Have you petted your local lalafell today, Sup Forums?

Have you petted your local lalafell today, Sup Forums?

FFXIV Stormblood Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/344248-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVIII-Update-Thread
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who is this new primal? Or is it one of the Ivalice raid bosses?

Apparently, the guy who did demon designs from SMT4 is doing the boss designs for that raid

Fuck off, the game is dead.

I want to fuck that thing.

Potatoes are for bully

Looks like a Ivalice enemy.

Petted? Dude, I'd FUCK one!

So dead some servers are locked out completely due to congestion. :^)

Those are all bots causing that. Anyone can make a trial account and flood the servers.

Have you hugged your local Roegadyn?

>I HATE grinding FATEs for this Yokai crap
>But I'm gonna do it anyway
What did the XIV userbase mean by this?
Was it 'tism?

>all cats look the same
>still haven't seen any XIV fanart or doujin with cats looking like mine
CHECKMATE, ASCIANS!

>tfw on Goblin
>empty as fuck server
>but have an active FC and friends who play
>almost guaranteed a shirogane house

it doesnt get comfier than this tbqh

>2 servers 'full'
>The rest dead, because everyone tries to go to the top 2

Uh huh.

>being this deluded

The cities are full of non-bots, most of the /vg/ FCs have dozens of active members, a few have them in the hundreds. It's winding down a bit now since everyone's gotten through SB, but it's still massively popular and very much alive.

KRISHNA WHEN? TOOT MECHANICS

Are any of the chan FCs worth looking into or is it all just shit and drama?

The one on Leviathan seems okay

The latter

>tfw finally getting 24 man roulette
Thank god, it'll give me something to do other than just running my expert everyday for creation.

Multiple new servers with bonuses have locked transfers due to congestion. Some have so many new accounts they're on the verge of losing their bonuses and switching to normal servers.

I don't get why you're pushing this meme so hard.

>it's a "mentor in dungeon finder is a turboshitter" episode

I really wish they would stop airing this multiple times a week.

>Servers so dead they literally have to ban people from moving to the popular ones and bait them with high EXp bonuses

kek okay man whatever you say.

I'm scared to hug one but I would gladly fist bump one.

why are you replying to me, friend?

>there are too many people in popular servers
>this means the game is dead

Please don't breed.

i pet all lalas on sight. it's funny when some throw temper tantrums or cuss me out for petting them.

Technically, the game isn't dead. It constantly gets new players and especially so when a new expansion or a patch comes out. But they don't often stay around and that's a problem. Once you get through the "story" the endgame activities are very stale, mostly just as singleplayer as the leveling campaign. Sure there'll be an odd guy who finds enjoyment in running expert or leveling other classes just to level them but most just go play other games.

If you don't raid you aren't really playing endgame anyway and even that shit runs out very fast. This game has a shit holding power and you have 10 seconds to prove me wrong.

I see a crown, I get triggered.

They should make clearing Savage a requirement to being a Mentor.

fair enough

Mentor system is just another cutesy way to backfill queues, don't kid yourself.

where they belong

>Know someone who cleared Alexander Savage its second week
>They go into dungeons and just 'relax' by letting their fairy heal and reading stuff on the internet

>visit OF because bored at work
>fags are actually attacking the OP and defending the botters about a thread of FATE botters being too common and not being banned

Christ what a shit hole

By the time one player quits because of "endgame boredom 100+ hours later", the game would have received a bunch of new players. Sure some new players leave too but more people stay in the long run than leave. What matters more to square enix is concurrent players than active players. While active players rises and drops frequently, the concurrent players has been steadily going up according to FFXIVcensus, which means that there are more and more people coming back for major patches which means that more people are likely to pay for expansions or cash shop items which make up the majority of FFXIVs cash flow.

You know, in hindsight i wish we started getting 1 dungeon per patch a lot eariler. 4.1 looks like its going to have plenty of new stuff instead of just 2 new boring dungeons. They'll also probably just add the new dungeon to the already existing EX roulette, giving us a 4 dungeon roulette instead of the 2 we had in Heavensward.

Very lewd.

>plenty of new stuff
Such as?
There's actually no new stuff at all.
PVP, okay, but if they have to cut content to get funds for PVP development, they seriously need to revise how they're doing things. Ultimate Coil I'm not even gonna humor as new content because it's literally reused assets.

>levelling gatherers
>do my HQ Turn In, then spam leves with the GC Buff, a Survival Guide buff + food
>Fetch collectibles when Eorzea time spawns the node
Am i doing it right? Also is this ever worth it at all? I have both MIN at 60 and BTN at like 54

I levelled Min to 60 in HW and saw the endgame with like Scrips that you turn in for books to be able to see better nodes to be able to turn in for more scrips and it really, really fucking put me off - is it the same in SB?

Because if it still involves turn ins for scrips just to be able to see nodes i'm not going to fucking bother

SE's selling level-skip potions so I don't think they really care much about whether you're actually playing the game or not, as long as you pay.

Bury that fucking potato and return it to where it belongs you degenerate.

>new short race never

Feels bad. I don't hate Lalas, but they just don't do it for me, not the same way Dwarves, Gnomes and Goblins do.

