BOI

BOI

yet another reminder why you should never ever trust "professional" gaming journalists and reviews

>I could have played a co-op game with another person, and that would have been a good idea as a newbie. But I went straight into it, even after a PR person told me he couldn’t finish a level.

dude.....this is dark souls....

Sup Forums is a pro-japanese board, chump. Delete this thread.

Guys actually mentally retarded.

Don't forget that bit about 'jumping on enemies to kill them like in mario'

I like how in the video he continues to keep doing it after failing the first time.

>super meat boy having more emphasis on story

what the actual fuck is this like holy shit I cannot believe this person

>most places of employment require X years of experience with Y qualifications in the field
>this guy got in with ZERO

Makes no sense even as a troll.

please have human kindness

>Asian
>can't into video games

They probably just shoved him with the video games even though he doesn't play them. At least that's what I'd like to believe.

That begs the question why he is at Polygon. What is his role there? Does it mean there one person playing the game then relaying his review to another writer?

Is there a possibility that this is some numarketing strategy? Like "have this guy be complete shit at games so a lot of people share his failure, thus spreading the word of our game"

He's not at polygon retard. It's VentureBeat.

>Cuphead is a run-and-gun action platformer with hand-drawn art that is inspired by animations from the 1930s. It was inspired by the subversive art of Fleischer Studios, Disney, and others. While Cuphead may remind you of the cup character in Beauty and the Beast, it actually was inspired by a 1936 Japanese propaganda film where a man with a teacup head turns into a tank.
he writes almost as poorly as he plays
god damn

I think you're misreading it, the highlighted part in the image is saying that Super Meat Boy had more gamplay emphasis over story

That is some uninspired "reporting".

zing

you're actually more retarded than the journalist

I'm more inclined to use Occam's razor here, my man.

A retarded video game journalist working at some shitty irrelevant game journalism site genuinely sucking complete ass at a game is more believable than some reverse psychology tactics.

VentureBeat doesn't sound like a primarily video game focused website. Though I'm too lazy to verify it for myself. If it isn't then this isn't "gaming" journalism.

I want to put on a giant spiked boot and stomp on that nep til it neps it's final nep

Stop making this thread you fucking retard.

thanks for the link, dean.

NEPU!

I meant to say cuphead instead of super meat boy.

>the video has gone up over 20,000 views since a few hours ago
>you posted one of the original threads about it

Can't wait for Polygon, Kotaku, etc to ride this wave to shit out more "GAMES NEED TO BE ACCESSIBLE TO RETARDS" and "GAMES NEED STORY ONLY MODES" articles to push their agenda. Fuck everything.

Saved from the last thread.

Basically
>Games should cater to retards
>I shouldn't have to practice or git gud

Miyamoto was right. Most normies probably have this similar mindset that they do not want to challenge themselves.

If his comments and remarks mean anything they'll be saying more stuff like "GAMES DON'T APPEAL TO NONGAMERS ENOUGH NOW" and "PEOPLE NEED TO BE MORE NICE" or something while playing the victim card.

I'm anticipating another GamerGate on the horizon. Not from just this, of course, but the volcano's been having a lot of activity for the past couple of months.

reminder that journalism is inherently shit and that it's an outgrowth and bedmate of democracy which is also inherently shit for as long as statistical and biological laws apply

Between retarded casuals like this, graphicswhores, and mobileshit, it's no wonder why the modern industry is so garbage. These are the people who don't care about cash shops being pushed into basically every multiplayer game now.

Journalism is actually a victim of capitalism. He who has the money gets to print the truth for the masses.

TV also hurt journalism by making the news nothing but clickbait.

Also the majority of journalists don't seem to care about research or topics and just parrot what other organizations write about.

this is probably going to be one of those games where 90% of players see less then 5% of the content due to the difficulty or giving up

>I didn’t realize for quite a long time that you don’t accomplish anything by jumping on top of an enemy, like in the Mario games. Rather, you lose a life. It took me a reminder as well that you can change the type of shot.
How is this man a reviewer of games? It took you quite a while to learn that you die when you jump on people? I understand trying that once, MAYBE twice, but a while?

No, journalism is a victim of CIA takeover, decades-long Soviet infiltration and subversion, and the limpwristed tyranny of liberalism, virtue-signalling, and political correctness.

journalism has been shit since before the USA existed

Any proof to back up that statement, Mr. Vampire?

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU!

>The developers are going to leave a lot of players worse than me behind.

Holy fuck dont flatter yourself too much Dean-y boy

I'd honestly be mildly impressed if someone managed to be unintentionally worse than this motor-impaired retard

journalism encrusted itself into being around the 1600's
the other part of the statement is self-evident

But it at least pretended not to be shit. That's the difference.

No see the main problem here Dean is that you're trying to showcase the game but it is hard to view what the game has to offer through this showcase when you put a monkey behind the controller and all people see is the character jumping up and down for 10 goddamn minutes

Tell me about journalism in communist russia good friend

Or north korea

>Scalebound died for this.

What the fuck are you talking about

>Journalism is actually a victim of capitalism. He who has the money gets to print the truth for the masses.
Even more is that it's a victim of maximum circulation, which is trying to get your writing to land in as many brains as possible. Capitalism is a victim, too. Since the sick and idiotic outnumber the fairer outcomes among humans, the writing naturally holds a mirror up to idiot-reality (which is often based on resentful finger-pointing, which is what every "big story" in the news ends up being as well). Even a little movement across the masses is a massive opportunity to siphon a load of capital.

Print the "truth" or whatever, it won't matter because it'll only mean something to people who are a couple steps away from it already. With everyone else, they will fixate on the fragment that relates to the warped

>warped
... way they imagine reality

whoops, prematurely posted

NEPPU
SHIPPU
CYBUSTER

it's polygon's playthrough of doom all over again. he should start a channel for being so shitty.

NEPU!

you can also consider the sort of person who becomes a journalist
to get a good analysis of a situation, would you rather rely on an expert, or on a spastic tattle-tale running from one non-event to the next with frantic haste just so he can tell "everyone" "what's really going on in the world"?