Did you buy his game, Sup Forums?

Did you buy his game, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5y4JokQW5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

of course

i'm not a monster

no because i don't have a switch but i really want one

I don't understand why producers involve themselves with a single system, when the money is clearly there for other systems. He probably thought he'd be rolling in dough by signing with Nintnedo, but he overlooked Nintendo's track record with fucking over small studios.

Yes, but I haven't played it since Splatoon 2 came out, other than to briefly check out Max Brass.

no i dont buy kusoge

Nope, don't have a Switch. But it won my over at E3. I'll probably get it later this year.

So are motion controls actually valid? I keep hearing all the tourney winners use pro controllers.

calling my job tomorrow to see if they are going to threaten me into giving back the money they mistakingly gave me (which is unlikely)
and if they don't i might end up buying a switch with arm bundled with it.

What track record? The only thing I can think of in recent history is Nintendo basically giving Platinum a blank check to make two big games with full creative freedom.

Nah, and it even came at a time when I was starving for Switch games. Just didn't care for the test punch at all. Had mild fun for an hour and never has any desire to play again.

this tbqh

I'm going to buy either it, Splatoon 2, or Bomberman R tomorrow

hidoiyo...
(´;ω;`)ウゥゥ

splatoon

Yep. Love it.

I did.
Had fun with the base game but there's really not much to do in the game.
Now Splatoon 2's my default online game on Switch.

Yeah, but at a discount. It was better than I expected, but still a little barebones. Hopefully a sequel will be more solid.

Wait for Pokken DX, it has just as little single player content, but the gameplay has far more meat to it and actually has the depth to sustain a long term playerbase and competitive scene

Both the scene and online matchmaking of the original Pokken are active to this day

>small studios
I don't understand your point. ARMS was developed by the Mario Kart team in Nintendo, not a small studio that Nintendo hired to make the game.

There's only one real choice.

Buy the cheapest

Yes, but it's Mario Rabbids' time to shine now
Can't wait for Lola-pop tho

Yes. And I regret it. I was expecting the next Splatoon. Instead I got a $60 version of rock em sock em robots. The extra "modes" are a literal distraction and the single player is just the multiplayer against an input-reading AI. Collecting extra ARMS is a chore if you don't win against high level opponents constantly which can be a huge turn off if you haven't gotten gud in the first few hours of playing.

The characters and lore are wasted on a mediocre fighting game with no content. Splatoon has gotten more meaningful content updates and events in a month than ARMS has gotten in three. Seriously, what the fuck is that event system I opted into? It's been a month now and no one's even hinted to what it means.

There are gameplays for this
Blame yourself

>77~

If I'd gotten a Switch earlier I wouldn't have bothered, but it was in EVERY fucking bundle that month before Splatoon 2 came out and I wanted one by then. I might warm up to it eventually but Splatoon and Zelda have kept my attention away from it.

Splatoon 2 will last you far longer.
They tried to use a system similar to the original Splatoon with ARMS as far as releasing content goes, but so far the frequency of the content updates has been pitiful so far, with Splatoon 2 having added a lot more extra stuff than ARMS has so far, despite ARMS releasing over a month earlier.

Yes and I regret it ever since. You have to play incredibly lame to get anywhere in this game.

Have you tried not being terrible?

I ask the same thing about this game

The problem isn't the lack of content, it's the lack of meat to the gameplay.

Other fighting games have similarly low amounts of content, but their gameplay systems and mechanics are deep enough that people can spend thousands of hours in the game without getting burnt out. ARMS doesn't have that. There's not enough executional, mechanical, or fundamental depth to keep your interest. There's mindgames, but those mindgames exist at a super surface level and once you figure them out that's all there is to understand.

As implies, Nintendo shouldn't have bothered with arms and they should have spent time and effort shilling Pokken more and adding more content to Pokken DX, since it actually does have that complexity ARMS doesn't.

But Pokken is almost exclusively a game of rock, paper, scissors. And it's visual style is atrocious. Arms has its charms

Pokken is gimmick garbage tho

Is his only suit a bathrobe?

Looks kind of cozy.

business comfy

I didn't like Pokken on Wii U, the controls felt really clunky to me even with the wired controller, the only reason I would get it is I hear Empoleon has a certain gimmick with making ice floors and sliding around I find interesting.

To be honest though I am most likely going for Splatoon or Bomberman anyways.

Why didn't this game get amiibo? It's like the only major Nintendo release to not get one

>But Pokken is almost exclusively a game of rock, paper, scissors

That's completely incorrect. It's not any more rock paper scissors then any other fighting game, Nintendo just marketed it as RPS to make it seem easier for casuals. It's got almost the exact same gameplay mechanics and systems as any other competitive fighting game.

In every fighting game, you have a sort of RPS system between attacks, blocks, and grabs. All pokken does to modify it is add Street Fighter 4 style focus attacks and FADC, allowing attacks to tech/punish grabs, and you get a slight damage boost by making the right read for those, and that doesn't over-reward making randomly correct reads because all characters can bait counters and circumvent the entire system. I can counter, but what if he's setting up and ready for it? perhaps I can use an unsafe command counter? perhaps he's going for a high risk, high reward set-up and the reward for counter is greater than the risk? etc

If it was RPS, then you'd have the top 8/16 of every major/regional be completely different since it'd be random, but instead of you clearly domiant players consistently making it in for the events they attend (without it being a TOTALLY stagnant scene where /only/ those players make it)

>And it's visual style is atrocious.
I don't really agree but I can see why other people would think that

What about it is a gimmick?

>is I hear Empoleon has a certain gimmick with making ice floors and sliding around I find interesting.
Correct, here's a video on it: youtube.com/watch?v=c5y4JokQW5A

That's how you could tell they didn't have faith in it. Their ARMS could have been bendy like the Guardian amiibo. Wave 1 of the five announced with the game (Spring, Ribbon, Ninjara, Mechanica, Mummy), Wave 2 of the other five that launched with the game, and then Wave 3 being the DLC characters. It would have made perfect sense and increased the game's presence as a long term title.

Give them a similar function to the Splatoon 2 amiibo to save your ARMS configurations as well as unlock additional coins every day to earn more ARMS and you'd have a perfect set of amiibo.