We'll just get more cat or lizard type shit going forward, since that's all everyone seems to play.

Don't be scared, we're actually a gentle lot. At least I am.

Rumours say we'll get Rabanastre as a city too with the new raid instead of it being 100% raid location. Your thoughts?

They didn't even make Ala Mhigo into a city.

help me choose an outfit anons

HAHAHAHAHAHA

i haven't seen the live letter

can someone give me a tl;dr of whats coming or just link me to somewhere that does?

i just know housing is coming out and one new dungeon - is there anything else worth giving a fuck about? Do we get the next wing of Omega?

yet

3.1 had plenty of new stuff and still had 2 new dungeons.

In fact, it had more stuff than 4.1 is going to dole out. It gave both diadem and LoV. Along with all the other stuff like crafting/gathering updates, new housing items, story updates, 24 man raid and all that jazz. While still giving 2 dungeons.

Super Savage is a single overtuned fight meant for .5% of the playerbase so what we're left with that's been revealed so far, is a new PvP mode.

And something about bards being able to perform. Whoop dee fucking doo.

>No new stuff
New raid
New Canal floors
New PvP
Eureka the forbidden land
1 dungeon
Bard's new /perform function
Ultimate Coil
New Extreme trial

So what if there are reused assets? It's still a new, completely redesigned fight. Do you really care so much about resource recicling that you'd rather have ANOTHER boring ass dungeon instead of some new things?

>What did the XIV userbase mean by this?
>Was it 'tism?

Couldn't decide on one tagline, eh?
Telltale sign you've got a touch of the 'tism my man

Ala Mhigo HM when? I can see Rabansatre being a raid like how they did with Weeping City

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/344248-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVIII-Update-Thread

And then Yoshi and Matsuno got drunk and wasted everyones time with talk about Matsuno's previous game instead of new announcements.

>Do you really care so much about resource recicling that you'd rather have ANOTHER boring ass dungeon instead of some new things?

If we're trading 1 dungeon for a single fight that only 5% of the playerbase will even attempt, then yes.

Well Diadem, LoV and Void Ark were all garbage

>Ivalice raid is going to have Ramza and Delita
>Strongly hinted at to be more than three parts, stretching into 4.6+
>Going to tie into the MSQ
>Custom built to fit into Eorzea by Matsuno

Where were you when a 24-man faceroll finally, definitively eclipsed the 8-man content?

>New raid
Which comes with every odd patch
>New Canal floors
If you think it cost them anything to implement neck yourself because you clearly have way too much tolerance for SE's koolaid
>New PvP
Made out of reused models and reused maps
>Eureka the forbidden land
Not coming in 4.1
>Bard's new /perform function
HAHAHAHA oh man you're serious
>New Extreme trial
Happens every patch anyway

>Do you really care so much about resource recicling that you'd rather have ANOTHER boring ass dungeon instead of some new things?
I'm not gonna fight for one more dungeon because XIV's dungeons are just as shit as the rest of the game but they're claiming they want to do new types of content and so far there's fucking NOTHING that doesn't come with any other patch anyway

Left looks a lot cuter imo

Become one with the funk.

>Where were you when a 24-man faceroll finally, definitively eclipsed the 8-man content?
Nowhere because I value gameplay more than """"""""story""""" and there's no way LFR shit will ever be any fun after the first time.

I would literally resub if they add a lot of glamour QoLs like the shit WoW had with transmog.

More people bothered with LoV and diadem than will ever bother with super savage though. And I happen to like LoV.

Also, if they have this bad a track record with releasing new shit, why are you guys all happy about them releasing less of what actually works (dungeons) in exchange for experimental shit that keeps 'failing'?

It already went down from 3 dungeons a patch in ARR to 2.

Ramza's as cliche as protags get and Delita is one of the worst written characters ever produced by Square, I can't fathom why people care.

> XIV's dungeons are just as shit as the rest of the game
Ah, you're a shitposter. Should have figured it out sooner, sorry about that

I CLAPPED
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW RABANASTRE

I wish I wish I knew where people who played slut characters lived.
They're so fucking annoying.

No wonder they look like shit, fucking bad designer.

Kek
Look at bns for true death

>rich little guy can buy all the catgirls and dragongirls he wants
>still runs around using a spyglass to peep on ladies
Explain.

I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!

Why is it that people automatically associate cliche with bad?

>Raid is Ivalice
>It's just going to have more fucking remixed music when Omega's soundtrack was already boring as sin

Nostalgia bait was a mistake, I miss original Soken works.

I finally got my sperm mount.
Man, fuck yokai watch.
Blizzaria is cute though.

>I'm not gonna fight for one more dungeon because XIV's dungeons are just as shit as the rest of the game but they're claiming they want to do new types of content and so far there's fucking NOTHING that doesn't come with any other patch anyway

I don't see why anyone is surprised by this. I didn't buy SB because they didn't even bother adding 3 jobs and a new race (or hell more options in the character creator) just to keep up with what HW gave for the expansion.

