N64 had a controller designed by aliens and ran at 8 fps

>N64 had a controller designed by aliens and ran at 8 fps
>PS1 looked like actual barf and had an enormous fail rate
>Saturn was perfect, but flopped due to Sega's incompetence and 90% of good games never came out in a real country
>what even needs to be said about the Jaguar and 3DO?

This is literally the worst console generation in history.

Dawg these came out in the stone age

>The N64 controller meme again!
Where did this come from?

>>what even needs to be said about the Jaguar and 3DO?
Tempest 2000 and Immercenary.

>muh hardware

What matetrs is the games,the 5th gen blows the 7th gen out of the water and is objectively better than the 6th gen too,only the 4th one is superior.

if we are not including 1 and 2 it really is the worst with 3rd gen. the only argument most faggots can come up with is "y-your just underage you had to be there"!!!!

>This is literally the worst console generation in history.
Not for arcades or pc.
And honestly not for consoles too

Good games gimped by dogshit hardware and utter incompetence that only now are being made playable by emulation.

Nah the limited hardware capablities spawned a lot of incredible 3D games and a lot of 2D titles too.

Saturn had crippling hardware issues thanks to Sega's botched launch devkit. They corrected it later but by then the Saturn was on death's door.

>MUH HARDWARE
>>Saturn was perfect
>Make parallel CPUs
>Give them segmented cache
>Perfect
This is a website for 18+ kid.

But it's cool to say that the Saturn was perfect because nobody owned one

Why do people who only watched youtube videos pretend they know anything about videogames? I can bet my ass that they played five games max for each platform and still feel the need to judge.

Couldn't even handle transparencies correctly.

VDP2 can. I would ask if you've ever played burning rangers but you clearly haven't.

Nah you just have shit tastes OP.

PS1 > Saturn > N64 >>>> rest

>PS1
>high fail rate
How so? My launch model still runs good as new

wrong.

>works for me

I'm getting tired of this shit.

>tfw Sup Forums is so young anons are getting this way with the Dreamcast
>just watch youtube videos and obviously parrot things when they've never handled the system

I've watched so many anons spout bullshit it's amazing.

Domino's Pizzas taste like fucking shit, regardless of what the Noid does to them.

Scratch that,they probably only played games on one platform

The PS1 didn't have a high failure rate,the PSOne did.

>burning rangers
Actually I have, shit was okay.

Serious question, between mine and all my friends PS1s I've never seen one fail.
I've seen/had PS2s,X360s and PS3s fail but never a PS1

ok no one cares

We were a Saturn household!

My favourite game was Dragon Force. Still holds up.

the dreamcast was never popular though. it was obscure from day one because the PlayStation 2 had a DVD player and could do transparainces which the dreamcast couldn't.

>you won't confirm my bias so no one cares
N64 baby pls go

It was a first leap? What the fuck do you expect? We're probably never see another true honestly leap in technology in gaming like we did going from the 4th to the 5th gen.

No moment like seeing Mario in 3D for the first time, or FFVII ever again.

Just more "THE RESOLUTION GUYS!" and what media apps you can download on the fucking thing.

Console gaming stagnanted with the 6th gen.

I don't even remember how I got mine. I had a ton of fun with it though.

PlayStation nostalgia babies are way WAY worse
lovely spacing

Look at the thing.

im a 3do kid, son.

Early models had overheating, plastic used for all the moveable parts/laser that was close to the power supply or a source of heat. My friend that had a launch one had to start putting it on its side or upside down to read discs. My brother got an early model and it started having the same issues.

Is that the only obscure console your favorite eceleb has ever talked about? I know you can do better champ

i really liked all the n64 games i played though

? 3do is legitimately a great console for what it was

>Saturn was perfect
>A 2D console given a last minute hack job to barely run 3D games.

The Dreamcast has picked up the following it has because it was the last gasp of arcade-relevance in gaming and had a short but incredibly productive life.

n64 games belong to the PC if you ever go back to that dark grey piece of shit with antialiasing I'll fucking kill you

>the final gen of 2D games
>the first gen where 3D games didn't all suck
>the last gen of where devs experimented heavily
>the last gen where small dev team (non-indie) still existed
>the last gen arcade games were still hot
>the last gen where soundtracks didn't collectively suck dick
>the last era where three consoles could be considered good
>the last era where Japan was still producing the majority of the games on consoles
>the last era before online multiplayer too off

More like best gen

i would say this is the most overrated gen on Sup Forums but then again Sup Forums has a massive hard on for 6th gen recently

No, everything on it was ported away, usually to Saturn, and almost all of its library was mediocre trash. Nice revisionism though.

Dreamcast was selling well until it was discontinued,nice youtube knowledge.

Nevermind the great launch in the USA and it somehow outselling the PS2 in 2000 there. Sega had already fucked itself and couldn't recover no matter the number of hardware or software sales.

3do version was the best one, maybe you should be looking facts before spewing bullshit

Games wasn't why Sega Saturn failed. Sega being run by retards, especially in Sega USA vs Sega JP was why.

I've seen 2 ps1s fail. One was a friend's and the other was a cousin's

north american launch is the third most successful console launch of all time. only the ps2 and ps4 beat it.

