This game may not be better than Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, or Bloodborne, but it is far better than Dark Souls 3

This game may not be better than Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, or Bloodborne, but it is far better than Dark Souls 3.

Ok

wrong

It's easily the best in the series though

False, it's better than Demon's Souls though

Ds2>Ds1>Ds3>Demon Souls>bb

t. didnt play bb

DS1>DS3>BB>DS2

Correct. Dark Souls 3 didn't feel like a souls game, it felt like some shitty version of Bloodborne with Dark Souls aesthetics. DS2 has problems but it still felt like a souls game.

if you ignore visuals, controls, enemy design, soul memory, netcode, boss design, characters and music I agree. which leaves level design I guess? except DS2 has that whole mario 64 thing going on where none of the levels make sense internally or in the context of eachother

SotFS = BB > DaS1 > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2.

DS2 is a garbage game that during the development got a harder assfuck than ENB gave his sister after their prom night.

They scrapped like almost half of the development time because Miyazaki motioned that his buddy Shibuya was placed as a director for the game while Miyazaki himself worked on Bloodborne.

Since people shit on DS2 for having Iron Keep above the burning whindmill, why is it ok for DS1 to have the swamp of Blight Town above Ash Lake where you can even see the sun comming through the sky ?

Nobody asked for your opinion even in the last thread faggot, fuck off somewhere else and spread your incest cancer there

correct

from my understanding, ash lake exists below the world, and the world is supported by a bunch of trees like the one you descend to get to ash lake.

I think being able to teleport from the start killed the worldbuilding and limited repsawns were silly but other than that I agree. Magic felt good, the weapons and armor were infinitely better in terms of design and not as many gimmick bosses

Getting cucked by his wife is basically karma for lying and shilling the dogshit game Dark Souls 2 was.

The "swamp" of blighttown is just sewage that has piled up between the sewer and the inner wall of the fortress. When you go through blighttown and down through the Great Hollow it's possible that you end up outside the ring wall.

Go back to bed marcus, your sister is waiting for you there.

>not as many gimmick bosses

I acknowledge your opinion, and vehemently disagree with it because DS2 was a piece of crap with no memorable bosses, no memorable characters, muddy graphics, poor weapon weight, and extremely downgraded experience from what we saw at e3 trailers

fuck you!

No

Dark Souls 2 literally has the worst bosses in the entire series

Yeah but his sister whom he's porking on a weekly basis is hot so the Karma mechanic is a bit spotty.

>he lied about the quality of the ds1 sequel
>his wife lied to him about the quality of his daughter's sequel
Like pottery

Let's not get too hasty here.

>1 boss is bad out of like 20
Pathetic.

>One

Who cares, both games are vastly inferior to the other 3.

Honestly, this.
Sequels were a mistake and spawned from Bando's greed.

Micolash is like one of the most original bosses in the franchise.

Fun "fight" and awesome dialogue.

Yeah just ignore Executioner's Chariot, Royal Rat Vanguard/Authority, Old Iron King, Nashandra, Lost Sinner, Duke's Dear Freja, Old Dragonslayer, Dragonrider, and Vendrick

>Yeah just ignore Executioner's Chariot, Royal Rat Vanguard/Authority, Old Iron King, Nashandra, Lost Sinner, Duke's Dear Freja, Old Dragonslayer, Dragonrider, and Vendrick

out of those only a few are gimmicks, unless you define gimmick as "it's a little different than your typical soulsborne boss"

what is a gimmick about sinner, iron king, nashandra, freja, dragonrider, or vendrick?
>you have to hit vendrick a few times before he becomes hostile
WOOOOW GIMMICK BOSS ALERT

Most of those aren't gimmicks. Yorm the giant with the single sword weapon art that could take him down is a gimmick, the big skeleton dude with the bracers and the poison fog so you only ever fight his head and arms is a gimmick.

A true gimmick boss is someone whose tough the first time, and then when you figure out one mechanic, they are never hard again.

Most of the bosses you list aren't like that.

Like Vendrick is stronger or weaker based on the giant souls you have, but he's still a straight fight. Executioner chariot has a gimmick portion, but then he's a straight fight in the second phase. Royal rat is a straight fight with lots of mobs, royal rat vanguard is just sort of tall. Old dragonslayer isn't a gimmick at all, he's just a boss from a previous game... where's the easy win there?

I still don't get how 2 ended up so bad. What were they trying to do? Was this just a King's Field sequel retooled into something completely different?

No

I can't stand this new "DaS2 is the best" meme. It's just one big bandwagon, and it's getting embarrassing seeing people put it at the top of their game rankings. It's so hilariously bad to anybody who isn't lying to themselves.

Replaying it now
I'm lost in immersion, i love it so much
So many secrets I didn't saw the first time until now. There's nothing interesting to do in DaS3 after finishing it.

Some of those aren't gimmicks and others don't even deserve to be called bosses desu
>Nashandra
>Vendrick
>Dragonrider

I think that just like how people only stuck with 2 out of stockholm syndrome, people who got disappointed by 3 cling to 2 as a fuck you, fully aware it's garbage. Or it's all just shitposting.

Scholar of the First Sin is worse than base DS2 with DLC

I like how DaS2 apologists only respond to criticism with

>b-but DaS3!

As if to suggest that DaS3's mediocrity somehow invalidates all of DaS2's many embarrassing flaws.

DaS3 has the most gimmick bosses of any game in the series.

Rat Authority is a shitty boss, but it's not a gimmick like Ancient Wyvern, Yhorm, 1st Phase Nameless King, and Wolnir were.