Stealth route gives you more XP and rewards than the lethal route

>stealth route gives you more XP and rewards than the lethal route

when will this meme end? I thought having the freedom of choice was encouraged in WRPGs

>crawling through vents gets you more xp than actually figuring out how to take out a warehouse full of enemies.

thinking man's shooter my ass

Well, if it's because you look for ways to get around the enemies, and in doing so find more items, crack more safes/hack more stuff, it makes sense.

I mean you probably would miss out on a lot if you just rushed through levels and killed everything, right ?

It's my main problem with nu-DX. That's why I went through 1/4 of a game like a pussy, got enough XP to level up everything I want and only then I played the way I wanted.
Dishonored had a similar problem. It's like "Dude, here's a bazillion tools for stylish and cool assassination of your enemies, do whatever you want. Oh, well, actually, don't do it. Play a game in the most boring way to get the good ending".
It's like those H-hames, where you get a good ending only if you haven't seen any h-scene throughout the game.

System Shock 1 is still the best immersive sim because it was designed around combat instead of just including it as a lazy afterthought.

Yeah, the original had a fair balance of XP for both routes.

I like the approach in PREY (2017), in that there's no XP for either route.
Stealth overall is better if you want to save on health and resources, but takes time. You can still do things like setting traps.
Lethal route, for if you want the area free of monsters and make backtracking less painful.

I just don't like the idea of respawning enemies.

But there is a choice
>stealth gives you more EXP so you sail through the game, accomodating pussies
>Shooting like a real man gives you actual challenge

You do have freedom of choice. Freedom of choice does not mean all choices are rewarded the same, that's part of what makes the choice important.

>Stealth route gives more XP
>Prefer stealth to action anyway

git gud, edgelord.

Did they make the same mistake with dishonored 2? I always Fucking hated that.

If you ware a Supoer powered soldier agent who can decimate professional swat or similar police teams single handed.
What would be more of a learning experience for you.

Killing a bunch of people or getting past them.

>stealth roure gives more exp
>action route gives you fucking magnum with explosive bullets so who needs the exp anyways
Also
>pick typhoon
>wipe whole room with one button
Also going full stealth early game fucks you up royally against the first boss

In real life its harder to just enter someone home while they are still there and steal shit and leaving unnoticed. Than using a silenced gun or stabling them while they sleep and then just taking what you want and leaving.

I never had a problem with any of the bosses (except for that octopus chick) in my full-stealth run, even before they made it easier in the Director's Cut.

The boss fights were bad because they were lame and scripted, not because they were too hard for stealth.

this, except for the boss part. The first boss is simply "pick barrels and throw at him to win".
Also this game is so shitty holy fucking god, worst boss fights i ever experienced. If you dont pick typhoon a single boss fight can take 20 minutes. If you pick it takes 20 seconds.

How much XP do you really lose out on with a full combat run? I've played the full game twice and went full silent mode both times and was thinking of playing it again but I really don't want to sneak around the whole time. Will I still have enough XP to upgrade about everything?

if you kill your enemies they win

you can always cheat engine your upgrade points, whatever they are called

new game +

Your point?
Fucking weeb and their incoherent blabber.