattered Memories is great, despite being one of the least scary of the series.

what are you talking about, op is being huge fagget

I liked all of the games except 4.

see

meant to reply to oopsies

It's PERFECT and I wouldn't change a thing.

It always amazed me how Homecoming seems to borrow more stuff from the movies than the actual games.

Careful? You might just end up with Heather Mason fapping and slut green texts instead.

>play 2 and 3
>can easily outpace the monsters while sprinting
>1
>even at full sprint you're constantly getting mauled to death by pterodactyls that can fly at light speed every time you step outside
Its definitely the most tense of the bunch, I'll give you that.

Wasnt Tomm Hulett the only reason Homecoming ended up less worse than it could have? I keep hearing the rumor that the ending would be Alessa and the main character fighting on the lake for Silent Hill.

>How long does 1 take to finish?

First time 6-10 hours depending how much of a retard you are with the puzzles. 3-5 hours if you've played the game many times over.

4 was rough, but I admire it for at least trying something original.

Origins was probably the hardest to get through for me.

Then play it and think of it as a trip back to what SH innovated at its time. The game looks old but its lighting effects look really good for a game for that era and it plays around with a lot of cinematic camera angles while playing the game. Finally you can actually run around outside relatively large town without loading screens, a third impressive feat for its time.

I guess they were capitalizing on whatever mainstream recognition the movie was getting at the time.

PH and the Nurses seem to be the most recognizable monsters from the series in general though.

Part of the reason why it sucked so hard:

Silent Hill 1 was inspired by Shining, Twin Peaks, The Mist and Jacob's Ladder.

Silent Hill 2 was inspired by Alice (1988), No Language But a Cry and Blue Velvet

Silent Hill 3 was inspired by Twin Peaks, Jacob's Ladder, Santa Sangre and Session 9

Silent Hill 4 was inspired by The Cell, The Ring and Coin Locker Babies

Homecoming was inspired by SAW and Silent Hill: The Movie.

Wasn't Homecoming's whole intro homage to Jacob's Ladder?

No, it was homage to Silent Hill which had plenty of homages to Jacob's Ladder already.

>Silent Hill 1 was inspired by Shining, Twin Peaks, The Mist and Jacob's Ladder.

Alessa story was also inspired by Carrie I think.

>Homecoming was inspired by SAW and Silent Hill: The Movie.
Pretty sure that power drill scene was straight out of Hostel.

They travel quickly in a straight line, if I recall.
I think you just need to zig zag a bit and they can't catch you.

>Alice (1988)
Is that movie any good?

>the graphics look so shit thoguh

It has the best design of locations for me. I might be weird but aside of character models I think game aged really well because of that.

You forgot the stupid trap his mother was strapped into. That game was a shitshow.

Just play the damn trilogy. 1-3. You can play the rest if you want, in fact I would encourage you too, but that's what everybody agrees is "The Silent Hill Series™".

My ranking:
2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > Shatmemes > Downcoming > Origami > Bookmemes

Tell me more. Book of Memories is absolute trash. How was it even made in the first place? I hear Wayforward makes some quality shit but my only experience with them has been Book of Memories and I have no desire to try anything else.

Downpour has a weird like Eastern European jank feel to it. It feels more like Stalker or Pathologic instead of an actual big budget game backed by Konami. I actually like it as far as what it offers. If this had been discovered by mistake or whatever Sup Forums would overlook its faults and would be hailing it as a classic but instead its just the Worst Silent Hill Game*.

>1-3-2-4

Also my personal ranking in terms of atmosphere. 2 had better story than 3 but not better than 1.