And yet again reddit exposes its inability to understand sarcasm

If you were actually there to witness it and had money to spend it was hands down the most thrilling and inventive games generation we've yet seen

see

M E R E L Y

kek right on cue

feel free to stop embarrassing yourself anytime

>tfw free decent crt from friend this weekend
>having Saturn, n64 and ps1 all hooked up to it

Feels good.

>>the last era where three consoles could be considered good

PS2 GC Xbox. and PS3 Wii 360 were both great

P R E T E N D I N G

>PS2 GC Xbox

No,GC and XBox were mediocre

>PS3 Wii 360

AHAHAHAHAHA

ps3 and xbox was godawful

>all of those green goblin sticks

I've got one that's still kicking and a CvS Capcom side ascii fight pad. Shit's nice.

GC is great, so is Xbox, original Xbox revolutionized online for consoles

they started off that way but a few years in both were great

Let's analyze what you just said line by line:
>the final gen of 2D games
Absolutely false, the truth is that you stopped giving a shit after this gen because you're a 3D gamer, admit it.
>the first gen where 3D games didn't all suck
I dunno if you know this, but most 3D games were shovelware, and the 3D games that you remember were actually outliers. Now, if we were talking the 6th gen, that's a different story...
>the last gen of where devs experimented heavily
Developers have always experimented heavily, it's just that now we surround ourselves with AAA studios whose livelihoods depend on the success of these games, and thus they have to be more safe. Try playing some 8th gen indie games, or better yet, try the 6th generation.
>the last gen of where small dev team (non-indie) still existed
You have this stigma against indie developers, and then you claim that no small dev teams exist. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
>the last gen arcade games were still hot
The majority of the Time Crisis, Tekken, and Soulcalibur games were on PS2, not PS1.
>the last gen soundtracks didn't collectively suck dick
I really don't want to pull this shit, but "Muh Musical Subjective Relativism"
>the last era where three consoles could be considered good
The 6th gen had four amazing consoles, and the 7th gen was pretty good too.
>The last era where Japan was still producing the majority of the games on consoles
Are you implying that Japan makes better games? Or are you just a weeb?
>the last era before online multiplayer too off
What is Doom? What is Quake? What is Unreal?

NES/SNES = Everquest/Lineage/Ultima
PS1 = Vanilla WoW
PS2 = TBC
PS3 = WOTLK

The Dreamcast is just aesthetic as fucj

7th gen did have some good stuff but I feel like it was the start of the decline. I'm fucking bored to tears with the current gen and don't even see myself purchasing anything if there is one after this.

>he doesn't like the PS1 aesthetic
yeah its easy to pick a shitty looking ps1 game (like any console from that era) but then you get something like vagrant story or crash 2 or spyro 1

The only thing I really miss from 6th gen is music.

Now it's a LE EPIC HANS ZIMMER derivative bullshit. Or some boring ass dubstep edm shit.

no the dreamcast did. and ps3 has and will always be shit

Chrono Cross was pretty good looking. The backgrounds were gorgeous.

>expecting a board that has 70%+ of people playing on PC to have good taste in vidya
>expecting people addicted to open world games and other shit genres to know their stuff

>6th gen kid
>that is also a PCfag and a indiefag

Everything checks out

dreamcast had a lot of features ahead of everyone else but its online was nothing compared to xbox live

It had the same shit but not as many people using it

I don't think I've read a more cancerous post on this subject.

6th gen kiddies are so obnoxious. at least with 4th and 5th gen fags they dont act all high mighty and pretend it was the last bastion of gaming and everything went to shit afterwards.

dreamcast laid the foundation for online console gaming, give credit where credit is due.

Nice argument.

Most of my favorite games of all time come from the 5th gen, and yeah, some of them are PC games. I also don't play indie games all that often. The last one I played was Ori.

Face it grandpa, FPS is a good genre.

it had less features, less supported games, and less users

>>expecting a board that has 70%+ of people playing on PC to have good taste in vidya
I mostly old games on my PC, what are you going to do now fuccboi

Saturn did it before. So did the genesis, snes, famicom, 8bit computers, and even the Atari 2600

Who the fuck are you kidding? What do you think this exact thread is? All I see is a bunch of 5th generation nostalgiafagging.
"Oh were not as naive as the generation after us"

Go back to Kikebook with that cringe shit.

Your opinions are based on ignorance, somebody ITT used the phrase "Youtube knowledge", that's a good term for this transparent poseur shit.

Backpedaling is not allowed son

Nothing,you just have shit taste.

it did, and then xbox took that idea and made it hugely successful revolutionizing online on consoles

ok nvm then, you are just retarded

The virtual boy came out between ps1 and N64 and the virtual boy was quite likely the shitteist console in all of history.

>backpedaling
Can you objectively prove the superiority of one generation over another? No? Then shut the fuck up.

wrong, dreamcast online was a big deal. next argument.

Literally prove me wrong.

Not to mention Return Fire.

found the 6th gen kiddie

except i shit on your shit tastes fuccboi

I hate this meme. Teletoboxer and wariolamd instantly nullify your post, but you've never used a real VB have you?

The R-Zone and the Action Max would like a word with you.

dreamcast itself wasn't a big deal, it was a gigantic flop, its lesser used online was of even less importance

You know what? You're right. I'm proud of my generation, and I don't need some old ballsack telling me how my generation got it easy.

Historical revisionism scares me

>Objectively prove the superiority of one generation to another?

Every generation improved upon the last