What do you think of the Switch?

What do you think of the Switch?

I had a chance to mess with one recently, played some BotW and Mario Kart, honestly was pretty impressed to play console level games portably

I also like how there's a stronger emphasis for 60fps on average, like in MK and Pokken.

Felt a bit cheaply made though, the plastic felt really cheap compared to previous handhelds and not having a glass screen in 2017 feels dumb.

I think I'll get one later, hopefully the eventual revision uses better materials though.

Good thing they didn't add a handle to it, that would've been stupid.

Like the Gamecube?

Cases have handles so a system handle isn't needed.

I'll like the current Switch was made as cheaply as possible in case it bombed as hard as the Wii U, so it would be easy to cancel and wipe up.

If Nintendo can keep it relevant, a 2019 Switch revision should be quite a step up in quality.

Yeah. That chair looks like a handle in the thumbnail.

>and not having a glass screen in 2017 feels dumb.
Glass screens break much more easily, the Switch seems to be made to be durable judging by the videos dropping it from 100ft.

Bought one back in July, so far I love it. Mostly only play BotW or Splatoon on it, but I am looking forward to a few upcoming releases.

Needs more games, I'm disappointed by it not having a madden game. It's gettinga fifa, so at least that might appeal to me, but really broken up about the lack of madden.

nobody really buys a Nintendo console for Madden to be fair

Every handheld plays console games portably if you set your standards back, which is why this isn't actually impressive to me anymore.

I've played console level games on a handheld since 2004, and it's always the same deal, gotta jump back about a generation in power.

>Glass screens break much more easily,
If you use shitty window pane glass yeah.

But Gorrilla glass which has been used for 5+ years in phones can be literally smacked to death with keys and not even get a microscratch while surviving large drops.

I can play PC games on my iPad via Moonlight. I wasn't impressed when the Switch launched and am still astounded people are impressed, which leads me to believe that Nintendo fans are in fact, not PC idorts like they claim to be.

no faggots just roleplay that switch sucks and is trash to please the falseflaggers and shitposters

I like it. Coming off the Wii U, the UI is snappy as fuck and makes pick-up-and-play sessions wonderful. The battery life is surprisingly good (so far), I can get my fill of 10-15 online Splatoon turf wars on full brightness with 50%+ charge remaining, then plop it into the dock. The joycons are comfy to just lounge across your stomach and play while relaxing, though HD rumble and that IR thing are pointless right now.

Game-wise it'll have SMT, FE, NMH, a barrage of indie shit ranging from meh to amazing, Mario Odyssey, Kirby, Yoshi, Xenoblade, whatever Platinum's teasing and Metroid Fucking Prime in a few years. Just gotta get a confirmation of Animal Crossing and I'll be set.

>which leads me to believe that Nintendo fans are in fact, not PC idorts like they claim to be.
Considering they still think BoTW is some kind of revolutionary title when it's worse and emptier than open world games on PC from the mid 00s, definitely.

>Play snes games on my gba
>Play ps1 and some games above ps1 on my psp
>Play n64 games on my ds
>Play PS2, some ps3 games, and stuff above ps2 on my vita
>Play some ps2 games on my 3ds
>Play last gen hardware power games on the switch
Yeah, that pretty much matches up with the pattern. It's kinda weird that people are only now starting to act like this hasn't been a thing with handhelds always.

I've been wanting to try this for a while but kept forgetting to. Is Moonlight free?

Madden on the go seems awesome though. I only ever buy them used because I don't think it's worth full priced, but being able to play on the go is super appealing to me.

It's free, if it wasn't I'm pretty sure Nvidia would fuck them up the ass considering it rips the Shield's streaming tech.

My right joycon pops out without the button.

Can I send it back and get a new one?

Yeah they're used in phones that cost nearly twice as much as the switch. People forget how much their phones cost when they pay for their 700 dollar phone over the course of a year.

Moonlight is Nvidia only, and AMD solutions are meh.

Not everyone uses Nvidia.

The iPhone 7 costs about $180 to manufacturer, gorrilla class would add maybe $1-2 to the building process per device.

