Jedi Knight series gets rebooted

>Jedi Knight series gets rebooted
>Protagonist is now Rey instead of Kyle

Would you love it?

Just make a new series at that point.

Nope.

If the game overall is just as good or better, yes.

Why not Kylie?

no

Just make it Finn, he was the best part of that mediocre movie

i wouldn't mind asoka from clone wars
but a game with rey would be too limited story and gameplay wise

no because i cant think independently so when i see someone on Sup Forums hate on women and black people it makes me hate women and black people too

>EA
No

he has a good profile of a funny sidekicks i don't get why they try to make him serious

Needs to take the Jedi Academy route and just have a character creator.

I don't think I'd be interested at all if it wasn't Kyle, a new unique character, or a custom character. New Star Wars sucks.

Rey might have the personality of a damp towel, but she's fucking dope

>Anakin: some random kid who was supposedly the chosen one who would bring balance to the force. Prophecy ended up being wrong, he was just a random fairly powerful jedi
>Luke: some farmer who became a jedi. Took him several months to learn to use the force properly, took him decades to become really powerful
>Rey: she's an ancient, nearly omnipotent goddess who created the light side but suffers from amnesia so she doesn't remember just how powerful she is

the new lore is terrible

I couldn't play the game cause I'd be too busy staring at the qt

>Rey
>Not with Poe Dameron

It's pretty obvious that he's a force sensitive.

No, just let the series rest in peace.
Make something new instead of raping the corpse of a beloved game.

>Prophecy ended up being wrong, he was just a random fairly powerful jedi

Fairly powerful is an understatement. At the height of his power he was stronger than Sheev and depending on your point of view he fuffiled the prophecy by either throwing Sheev to his death, or bringing balance by wiping out the corrupt and egotistical Jedi.

>At the height of his power
Anakin NEVER reached his true potential. Pre-suit Anakin was powerful, but he could have been more powerful if not for his cocky and arrogant attitude against the Jedi in general or if he was under Sheev's wing long enough.

>random kid
No. He was literally a being born of the force you dumbass. He absolutely was the chosen one. He brought balance to the force by causing the systematic destruction of the light side which was what was disrupting the balance in the first place, having grown too large. Then he threw sheev off a bridge, thereby killing both sides nigh completely other than his kids.

My comment was based upon the heights of power he reached during his existence, Ep3 Anakin was the very height of his power, be it fully realized, or not.

Finn isn't a Jedi, though.

I doubt that Episode 3 Anakin could have been able to match Palpatine.He had trouble against fighting his old master.

>>Rey: she's an ancient, nearly omnipotent goddess who created the light side but suffers from amnesia so she doesn't remember just how powerful she is
disgusting

Seriously, fuck EA for getting a 10 year exclusivity to Star Wars and then doing FUCK ALL with it.

It's canon. Not to mention he only failed against Obi-Wan because he was trained by him, Obi-Wan knew all his moves. If Yoda had fought Anakin Yoda would have lost.

I don't give a flying shit as long as the lightsaber gameplay is back. It's not like Jedi Academy had anything but utter garbage story anyway.

>Protagonist is now Rosh instead of Kyle

No, if anything the movies would be better if the protagonist was Kyle instead of Rey.

A Jedi Knight movie would be cool if it covered all the games.

It would be shit irregardless of who the main character was

Star Wars games, like the movies now, are shit.

Stop fucking making these terrible new movies and games, go back and enjoy the old good stuff.

>Rey: she's an ancient, nearly omnipotent goddess who created the light side but suffers from amnesia so she doesn't remember just how powerful she is

Wait what.
When did this happen?

>Obi-Wan knew all his moves.
>implying

we all know what defeated anakin

To be fair. Obi-wan was close to his peak in that fight too and what Obi-wan lacked in pure force abilities he more than made up for in resourcefulness and level headed tranquility. Obi-wan didn't beat Anakin because he was stronger, Obi-wan beat Anakin because he was calm, knew all of Anakin's abilities, and was prepared to do what must be done. Anakin was inside of his own head the entire fight, he was sloppy compared to how he could have fought, and his force abilities were off kilter because he still loved Obi-wan in the back of his mind. If peak Anakin with a level head and peak Obi-wan were to fight, Anakin would have won without much issue.

