Why doesnt this game have an autosave feature

Why doesnt this game have an autosave feature.
>WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD
No, that's not an answer. In a market where autosaves have been a feature for well over a decade, that's not a good enough answer.
Consoles themselves have been designed to jump from game to game with ease, BECAUSE autosaving features are an industry standard.

What's the meaning of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlLhw1mtCFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

>being a save scumming faggot

That doesn't even make sense. I'd much rather the game autosave and make my choices permanent because at least then something would be saved.
Do you know how frustrating it is to be fully invested into a game, only to lose 6 hours of progress?

They didn't put it in. That's the long and short of it

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

the game has an auto save feature after the YorHa HQ blows up and you have no way to manually upload your data I think. Also the game autosaves in between boss battles if you die.

>being underaged

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

Underrated.

so you don't get stuck. same reason many games don't have autosaves. you may also not want the game saving over something without your permission. rpgs still commonly do this. say you slaughter someone you didn't mean to, then the game autosaves over your only save. not fun.

It's literally impossible to die in this game even on hard difficulty, since nothing is able to one-shot you and you can just spam healing items.

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD
you are a fucking idiot OP

youtube.com/watch?v=nlLhw1mtCFA

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

This.
Gameplay wise this game is literally FFXV-tier, right down to the invisible barriers in the world.

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

>Why doesnt this game have an autosave feature.
to make it really hit you how much things suck for the characters when you lose access to the resurrection closets

This has nothing to do with dying in game. If my PS4 decides to restart for an update, or I open up a different game without remembering to make a hardware, I've just potentially lost hours of game time.

>Do you know how frustrating it is to be fully invested into a game, only to lose 6 hours of progress?

wut? if you die you just respawn at the last vending machine you accessed. From there you just have to re-collect your stuff.

>>WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

let me guess, you ate a Mackerel despite the game telling you it was dangerous and you didn't save?

Have you thought about saving manually, especially after learning the game doesn't autosave?

Automata is objectively worse in almost every regard compared to Nier when looking at it from a casuals perspective

>arguably more difficult combat wise if you're fucking retarded
>gameplay lacks visceral feel while fighting, robots do not make for interesting opponents
>game demands you to play through roughly 30% of your entire playthrough twice to get the feeling of a "full experience" (ending b playthrough consists 90% of what is done in A)
>ending A is actually really boring and the previous point makes that even harder to stomach

I can probably list some more but it's a curious thing to see how Automata gets critical acclaim whilst the OG Nier has all the makings of a casual friendly "experience"-game and flies under the radar completely
I bet it would be far more popular if they released a remake where you could choose between papa and brother

I unironically liked the original Nier better in almost every way, Weiss' abilities felt way better than the pod programs.

>when looking at it from a casuals perspective
What a worthless perspective.

Sure, I'm the one who fucked up, even though the game made it aware.
It's just a fucking inconvenience.
It's a problem that could be easily remedied with an autosave feature.

I personally dislike autosave immensely.
I prefer to have absolute control over where I save and where I don't.

The other games in this series never had autosave either, I don't know what you were expecting

Good job, you took a picture of the thing.

Nier wasn't meant for the hardcore elitist action gamers though, it was an adventure through and through, providing minimal challenge to keep the brain stimulated between story segments

In this case the perspective is far more valuable

Just fucking save you plebian.

>Automata is objectively worse in almost every regard compared to Nier when looking at it from a casuals perspective

FUCK NO it's not. Please, go play NieR again. Your nostalgia is crippling you. NieR is tedious in so many ways it's ridiculous.

>robots do not make for interesting opponents
>game demands you to play through roughly 30% of your entire playthrough twice to get the feeling of a "full experience" (ending b playthrough consists 90% of what is done in A)
>ending A is actually really boring and the previous point makes that even harder to stomach

I take that back, go PLAY NieR, because you clearly haven't yet.

But instead of whining about it on Sup Forums you could have instead used that time to create a couple hundred manual savestates.

It's part of the story/theme you simpleton.