I was basically going to impulse buy one on launch but it was sold out everywhere. Now I'm glad I didn't. MH was the main reason I was going to get one and now that MHW is on other PS4 & PC I don't really have a reason to get a switch. Also Mario Odyssey doesn't look very interesting from the gameplay videos I've seen.

Probably, contact support. Nintendo's pretty good about that stuff.

>shit at emulation
>can't stream
>lackluster driver support
>no cool tech like Ansel
>complains about optimisation in Steam communities are 70% of the time AMDfags

Why do people go AMD again? Just to save like $50?

I would honestly prefer a plastic screen with glass protector.

>>shit at emulation
Your gpu is like the least important thing for emulation. How do you not know this?

AMD has better DX12.

AMD is shit now though, Miners made them more expensive than Nvidia,

because these are the real normies
they dont care about the switch doing anything remotely new or innovative
it's shiny new tech, gotta buy it!

just like I gotta buy my new mini NES!
just like I gotta buy my new mini SNES!

vomit

>He doesn't re-render with gobs of AA
All GPU based.

because nvidia is anti-consumer

These are all multi-million corporations. They're all fucking anti-consumer, choosing to go for an inferior product because you believe the companies and their executive board value you as a consumer is the stupidest fucking thing you can do. AMD Pajeets are laughing at you.

You can run dolphin with AA at several times native res with a garbage 9 year old amd gpu.

>because nvidia is anti-consumer
Every single corporation is anticonsumer, the OS you're using right now is very probably anticonsumer as well, let's not talk about the food you're eating or the clothes you're wearing.

What about RPCS3? CEMU? Citra?

Your fuckancient emu is not a good example.

The pro controller is nice, but the clickiness of the buttons and triggers on the joycons feel better. The joycons are way too small with a shitty stick placement, however.
The console's UI is arguably too barebones. There's literally nothing to do on it but play games when they could have marketed it as a tablet alternative.

Also, no d-pad.

Cemu works with AMD, and RPCS3, Citra, and Cemu are still very very very rough emulators overall.

Really what you should have said was AMD is garbage for a handful of emulators that are new and need shit tons of work before they can be considered full quality emulators.

>10ft drop test
>screen shatters into a million pieces

I'll take the plastic screen that survives two story drops. I'm tired of dealing with broken screens.

>inb4 hurr durr don't drop things

I carry my phone with me 16 hours a day as it's also my work line. Drops happen faggot.

>AMD is garbage for emulation.
>It works fine with like 99% of emulators out there.
>BUT NOT THESE ONES!

hahaha

Marketing it as a tablet alternative would be the road to failure. There's no way Nintendo could compete with companies like Apple on that front. It needs the image of a distinct, gaming-dedicated device.

I never said anything anti AMD, I said emulation DOES BENEFIT FROM A MODERN GPU.

If you want bells and whistles, you want more than just a good CPU.

My opinion is why is it bigger, has more problems, and runs worse then a vita? And why does it have no games and one of the worst controllers ever?

Can you buy a Switch in that color with the Super Famicom colored buttons?

>>shit at emulation

This is what was said that prompted all of my replies to this.

No, those are 3DS buttons.

Gorilla Glass survives 5 foot drops onto cement.

>runs worse then a vita

user you shouldn't lie like that.

Damn. Will wait until Nintendo releases one like that then.

It's not very good for what I want. I went back to playing my Vita almost immediately. None of the games on Switch are very interesting.

Yes, people sell shells and buttons to install on Alibaba

But he's right. However, the hardware isn't the reason why. Just shitty optimization.

I like it but I wish it used the Tegra 2 for the extra processing power.

I bet in 2-3 years we Get Switch Pro that has Tegra 3 and compared with original Xbone.

where can I buy these joy cons?

I'll probably get the Switch lite or whatever the second edition is after it's got mario, metroid prime, and animal crossing. There aren't really any games that I want to play for it right now or in the near future, because I played zelda on wii u.

I would buy one for monster hunter 5, but Now I'm gonna get it for ps4 or pc instead.