Name ONE game with a better magic system than Skyrim

Name ONE game with a better magic system than Skyrim.

Protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YH4Xr6GIp4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FF7

Your right. Skyrim is literally perfect. Its time to give up on gaming after you play it. Its all there really is.

Every game?
Fucking BioShock does it better.

Anything

i wanna fuck that cat

Lichdom Battlemage

it's a realistic magic system, in that you might as well be sneezing in the general direction of enemies for the first 55 hours of your playthrough.

arx fatalis is one of the best magic system i know of. It's hard to cast a spell, require concentration and a bit of knowledge (you have to draw the runes), but the effects are very powerful.

Dark Messiah you fucking faggots

>blasting fire from your hands
>4 dps
>smack with sword
>200 dps
wow such good magic

gay webm

Magicka

Morrowind by a landslide.

Skyrim scums can't even fly lmao.

Morrowind.

God, I love that art style and animation so much. Who did that?

Really ? In Skyrim the force of a double-handed magical flamethrower has about the same power as a series of powerful sneezes. Fucking Diablo 2 had better more realistic magic than Skyrim, remember those frozen orbs ? The divine hammers ? The huge fireballs, bone spears, hydras... They actually had a weight to them and did damage. Also, no necromancy in Skyrim without mods.

dragons dogma

Magicka.

Magicka Wizard wars is the best highest skill ceiling moba that will never come to the big stage due to the small audience.

I want to fuck rainbow dash

don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you have something to contribute to the conversation.

even fucking dark souls magic feels better then skyrims

Yep, even the power of bees was pretty awesome compared to the tiny ugly fireballs you shoot in Skyrim. Though Skyrim had lightning spells, which are really cool.

You're
It's
It's

you forgot the picture

>spam rock: the game

i'm surprised. considering both you and him want to fuck animals, i would have guessed you'd both be at each other's dicks already.

lmao even Lost Magic had a better magic system. draw your rune combination is always the most rewarding.

>more realistic magic

final fantasy 8

Fable 3

>implying

fuck off you literal pedophile

>realistic magic

I was actually interested in this game pre-release, but I've heard it's like a more boring Skyrim.

thanks

i'll be at YOUR dick faggot don't ever post in OP's thread again

>throws rock at rock+barrier
>tries to charge up another rock but can't because he's frozen or they push the rock away back into them
Everything has a counter in that game. Sure you can play braindead with a rock (casual filter), or you can actually use your head and lock them out of their options while they are holding RMB trying to aim a rock at a wall or armor.

>he doesn't know

>realistic magic

Oblivion, for one.

Any of the other Elder Scrolls games.

>more realistic magic
>realistic
>magic

magicka has a nice system, but... impractical. but it's ok since that's what makes the game fun

Dragon's Dogman has THE best and most satisfying spellcasting in any video game ever and this is an irrefutable truth

Soul Sacrifice Delta, it's the only game where you can quite literally cast fist and there's not one, but two entire magics school about casting fist.

>realistic magic

Personally, my favourite is steam electric beam.

>they don't know

six more years and I can become an apprentice in the magical arts

>Shooting fucking lightning at someone should deal a very low amount of damage when compared to just slapping them with a sword and not do increased damage against people in plate.
>People should be set completely on fire and not go into a panic because they are on fire.
>People in metal armor shouldn't be more vunerable against elemental based magic in general.
Face it Todd, your magic is shit.

magika

Soul Sac was pretty great

hey, this guy got better at animation.

I have yet to play a game where magic is actually fun on it's own and not just as a complement to melee.

Call me when someone figures out how to translate this:

youtube.com/watch?v=YH4Xr6GIp4U

into gameplay and not just shooting projectiles from my hands.

Beat me to it it. Not gonna lie, I find Skyrim with the right mods (not talking about waifu shit mods) legitimately fun. The magic system though, at least the vanilla version is boring as dirt though.

>how to translate this:
What part of it exactly?

>no necromancy in Skyrim without mods.

Wait, what? So you've never played the game, then?

Magic is underpowered as fuck in Skyrim, the hell are you smoking?

Conjuration is not necromancy.

Your a idiot

Skyrim had great magic, I can't wait to see how they improve on the scaling in Skyrim 2.

Except for the "reanimate corpse" family of spells in the conjuration school.

>compared to the tiny ugly fireballs you shoot in Skyrim
Dude the one thing Skyrim got right was fireballs were not your main destruction spell. You got a flamethrower.

I thought Skyrim was perfect at first until I get daedric armor, everything felt boring after that. Didn't even bother to finish the game

Baldurs Gate 2.

All of it. If i knew how to do it i would be doing it instead of posting about it.

That's my favorite scene of the whole trilogy. I always thought magic and wizards and all that in fantasy were lame but seen that for the first time in the movie theater blew me away. I guess what I'm asking is a way to translate the awe inspiring feeling of power and mysticism from that scene into a video game.

All he is doing is casting one shitty thunderbolt spell if you think about it, but in video games that would be a level 1 spell and the most boring shit ever.