Remember that part after the weird lightsaber spin when both tried to force push eachother?
If Anakin was truly that more powerful Obi-wan wouldn't be able to counter him that.

>When did this happen?
TFA

Curse of the monkey paw, imo.

I watched it and while it was a poor movie I don't remember anything like that

That's not how the force works user. Stop being a casual.

I always want more lucha in my vidya, so yes. I'd love it.

you don't remember rey being able to do loads of force moves with no training at all and being able to use a lightsabre with no problems being a sith by just believing in the power of the force and coming under no threat at all?

What we really need is another EU set thousands of years after current Star Wars canon. Give it an old republic kind of a feel. That way we're unburdened with all the current nonsense and can just get a good character focused game set in a familiar, but different universe.

Dont be stupid user, that doesnt immediately equate to her being a force goddes, that's from the alleged ep. 8 leaks.

nu-Star Wars makes me miss the prequel trilogy.

>Rey Mysterio third person action adventure game set in Star Wars universe
>he isn't a jedi, but it turns out the ancient lost art of lucha libre is the purest counter to the force
>doing crazy flying presses and suplexes against the universe's most powerful sith lords
>game has lots of romance options, Rey voices himself, and the game has multiple endings depending on choices made through the game

WILL THERE BE PODRACING IN EPISODE 8?

Why the fuck do we even need canon. Fuck that shit, i don't care if those stories are connected. I just want good games, they can exclude themselves for what i care.

>Can I use the force to scratch my butt
>Fuck yeah I can

Always and forever my favorite line.

Excellent post.
Loved that Exar Kun was so fucking powerful that the residual dark side energy on his lightsaber alone almost twisted Jareal to the point of breaking.

Neither is Kyle. He's just a guy with a lightsaber.

Best girl

>close to being corrupted, Rey is saved by the lingering force spirit of pic related
>Rey finished Darth Haitch with a Frogsplash

Silliness aside, what games let you implement lucha or pro wrestling in general to your moveset? I know you have a bunch of wrestling moves in NMH, and Spider-Man 2 would let you piledrive and clothesline niggas.

>this is foreshadowing
Alright, that got me.
Remember when Luke was deflecting blaster shots within minutes of picking up a lightsaber for the first time?

Wait is that Mara from Mysterious of the Sith and she died?

>deflecting easy shots from a training droid designed to help him train
>on the same level as being able to force persuade or repel having your mind jumped into and then delving into a trained siths mind

hmmm

Battlefront 2 EA is looking pretty alright

Did they remove the shitty arcade coin system from the first?

N-NO BOYS ARE DIFFERENT, BOYS ARE BETTER

I think the thing is you actually believe that you need "training" to use the Force, which is what the EU pumped out.
Fucking Anakin had superhuman reflexes at age 9. You need to unlearn what you have learned, because that shit never actually applied to the movies.

This. At least having his Lightsaber skills limited would keep his approach to blaster and blade combat could be intresting, provided they give him another Lightsaber to play with. Maybe inheriting Luke's lightsaber again after he dies since Rey gets her own.

>Battlefront 2 EA is looking pretty alright

Get the fuck out.

K25CN-4Y6I8-8HI9R

Not canon anymore.

>Already Owned

Dammit

Obi-Wan put up enough of a force push-back that it created an air pocket that pushed them both backwards. He was still definitely on the losing end of that though.

But Yoda trained Dooku, who trained Qui-Gon, who trained Obi-Wan, who trained Anakin
So far it seems like it's fixed literally all of the original's problems.

>Trained Sith

He was a Jedi Apprentice that turned and Snoke said he was going to complete his training at the end of the movie.

Oh man, that would be great. Imagine if they made it canon to the film's, like it takes place between 8 and 9 and shows Rey finally going through proper training (since it will obviously be disrupted in 8, like Luke's training was in Empire). That would be pretty amazing.

You mean Poe

What about yodle?

The prophecy about bringing balance to the force wasn't wrong. Luke is the balance he brought. Anakin died killing Palpatine, and left Luke, who is essentially a grey Jedi, in their place.

Yes he did but he didn't personally train Anakin and that very fact was the only reason why Obi-Wan wasn't cut down as quick as Dooku was.

When in TFA did they even imply she's an ancient being created by the light?

>Would you love it?

I would if the TWO-TIME 2-TIME WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA was not involved in ANY way.

