What games let me play as a necromancer and raise an army of undead?

What games let me play as a necromancer and raise an army of undead?
>Blizzard games need not apply

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/404040/Lords_of_Magic_Special_Edition/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40607/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Poe. But the game really suck since the last expansion.

Heroes of Annihilated Empires

Guild Wars 1

>But the game really suck since the last expansion.

Care to state your reasons? I've been playing Fall of Oriath and I thought it was great I just think PoE's end game map system is flawed.

Age of Wonders 1.
>Invade a city with my army of orcs.
>An enemy army comes, lead by a seasoned hero, so I know i can't hold it for long.
>Plunder and raze while I prepare my spell.
>As the enemies arrive, I animate the ruins and make the corpses of the fallen join me in the next battle.
>I defeat the army and revive the hero.
>Hero refuses to join me even after death, so I leave him wandering the world for all eternity.

among the 6 new acts only two really feel new, the rest is full of boring huge area with nothing to do but bash annoying mobs and full of reused asset. If could play it the old style doing all 4 acts three time, I would. I really disliked the new acts

Total War Warhammer, Von Carstein is actually my fav faction.

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.

Well, if you want to go old-school, there's always Masters of Magic.

Diablo 3

>TFW Battle for the Middle Earth doesn't have good necromacy.
Golden chance lost.

Bump

Trove

>Masters of Magic
A classic from the golden age

I'd love a game with
>Comfy fortress building.
>Massive RTS battles
>Politics and plotting
>a fuckton of spells and skills, with cliché world magical items a la silmarils and shit so that you can achieve many goals to dominate the world in many ways.
then a whole DLC dedicated ONLY to necromancy, rituals and blood magic

>mfw that game gets made
>mfw the second DLC they follow it up with is entirely about Crusading, Religious Revolutionizing and Purging Skellingtons

I tried to go back to Master of Magic, but I can't stand the graphics anymore.

>tfw I want to go back to stacking stag beetles and fire breathing everyone.

try out warlords battlecry 3

it has
>comfy fortress building a la aoe2
>massive rts battles
>you can anger/ally with other factions
>like 8 different schools of magic
>tons of items
>an actually interesting storymode

and holy FUCK necromancer is hella powerful in that game

>start game
>spam summon wights and build houses for unit limit
>just overrun the enemy within minutes with your bone army

The other guy is complaining about the new maps but I really liked them, obviously there's a lot of unfinished content and expansion was rushed, it'll be done in time
What I hate is unique items have taken over the game, there are so many BiS uniqs now you don't even care to look at most of the rare drops

That makes for objectively shit gameplay in anything but an RTS

Arcanum

Why would you want DLC to add all that instead of having in from the start? Is this really how people think today? fuck me.

>Why would you want DLC to add all that instead of having in from the start?
What I had envisioned was already a fuckhuge game. Let's be honest, no company would make this in one go.
I can only hope in a few decades Dwarf Fortress will do this.

endless legend you faggot

find a time machine and experience gw1 minion master in all its glory

Dwarf Fortress in adventure mode

Endless legend has RTS element? I thought the combat is dice roll.

Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension

There's a few undead nations. A few of them are basically played in a way that mirrors the other nations in the game in a sort of opposite manner, where their dominion (the influence an empire exerts over a specific province, regardless of who owns it) actively kills the population and raises the up as undead warriors for your army.

This contrasts the way most nations play, which is to maximize profits and production from your provinces in order to train and maintain your army. These undead nations have no upkeep costs because you ain't gotta pay the dead.

It's also the best strategy game on Steam. Unfortunately, the AI is terrible, so you're essentially limited to multiplayer in order to really see the game shine.

Then how about a game with a few "honor-guard" type groups instead of legions of undead?

Grim dawn.

That game is Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension, except without the RTS battles.

Instead you program your armies before hand and during the fight, you have no control. You hope your army composition and tactics are better than your opponents, and if not, you hope your guys route quicker to minimize losses.