Dragon's Dogma
Dark Messiah
Magicka
Dark Souls 3
Witcher 1 2 and 3
Fable 1
XCOM
Every Star Wars game with jedis
Trine

Fuck you
>NPCs have large magicka pools and high-level mages also boast high HP. The player can't possibly attain both high magicka and HP at the same level.
>NPCs regen Magicka at an astonishingly high rate that is separate from the player's base regen rate, to the point that damage magicka regen poison is completely worthless. This allows them to quickly spam powerful spells
>NPCs magicka continues to regen even while it is being used by a ward or a spell that has been readied but not cast yet. The player has to not use magic for about half a second before regen resumes for them.
>NPC Mages can happily soak up anything you throw at them thanks to access to the strongest wards and the ability to instantly bring a new one up at full strength as soon as the player breaks it. The player suffers a harsher stagger when a ward breaks, and it takes a second or two for a player-cast ward to reach full strength.
>Mages can also heal themselves to full health as many times as they want, increasing the time it takes for a battle to end.
>Magic Resistance works differently from Armour Rating formulas, it does a simple calculation that negates straight damage from a spell and has a high cap, thereby gutting the strength of even powerful spells when they have near 100% resistance.
>By this point it is much faster to kill a mage using arrows or melee. Mage on mage combat is extremely drawn out and likely to become a stalemate.
And that's all mechanics that are fundamentally broken. I haven't even got into how lacking the spells are and how some of them are broken or useless

Alright.
If you want to cosplay as Gandalf or Saruman and fart thunder while looking ominous and shit just play Dragon's Dogma, if you want an actual in depth magic system play Soul Sacrifice Delta or Magicka.

I would like a game with the spell-equipping system of Skyrim, but with spell-combining mechanics of Fable 3 and Magicka.

This. Plus there standing stone ability you can have easily 3-4 skelebros fighting for you

Soul Sacrifice Delta.

>finally made it 5 months ago

>skyrim
>magic system
what? you just throw glowy shit from your hands where is this system?

>just play Dragon's Dogma

yeah no, Sorcerer literally puts me to sleep. You have to figure a way to make the gameplay also interesting and more than just standing there while a bar fills up. Also, even though DD put a lot more effort in effects to try and make magic look as powerful as it should be it still trivializes it, i mean you learn how to fucking summon meteors from a fucking innkeeper.

On a side note one small detail i really appreciate that i never see mentioned is that the regular thunder spell will summon the bolts of lighting and then a second or two later after it's done you hear the loud boom of the thunder clouds echo in the sky.

>tfw i've forgone my applicability half a decade ago
>tfw it wasn't worth it in hindsight

I regret everything

> XCOM
... what?

>You have to figure a way to make the gameplay also interesting and more than just standing there while a bar fills up.
Wait, you like sorcerers standing there while they fill up their spell bars in movies, you ask to put that in gameplay and then you complain it's not what you want?
Make up your mind son.
>i mean you learn how to fucking summon meteors from a fucking innkeeper.
And? What do you want, wizards to be endangered species like pandas or some shit?
Play Soul Sacrifice then since it's all about a wizard genociding a world over and over and you're one of the last living humans who turns wizard to stop him.

literally any game ever. It is only westerners interested in poorly-made first-person trash with absolute garbage animations.
>b-but I love combat where the characters stand in place and I press right click to attack!
get some standards and pick up a real RPG next time

If you're the kind of person that confuses your with you're or their with they're I don't think we'll get along.

XCOM has better magic than Skyrim.

That was a fun game. Every spell even had some small lore tidbit.

whats the source for this? i actually like the animation

> While looking ominous
Haha no. As much as I like Dragon's Dogma the magic robes suck in terms of aesthetics, especially the goofy hoods with crowns on them.

Poor fool. I'll cast a magic missile in your honor.

>As much as I like Dragon's Dogma the magic robes suck in terms of aesthetics,
You can still go around in your Gandalf pajama if you want.

This. I wish ice spear was useful because it's a cool concept.

Merlin from Gauntlet and Invoker from Dota.

Having to combine raw magic into a dozen different useful and power spells is what i always think about when playing a spellcaster. It uses concentration, experience and knowledge of what spell to use it what situation. At least to me it's more engaging than just pressing X to cast fireball over and over again.

>remember those frozen orbs ?
The best spell in the entire diablo 2. So fucking satisfying to use.

Skyrim's magic system even with mods is very bland compared to the combat mods out there. Ultimate Combat mixed with Vigor and Combat Evolved is pretty satisfying even if it's random debuffs: the mod. With magic mods it basically boils down to:

>overpowered magic spells that just one shot everything
>underpowered magic spells that were just added in for the sake of "b-but it was in the old games!"

Not until after you beat the game

>Increased damage in plate
No, it should have auto aim and do slightly less. The plate is more conductive than the person and will conduct the electricity to ground better than them in most cases. Otherwise yea I get you.

Surely I'll get a pass for purity stolen. Becoming a wizard is all I ever wanted.

Literally any D&D game.

Almost every game, same with melee combat. It's honestly a bit astounding The Elder Scrolls games do so well.

Each of the elemental types are just different flavoured special effects with numbers.

The only spells that actually add depth to the game are in illusion and conjuration.

Damn she is cute as fuck

Ace Attorney

It is better because you can perceive the witness's tes

Dragons Dogma, Dark Messiah, Fable... Morrowind.

There are a lot. Like Skyrim's magic is garbage.