I never picked up this series until now and I'm generally having fun...

I never picked up this series until now and I'm generally having fun. I finished the first one and I'm playing through extraction point and have perseus mandate ahead of me.
Are F.E.A.R. 2 and 3 worth getting?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13856250
youtube.com/watch?v=jZI29EpPsTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2 > 1 > 3

People are split on 2 (mainly because of the story), but it's still a great game.

>2 > 1
End yourself.

Does it have the same punchy gun mechanics? I really dig the shotgun and explosives so far.

Fear 1 and 2 are good, both made by Monolith, the 3rd one sucks.

It's pretty much the same. the big differences with the games are the level design.

1 > 3 >>> 2.

OP, don't listen to this guy.

this, don't bother with 3, OP

combat has less weight in 2

How the fuck do you think 3 is good, let alone better than 2?

How the fuck do you think 2 is good, let alone better than 3?

What the fuck?

I feel like the first one tried the hardest to balance the horror and gameplay.

2 had some good moments, but overall I think it and 3 basically devolved into standard shoot-em-ups with some scary cutscenes.

@389197613
>3

not even gonna give (You) the pleasure

2 apologists need to leave.

(You)

nah, 2 did the horror element better (imo) but watered down the combat and doesn't have the first games barebones 'go and kick some ass' charm or the nice touches of exposition (like the phone messages)

i still like 2 though and i don't consider it a total loss of form like some people

the series followed the same trajectory as Dead Space in a lot of ways

Sounds like Extraction Point. It has some neat combat sections but it seems there's always a spoopy scene in between them every time. Also the lighting isn't as well implemented as in the base game.

2 had a really awful story, a new and different protagonist, and just felt useless and tacked on as an entry into the franchise. Even the expansions felt more fleshed out then it.

2>1
The pistol was fucking garbage and the shotgun sounded awful

fuck that game

You can get the whole series for $4.99 on Bundle Stars. That includes the original F.E.A.R. and both its expansions (Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate), F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (and the Reborn DLC), and F.E.A.R. 3.

I realize that you already have the original F.E.A.R., but if you want to buy all of the sequels, you'd still save money by getting the entire collection from Bundle Stars. On the Steam store, F.E.A.R. 3 alone has never gone below $4.99 (according to steamdb.info).

To people who are interested only in the original F.E.A.R., I usually recommend buying it directly from Steam, because it sometimes gets discounted to $2.49. However, that hasn't happened since March of this year; it was $9.99 (full price) throughout the summer sale. If Steam is done offering decent discounts for the original F.E.A.R., then there's no reason not to get it from Bundle Stars instead.

meant to put a > arrow at the start

>2>1
>shotgun sounded awful
You are the man with the second worst taste in this thread, congrats.

See this I meant to write
>2>1

2 is fucking trash because the shotgun sounded awful and the pistol was garbage

I really want a FEAR 1 remake. No one needs to touch the physics or anything like that even 12 years later I'm still blown away by the original's use of particle effects, dust, and lighting. I just want to see it get a nice makeover. I'd even pay $40 for it.

I'm old enough to remember when the specs for FEAR 1's system requirements were announced and people were losing their shit over its minimum and recommended RAM capacity to run it. This was the Crysis before Crysis. Hell some of my favorite online multiplayer experiences on PC was 1's demo MP and just running around drop or slide kicking people or going kamikaze mode with a live grenade.

I got the original and both expansions from GOG for ~5.50. I don't regret the purchase but might look into that. People don't really seem to like 2 and 3.
I don't think it needs a remake at all, the graphics still look nice due to a strong art direction. Maybe the textures do need some sprucing up but the constant contrast between light and dark makes them less noticeable.

The only way I would buy a remake of FEAR is if they added a new section solely dedicated to being able to kill this guy.

Doesn't he die anyway?

Yes, but you didn't have anything to do with it and he helps you before he dies. I was angry that they robbed me of the satisfaction of shooting him up.

One is the best horror experience combined with shooting

2 is just blander but still fun, just not as scary.

3 is a fun coop game but shits all over the horror aspects. Story is convoluted and not good.

Ironically, even though it's a condole game, FEAR 2 does not have native controller support

Quick! give me Alma lewd requests to sketch before work.

>3 is a fun coop game but shits all over the horror aspects.
Seconded, it's fun enough with a friend if you get it in a bundle, even if you liked 2 and 1, but not worth $2 alone and not horror or F.E.A.R.-y.

Alma mating press

FEAR is one of my favourite FPS games, FEAR 2 is alright, only play 3 if you have a bud.
This sounds kinda hot, but pretty fucked up at the same time. Are we talking about kid Alma or naked Alma?

Mandate is my favorite. I liked 2 but once you play 3...the horror just ind of vanishes learning the "twist".

What kind of monster plays shooters with a controller? I'm disappointed in you.

Some of the best AI ever put into a video game. In 1 anyways. I don't remember 2 as much, and I never played 3.

Naked alma.

>Are we talking about kid Alma or naked Alma?

strawpoll.me/13856250

Yeah, I read an article about how it doesn't use scripts, but improvises on its own. That's what prompted me to buy the bundle. I guess it's not very evident while playing it because of the levels, but they do seem hellbent on flanking you.

Almost correct but you fucked up the arrows

1 >>>> 3 > 2

1 = Extraction Point > Other expension

1 > 2
All other games in that time line are not canon

youtube.com/watch?v=jZI29EpPsTI

No, 2 is more cowadoody and much more static.

1 > 2 > 3

Dumb Drumth

Truth

>(I want to die mode)
Fucking kek thanks user, you made my day.

Kid Alma made me shit me pants
Naked Alma made me dick erect

The game has aged well but its still *aging* being over 12 years old, coming this October. It could use some shader and retexturing, you have to wiggle around with the config files to do above 1080p iirc, and what not.

which expansion of the two, perseus mandate and extraction point do you think did the best on its own?

2 is okay but not as good. Forget about 3.

1's combat is built all about small squads of dangerous enemies in cramped areas. 2 and 3 are more like call of duty with lots of weaker enemies in more open areas.

1 is great, 2 is pretty good as well - would definitely play both. 3 is where they had too much money and overthought things and it's not really FEAR anymore. Also the expansions for FEAR 1 are pretty tedious and not worth the time imo

Naked Alma all the way, I think I was 15 when I first played FEAR 2 and when I saw naked Alma after finishing the game I went and googled screencaps of it and fapped to it. Feel free to judge me

2 is actually a decent game as well and totally worth playing on the PC, 3 should be skipped entirely.