The most insanely complex spell system I've ever seen in a game. It has like 5000 spells that range from summoning demonic beasts that have a chance to eat your own units, to passives that cause your enemies to kill themselves just by hitting you.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

This series is the actual, literal definition of underrated.

I got you OP.

Disciples 2+ its expansions

Undead Hordes faction

Don't forget the luck factor- every once in a while a farmer kills a god with a single, well-placed pitchfork throw.

It happens once in every thousand games, but it does happen.

Unironically skyrim. You can raise almost any character from the dead to be a permanent thrall

Good game, but I wish WBC3 had 2's hero RPG system

That screenshot is compelling, is the game any use?

I'd only touched upon WBC2 briefly after playing a lot of 3 since that was the game I first played
I felt dismayed by the smaller amount of races and the graphics felt off, even though in hindsight they do actually look better

What's different that you would want in WBC3?

DLC is just millenialspeak for expansion pack.

Battle for Wesnoth

>endless legend
It looks really neat but it goes crazy with the factions.
I miss the good feel of having vanilla Kings and knights vs über evil monsters.

But disciples 2 has a very shit combat.
The base building and the world setting is just perfect. I wish more games did this.

For more arcade taste, the new Gauntlet.

Reminds me of that kickstarter game that was all about being a necromancer.

I checked it's progress a little while back and it turns out it got dropped due to dev drama.

My niggers.

>game is called lichdom
>has nothing to do with liches or the undead
fucking rip off

Even so it would still be irrational to not want those things in the BASE game and literally fucking ask to get nickel or dimed, whether it is actually necessary or not
not him

GrimGrimoire

store.steampowered.com/app/404040/Lords_of_Magic_Special_Edition/
DESTRUCTION awaits

Sacrifice, doesn't get better than that.

Darksiders 2

>Make good gaem
>people like it. Get money
>can finally add some extra features to make it better.
Expansion packs were good ideas when they added content to a complete game.
The ritual part sounds very DLC worthy. You could spend the whole game searching for the silmarils or some shit to cover the world in ice or whatever is it you wanna do. It would add a lot of fun gameplay options. Fuck. Now I want this to happen too.

>summon 3 ghouls for 30 seconds that don't do much

it's a great game but death isn't exactly a necromancer here

To be fair, you can summon undead and you do fight undead.

looking for that

Dominions 4 is the ultimate, archlich simulator. Make the sun go dark, and bring death.

Guild wars 2

Is GW2 still alive and kicking? Its hard to tell with the weird state /gw2g/ is in over on /vg/

sadly not, more GW1, but I want to invade the world like the Night King.

>raise an army of undead

Pokemon

specifically ghost type Pokemon

Still waiting for that skeleton Pokémon...

TOME but the way they do it is kinda bullshit last I remember you can raise all you want but you have an aura that surrounds you that your minions need to be in or else they lose health and since they're much slower than you it's annoying slowing down just so you can keep a decent force intact

I still hate the risk of rain dev for not going through with this

Total War: Warhammer, also there is a lich mod for skyrim:

>nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40607/?

heroes of might and magic 3.

That part is annoying but once you get a huge aura and higher level minions it isn't too bad, plus the necromancy in that game is really good, and you get a unique quest to become a lich and such

Path of Exile

lemme tell you bout dorf fort

Dins curse and their new game zombasite has a necromancy class, starts with simple raise Archer and melee skeletons but then you unlock raise dead which raises shit just as it was when it was alive forever until you complete that zone the more you level that skill the more you can raise at a time, and each skill is separate so you could have 3 melee skeletons 4 archers and 6 other things, plus with the hybrid system you can select another class to level

>When you rush to kill the enemy general and cause the enemy infantry to rout instantly with all the stacked -leadership effects

I love seeing the dire wolves melt them like butter while they try to run away.

Total War: Warhammer looks interesting. Anyone played it?