Why would anyone want new Star Wars games when EA is at the helm?

How many times you faggots gotta get burned before you'll learn??

Literally the only people who want another EA game is EA shills.

What are you an antisemite?
Look at all those positive posts in this Thread, the community loves the new star wars!
Uhh maybe you should leave and let us enjoy our EA™ products???

Remember when Anakin, a being born of the fucking force, picked up a lightsaber for the first time in Phantom Menace and beat Darth Maul, then went on to beat Dooku in their first encounter? There's literally nothing wrong with Rey's character and anybody who says otherwise is misogenetics and doesn't respect wamen.

This is kind of true. Rey was on that desert planet for about ten years or something, fending for herself, fighting with that stick, scavenging, haggling with and learning several languages from all the rowdy fuckers who hang out at the scrapyard, how to fly and service a variety of ships thanks to the training programs on that Y-Wing computer she kept for herself. This shit is poorly conveyed in the movie, so you don't really get that she hardened the fuck up in her youth to be able to survive in the desert in which she spent most of her life, while also having the tools to learn the shit she knows.

Comparatively, Luke lived a more mundane farm life well into his late teens. His shooting and flying skills came from his farmboy life of shooting wamprats and riding his landspeeder all over the place. He was the one case where he effectively had to learn from scratch in an age where the presence of The Force itself was apparently dramatically weakened.

Anakin was a whiz with C3-LEGO building playsets and good on a pod racer, but still a kid when he got recruited into the Jedi School of Wizardry and Witchcraft. We don't get to see him growing up, we only see that he's already a highly skilled Jedi in the second movie, formally trained.

The one thing all three of them have in common was good flying skills, after that, their talents and more importantly their upbringings differ wildly. When you link these natural skills to how the Force works (not shit you spend a lifetime training so you can cast Lightning Bolt, but people unconsciously channeling the force to enhance their natural skills until they become conscious of their affinity to the force at which point they can actively push their abilities to a supernatural level), it's not so out there that Rey is able to WHO GIVES A FUCK WE NEED TO SUPERCHARGE THIS NEW TRILOGY WITH BIG EXPLOSIONS AND LIGHTSABER FIGHTS AND FORCE POWERS GOING ON ALL THE TIME

It's better for everyone, especially Disney, if EA does nothing with this beloved franchise.

Combined with the fact Finn is an autistic battle maniac the game could get Force Unleashed levels of curazy

I'd buy it if it had 3 things:
>Mod tools
>multiplayer
>bots.

Wouldn't the game be a fucking cheese fest though? Literally the fucking pleb/easy tier of video games?

Rey is OP as shit, and you'll probably start instantly with all of the abilities unlocked and mastered.

>Mod tools

>EA

No.

If there wasn't a mod tool for EA Battlefront, there will NEVER be a fucking mod tool for Jedi Knights user.... You're delusional.

No but I remember in Phantom Menace where Anakin got into a space ship, proceeded to outpilot the enemy and have everyone exclaiming "WOW! Who's that mysterious ace pilot!?" all while he was only 10 years old.

I also remember in A New Hope when Luke was revealed to be an ace pilot despite living as a fucking moisture farmer on a backwater planet.

Face me Jedi!

Their death screams are GOAT.

With force powers.
Finn doesn't have shit.

LEAVE THIS PLACE
best mission

>Game slows down every time you kill one
>It's still satisfying every time

>tfw spawning a bunch of noghri and stormtroopers to watch them battle it out

Annie has been podracing for a while by the time TPM happens. Anakin was a genius, used to the hostile but incredibly rich and diverse world of tatooine. Luke had been practicing with friends for years and wanted to get an official pilot license.
They got a few non space standard flights.

Poe had a good intro but spent half the movie "dead" Finn was the Mc for 90+ percent of the movie and had a pretty fucking interesting conflict untill it was all shelfed because Rey HAD to be the "real" Mc, a pretty boring character by herself who's mystery is pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain. Because of Rey we don't even get a confrontation with Finn and Capt. Phasma which was a goddamn waste, hell even his fight with Kylo Ren was better than hers even if he lost. In a perfect world Force Awakens would have ended with Finn, Poe and Rey heading out to find Luke as a new adventure not the crap we got instead

*uses force speed and attacks you from behind before you can counter*

Nothing personal dark jedi

um, what?