How does Sup Forums feel about the FakeFactory Cinematic Mod?

How does Sup Forums feel about the FakeFactory Cinematic Mod?

Inb4 three single word posts.

EYYY VORTYGAUNT IM WALKIN HERE, BADA BING BADA BOOM MISTUH FREEMAN

FERNS
E
R
N
S

WE?

BADA BING BADA BOOM ASHES

FULLY
MODELED
FERNS

FERNS
BRIDGES
GERMANY

Kawaii~

>when the creator got so butthurt he shut down the whole thing

Huh really?

TIGHT

you have the fuck!

>This project has gone non-public. I'm really tired of the braindead comments about optional HD models. Shall all the whiners create something better. CM has become a just-for-fun project again.

BADDA BING

> being this asshurt

On the slim chance that the cinematic mod's creator still browses Sup Forums and happens to be reading this thread: you are a faggot, my friend

the fucking ferns

Looks really good tho

This not so much

this somehow looks like the first level of MW2

I'll be real I genuinely liked the look of a lot of the maps. Though the fucking ferns and fully intact plane are just too much. I wish you could just port the maps to vanilla HL2, or even better, SMOD.

Where did the Citadel go? Where did the color go?

All you had to do was not pull this MUH ARTISTIC VISION crap and actually make UHD HL2

dr freeman i presume

WUZ?

I gave it a try few days ago, just finished Ravenholm.
The models for Alyx and other NPCs are optional, maps have much more details then before.
The ferns though. If I did not know about the memes, I would most likely not notice it until later in the game, but these really stand out. Its hard to see headcrabs in these plants.

Nobody can argue that this one doesn't look better.

BADDA BING

Aside from the FERNS and character models, is there anything actually wrong with Fakefactory?

Now post the webm. You know which one

Someone post the graffiti and the dildo

In some respects it does sure, but again, the lack of color and removal of the citadel, a major landmark and plot point, are perplexing. Good changes don't cancel out bad ones. Take this for example

> Removed color
> Added haze
> Copy + pasted the same three pieces of broken stone for artificial semblance of enhanced detail in the terrain

Apart from some improved textures, I'd say the original is superior in this case. Anyone who devotes this much time to remastering a game should be able to think more critically about colors and set design rather than putting emphasis on dazzling effects.

Not technically but thematically it just doesn't fit the world.

Oh yeah, the levels with the airboat have extreme ammount of reddit tier graffity, I almost forgot. That was quite surprising to see at least. And it destroyed the atmosphere of course.

holy shit what a faggot

A lot of it is hit or miss. I don't think there's anything in it that's bad per say, but mostly just makes you ask "Why?"

I love when this stuff happens, especially when the mod fucking sucks

>per say