>implying a casual would play the game more then once
Again a worthless perspective.

le millenom girl

>nier autoundertale

>Automata is objectively worse in almost every regard compared to Nier

lol

Best NPC coming through

>Nier wasn't meant for the hardcore elitist action gamers though, it was an adventure through and through, providing minimal challenge to keep the brain stimulated between story segments
No wonder it was shit.

>reading comprehension

As stated in your post also, I was referring to the casual video game consumer perspective

The first playthrough, the first ending if you will is far more enjoyable and "full" than ending A in Automata

That's my point though, why would I play a game more than once when I have to work and other more important things to do

NieR provides a satisfying conclusion with its first ending whilst Automata struggles to keep my attention after being told, keep playing! at the credits screen

Taro's a hack.

>Also the game autosaves in between boss battles if you die.
You have to do the tower sequence from when A2 takes off on the flying platform up to the last Shi fight straight through.

Even if we're exclusively talking about the first playthrough NieR is still more tedious. Again, go play it. Don't just watch a Let's Play and pretend you know shit.

>other more important things to do
...like wasting your time in an anonymous imageboard?
The very first time you post here the whole "my time" argument goes straight out the window.

Tedium lies in the eyes of the beholder
I find NieR to mix up the limited gameplay it has well with the environments presented
The entire underground facility section played as more of an aRPG/twin stick shooter was far more interesting than flying the robot suit in Automata
Every area had an incredibly catchy tune to keep you interested even a bit
There was always a big boss fight at the end of the "stage" which felt rewarding on its own due to the epic nature of it all
The gradual increase in despair and the rising intensity of the situation make for a great first playthrough and the last 2 hours are stellar

There are some areas that repeat multiple times and there is backtracking but it is servicable thanks to interesting cutscenes and the ongoing feeling of "What's next?"

Again, I wasn't arguing my perspective but rather the one of a casual video game consumer

>Why doesnt this game have an autosave feature
It's part of the plot. This was explained in-game VERY clearly. You must be retarded.

And no, Taro doesn't care if any of his ideas negatively affect gameplay or the player experience, that's the last thing he cares about. You're probably a newfag that bought the game because of 2E's ass so you learned your lesson now at least.

>In a market where autosaves have been a feature for well over a deca-
Holy shit no one cares. Taro is the ultimate edgy contrarian. Go play the first Drakengard if you think Nier Automata needs QoL changes

>What's the meaning of it?
No meaning at all. He probably drank a beer one day and thought "Hmmm wouldn't it be frustrating if there wasn't an auto-save?" and then made up a reason for it (in this case the Androids can only upload their brain/memories within close proximity of terminals, otherwise the upload would be too slow - which is explained and SHOWN like 5 times during the first 30 minutes of the game)

>if my PS4 decides to restart for an update
>while you're playing a game
Are you retarded?

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

WOOOOW GIT GUD OH MY GOD

>underage
Why the fuck aren't you playing video games RIGHT NOW?

>What is Very Hard mode

>What's the meaning of it?
saving is backing up their memory
they don't back up constantly

>very hard mode
Who even cares about this SHIT when you could literally buy all achievments with ingame currency?

>people are mad if the achievements are hard
>people are also mad if they can simply cheat the achievement

Literally git gud

Do you also want save spots in the prologue huh normiefaggot

>expecting logic from weebs who flock around a fapbait game

It's always these jap ports that constantly crash that always have these punishing deaths. Same problem with dark souls. If you're not going to put auto saves in your game at least make fucking sure the shit doesn't crash.

if you didn't tear up at least once during route c you have no soul

to be fair, this game is super easy

why are anime posters not banned yet?

in the meantime do us a favor and kill yourself.

Just save your game manually dumbass, you're able to save in like 3/4 of the map once you've activated all of the terminals. It's the first option in the pause menu for a reason.

2b is too pure for this rotten world

The game crashes without a fan made patch. Autosaves would probably get corrupted thanks to stupid nip coding

>the casual filter catches another retard

the only hard part of the game is the beginnings and the flight section if you're not prepared