Apparently, Tyranny got an expansion and a new ending where you get to stay loyal to Kyros

Apparently, Tyranny got an expansion and a new ending where you get to stay loyal to Kyros.
What is Obsidian thinking? Does anyone care enough about this game to play through it once again?

>Bastard’s Wound will arrive alongside a free update to Tyranny, including new voice-acting, expanded content in the game’s third act, and an all-new path to an unseen ending. What fate awaits those who remain truly loyal to Kyros?

I forgot this game even existed

I really liked Tyranny. Not sure what everyone else's problem with it is.

And apparently the new ending is
>Joke's on you, I've been loyal to Kyros all along!
>Oh, okay then. Pack up lads, no war today.

i tried really hard to force myself through it but i lost interest all the same.
it's shit

This. I thought the premis was super fun, I like combat based crpgs, and I found the arcs to be pretty good. It's in my top 5 of the decade. Which isnt really saying much, considering how much dogshit has been released recently.

wait, wat
does Kyros just go
>oh okay, carry on then
when he learns you don't mean to go to war against him?

Yep.

I finished it but it dindn't leave a lasting impression.

Apart from Kyros, the setting doesn't offer anything new and you never learn anything about him.
The whole
>mass belief = magic
thing is nothing new and even PoE did it.
Combat is plain forgettable.
You can really tell that whoever wrote the companions tried real hard to emulate MCA's special snowflake characters but what worked for Chris-chan feels forced and ultimately uninteresting here.
Nothing is explained about those towers or the monsters in them, they're just there. Even your historian companion didn't seem to wonder where they came from.

I don't get why they bother with fixing that clusterfuck of a non-ending, I was mad at the time but I've already forgotten about it.

RTWP has always been garbage and the third act was barely even there.
That said, I liked it.

>Kyros
>him

Will there be more dlc?

kyros is going to literally be revealed as player character after time shenanigans
If he isnt he then you are a tranny-wannabe

yes, we know, it's, there have been several kyroses and the current one is a girl

>4 man party
Piss me off desu

Tunon says 'she' and he doesn't lie.

I can understand people getting upset that the game ended right at the climax, but honestly it kind of had to. Can you imagine how long the game would be if they actually fleshed out a war against Kyros with different paths like the rest of the game? It would be insanely long assuming they didn't make it tiny and cram it into a single act.

And when you press him on it he says that Kyros is not a she, but he likes to call it that.

I liked it, pirating made the abrupt ending a lot easier to swallow since I didn't pay a dime for it

yeah well, the way it is, it's so short and so uninterested in solving the "mysteries" they put in the game it feels like they were going for an episodic model

user, they wrote the story, it wasn't sent to them in a prophetic dream with the command to deliver it to the masses as is. It was their choice to write a story that ended in a retarded, unsatisfying way.

I like Tyranny but I was under impression entire point was that Kyros was plotting all parties to weaken each other so she could wipe them out with minimal resistance?

Will Paradox shit Tyranny up with their DLC policy?

>Tunon's face when he sees my eDICT

He sent two of his problem generals to the same place intending to kill them both but you fucked up his plans.

The sacrificed length for replayability, but it fucked up because they sacrificed too much.
Yeah, you're right. It still would've been torn to pieces, but I wish they at least brought conquest mode back up for a tiny sliver of gameplay for warring against Kyros.

>tunon's face when he declares me innocent

They could always genre shift into an empire sim model. They already genre shifted with the prologue->main story.

>genre shifted with the prologue->main story
how do you mean
just because they added a base building mechanic it's still the same game

>2D graphics from 20 years ago
>enter a building with only one exit
>2 min loading time
>exit the building
>3 min loading time

this game is horribly unoptimized

i like rpgs and this one was fairly ok, but i couldn't stand those stupidly long loading times

Correct. Kyros is a good boy who dindu nuffin. Once the world is conquered there is no more war and everyone is happy.

>good boy
good girl

I was ready for a throwdown and then he goes all groupie on me. He seemed just as surprised as me

it's all those eDICTs you've been throwing around

Just like the tiers are a matriarchy and all the best fighters are women, Obsidian has created a utopia.

>throwing edicts and that resistance leader off your tower
was the only thing that felt satisfying to be honest. The ending felt..fucked. But throwing that final edict at the capital was really really good. That's about the only thing I enjoyed from the game apart from letting you use spear+shield.

>it's not gay if I call it a girl!

this enrages me to no end

i actually liked the visuals on this and PoE, but there's no excuse for the fucking loading screens, all map changes should be instantaneous
other Unity games manage to handle a lot more assets in 3D without a single loading screen past loading your game

>Implying women aren't 90% of the characters in Tyranny
Stand aside shitlord, RPGs have a new primary demographic.

I guess that's how you meet deadlines. By erasing optimization from your vocabulary.

You can also brutally murder them. Your point being?

not him but the game just fucking bombards you with
>lol men are weak
lones all the time

doesn't matter since I can play a man and fuck all of them

It's just annoying to have to wade through so much of this this naked political propaganda in popular media these days.

>You can kill all strong women in the game with no repercussions
>One of them even gets so scared of you that she offers to become your slave if you don't kill her
>naked political propaganda
Niggah you dumb as hell

The propaganda is that they are women, retard.
Having the occasional fighty woman is a fantasy trope, but they're always outnumbered by men 20:1 and even that is generous pandering added mostly to keep it from being a full-on sausage fest from beginning to end and to appeal to the occasional, extremely rare IRL who's feigning interest to get easy access to thirsty guys.
If you think having them as straight-up mooks is anything but agenda-pushing then I hope you've got good health insurance because the way your brain is "working" you're probably gonna need it.

>Having the occasional fighty woman is a fantasy trope
Do you know what's also a fantasy trope? having a lot of fighty woman

Is it really propaganda? And are you really wading through it? In the first act you get maybe 2 instances of blatant fem power, both in act 1: one of which you can tell to fuck off before she even talks, and the second you kill her and can enslave the entire town.

Outside of that I can't really think of any feminine aspects of the game- all the main characters are dudes, and everything else is killable. The SJW pandering a lot of people were complaining about in Tyranny is overblown.

Is the DLC up for pirating already, I kinda feel like making a second run

Not really.

actually it is

I had fun. I didn't even know not betraying Kyros wasn't originally an option, so I thought I was being sneaky as I played through on the Disfavoured path, then, after declaring that first Edict and killing the Voices of Nerat, telling Ashe he and Kyros could go fuck themselves, then skewering him with my electric daggers, and then Bleden Mark, and then Tunon.

>free update
>this garbage costs another 15 dollaridoos

Same. I thought it was a huge step up. My biggest gripe was that there was no loyal ending, and they finally fixed it. I probably will replay it.

> 15 dollars

They should be paying me for my time.