Nope instead it's 2 new jobs and... that's it, I guess. Where did all the 'extra dev time' go towards?

Because dungeons fucking suck dummy. We need the experimental shit that keeps failing becuase one day we'll get a new piece of content that keeps the game going, rather than just having more shitty ass tomestone grind mindless dungeons. If they didn't try anything new ever the game would stagnate and die. Also, i find it extremely ironic that you'd defend how you like LoV, content that fucking nobody cares about, while also complaining about how Super Savage is only meant to a small percentage of the playerbase. Maybe they also like that stuff like you like LoV, ever think about that?

>hit os3 wall
>no motivation to play anymore

should I stay unsubbed till ivalice

Not an argument. Boring straight lines of uninteresting mob grinder with no creativity whatsoever is an absolute worst dungeon design. You mill mobs for tomestone wage. It's so. fucking. boring. There's literally nothing special about any of the dungeons other than window dressing. Bosses are okay but it took them until the middle of Heavensward to feel like nontrivial fights.

And none of the dungeons feel like real places that exist in the world because they all have FF13 syndrome. Even WoW isn't this bad with dungeon design most of the time because AT LEAST WoW tries something that isn't just a line of mobs every once in a while.

I had some hopes when I saw that ghost guy at the end of the Sirensong Sea that's just kind of like a special tough enemy that you have to silence sometimes but then the rest of the dungeons never actually did anything interesting.

There's so much they could do with dungeons without stepping out of tomestone wage 20 minute regulated fun formula but they just don't want and hey, if they did, people would probably complain and leave if the dungeon required any brainpower to do at all.

Thrill of the hunt

Getting pretty bored desu.. that one singular dungeon and ex fight better be top fucking shit since it's all the content of substance that we're getting in 4.1

Fuck, i didn't think about that. Soken did such an amazing job with new songs all trough 3.0 only to have the executives replace him in a bunch of content to add nostalgia-bait Uematsu stuff. Really sad.

>I finally got my sperm mount.
>Man, fuck yokai watch.
The second glowing one?

>and Delita is one of the worst written characters ever produced by Square

>Maybe they also like that stuff like you like LoV, ever think about that?

I never said they couldn't have it. I understand why they made it. But what YOU don't understand, is that all of this 'saved dev time' isn't seen as an actual fucking improvement on the game.

You're not getting 4 or 5 new experimental things. You're getting, at best measure, 2 - even though one of them is severely reused assets. That's the motherfucking same as 3.1 gave and they STILL gave you 2 dungeons.

So you're not getting anything more. You're just getting less and less, and defending it because of 'hope'.

>muh dead sister this means nobody can be trusted and I must use everyone

So you agree with me that dungeons are shit. And i'm telling you that they should make more stuff that isn't dungeons. Why do you disagree with that then?

>Delita is one of the worst written characters ever produced by Square

pretty disappointed with what this patch is going to offer, i dont like how theyre shoving characters from other games so lazily this time, its only a matter of time before they actually do something stupid and put sephiroth or cloud in the game

>And i'm telling you that they should make more stuff that isn't dungeons. Why do you disagree with that then?
Because they aren't making more stuff that isn't dungeons compared to Heavensward patches, let alone ARR patches. It's like the moment the game became successful SE immediately stopped allocating resource to it.

What do you sugest they should do then? You don't want dungeons and you don't want new stuff because it's reused assets and it's probably going to be bad or whatever. What should they actually do to the game then? What is your brilliant solution? Or do you not have one because you're just a shitposter who doesn't actually like the game at all?

You're playing a modern Square Enix game. You must expect nothing but kitsch tasteless garbage.

>Finally realizes game is shit
>"Well you fix the game then! See you can't, it's literally not salvageable!"

Haha okay bud, we're done talking now.

>The second glowing one?
The fucking WHAT?!

Pic related

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

There's two. You get the other for collecting all Yokai weapons, IIRC. It's an achievement reward.

>yokai
Man, fuck this "event"

>What do you sugest they should do then?
It's actually quite obvious.
The thing they excel at is boss battles. Have more of them. Have more fucking raids of varying tiers. I don't care if they reuse models or mechanics, just have more of that because that stuff is what they do best.

In addition to that the game needs something with lastability. PVP isn't going to cut it - their PVP is bad and even skill rework isn't saving it. Maybe mech battles are gonna be better, but probably not. Play to the strengths of MMO and make something with exploration element. Diadem and PotD were ultimately steps in the right direction but they were half assed. Procedurally generated instances with stuff to explore, that's the ticket. What if you had this field with a bunch of enemies that changed every time. You'd have to pick your pulls, maybe kill a boss to open an easier path, maybe manage some kind of resource to make it easier on your party, maybe do a small puzzle here and there. Basically combine the best sides of content such as Lost Canals, Deep Dungeon and Diadem into one piece of gameplay. FF11 fans tell me that this is basically what FF11 endgame was at certain points. The important part here is the necessity to communicate with your party about what they want and picking your goals against a randomized environment. This is intended directly to combat the stale nature of PVE.

Barring that just steal fucking Mythic+ from WoW.

does anyone even still give a crap about assassins creed anymore?