Tfw you're in the next smash games

>tfw you're in the next smash games

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2015/06/16/solid-snake-joins-the-brawl-translation/
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/
gamesradar.com/i-made-up-a-smash-bros-clone-with-the-folks-behind-fallout-dishonored-and-prey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>random third party title is announced
>SMASH SMAAAASHHHH!!!!!
fucking stop, it's just a third party port it doesn't have to mean anything.

Even if he's not a playable character, he could be an assist. Or at least a trophy.

Doomguy was on N64

I know, the original doom was also on SNES. How is this relevant? It's still third party and doesn't warrant all these smash threads.

HOW ABOUT

>Trailer shows Doomguy confirmed for Smash
>Different costumes allow for other FPS marine guys like Master Chief, Blood Eagle, etc.
>Doomguy is the official face, but the character is FPSguy.

Is this from minime?

So was Cloud and Solid Snake

And Mega Man and Bayonetta

>Masterchief
>in a Nintendo game

nobody could predict either of those, they were a complete surprise
these at least made sense given they had exclusives on nintendo platforms beforehand.

What would his moveset be?

B: Shotgun Blast
B>: Rocket Launcher
B^: Vent Burst
BV: Siphon Grenade

Final Smash: Berserk Power

>shotgun

Not likely. Only guns getting in are plasma weapons

No realistic weapons would get in

Implied ripping and tearing as the smash

>Not BFG

If Cloud was able to get into Smash 4 despite FFVII never being released on a Nintendo system, then Doomguy can get into Smash 5.

I've wanted master chief in smash for years and I've never played halo

If his smash attacks aren't based on glory kills I'm setting Nintendo HQ on fire.

>We end up getting Dovahkiin, Rabbids, or Steve instead

But Snake threw around RPGs, grenade launchers, and C4 like it was nothing.

Rabbids (minions for nintenbros) are basically garunteed.

But he wasn't allowed to use actual firearms because of CERO
>Said plainly, Snake in Smash Bros. would have to be able to do things he couldn’t normally do. For example, in the Metal Gear Solid games, Snake doesn’t jump. He doesn’t have Smash attacks, and there are no midair battles. However, it wouldn’t be Smash Bros without those elements, so we developed certain moves just for him. Also, we could incorporate heavy weapons like bombs and rocket launchers as jokes, but things like knives, automatic weapons, and realistic guns were off-limits. Since this also affected the other characters, even though I decided on Snake myself, I needed to receive permission from their original creators.
sourcegaming.info/2015/06/16/solid-snake-joins-the-brawl-translation/

>his final smash is berserk mode

>snake
>sonic

I agree it won't happen, but you can't say there isn't a precedent.

So what weapons from Doom would be acceptable? Would the BFG be fine?

BFG would be fine

BFG, Plasma Rifle, possibly Chainsaw.

>FE people get swords
>Chainsaws are bad??

>Classic costume
>Doomguy's Damage Meter portrait is replaced with pic related and react to stuff like Doomguy getting hit, dealing damage, getting a Smash Ball, picking up an item, scoring a KO, etc

predicting his weapons

Remember, Cloud represents Final fantasy as a whole, which is why his smash logo is 'FF' and not the 7 Logo. Final fantasy as a whole has been on plenty of Nintendo systems, and Cloud himself has appeared in other games that have been on Nintendo consoles, like Theatrythm and shit. Plus Sakurai and Nomura are buds

>not having ssg being his main attack
>not having a rocket jump as down+b
I don't play smash but that's how I see it

he could have his nu-pistol from doom 4

Rockets and other explosives are allowed
Snake used his in Brawl

they cant show real guns besides laser and rocket launchers,

Didn't Sakurai and Nomura become buds recently?
I remember Sakurai and Nomura having an interview and Sakurai said he was nervous about discussing with Nomura about Cloud in Smash

Or if the bullets/guns are magic related/decorated in Bayonetta's case

Both Snake and Sonic have been on Nintendo systems before Smash you spastic

>Bezerk mode punches as main attack
>game starts by him opening the stock doom door with stock sound with a bezerk pack in front on a pedestal
>Has the rip and tear red text in top right when he picks it up

>Games coming to Nintendo Switch
Doom
Wolfenstein 2

>Games not coming to Nintendo Switch
Okami HD
Disney Afternoon

??????

BFG would be a final smash
SSG would probably be his side charged attacks

> he doesn't know.

Id software is making Prime4, expect doomguy in Smash.

They could change the shotguns into laser shotguns

Prime 4's being made by an internal team in Nintendo

>western publishers are more willing to put their games on multiple platforms
>especially when they support Xbox and PC already

>Japanese publishers will literally die if they so much as THINK about making games for platforms other than Sony's

The Japanese are highly "exclusive" publishers, that's why so many of the PS4's exclusives are Japanese games, despite Sony giving them absolutely nothing besides 100% userbase in Japan for their exclusive status.

So if Smash 5 still has promotional pictures, what would Doomguy's be?

Doomguy and Samus back to back fighting hordes of enemies like in this poster.

I presume something like the iconic cover, but with a family friendly gun and surrounded by smash fighters.

Other Japanese companies are bringing stuff to it, though. Capcom just seems like they were shit at realizing that jumping in on Switch is a good idea.

Make the hordes of enemies Space Pirates from Metroid, and there's great potential.

So has doomguy

>nobody could predict either of those
I predicted Cloud.

You guys are seriously fucked in the head if you honestly believe Doomguy will be playable in Smash before the Dragonborn.

Someone please recommend some WADs.

Well Sakurai does like Skyrim

Why not both? We still got two Capcom characters after all.

HAl labs isn't a third party.

Nerve.wad
if you havent hear its an official wad that was released with the BFG edition of D3, it somehow slipped under my radar, but its good

>SNES Doom port
>Doom 64
Spotted the underage

Shit, I forgot about that. I remember there being some sort of shitstorm on here about Fate whatever coming to the Switch, and people arguing it to be the best version.

That being said, it's still kind of gay that Disney Collection and Okami aren't going on the Switch, when you consider the Disney games are LITERALLY NES ROMs running in an embedded emulator, and Okami has had both games come to Nintendo systems.

Bethesda better put in one Metroid as a Cacodemon or they have failed Nintendo.

GBA had a Doom 2 port too

Has there ever been a rated E game with a chainsaw?

Throws are RIP AND TEAR moves

>B^

There's NO EXCUSE for portable Overwatch, now

Doomguy defined a genre like Ryu and Cloud, that's pretty much a guarantee.

>Sakurai: Yes (laughs). If you pull up a list of game designers born in 1970, there’s quite a few big names: Hideki Kamiya (Bayonetta), Fumito Ueda (ICO), Yoko Taro (NieR series), Jin Fujisawa and Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X), Chiyomaru Shikura (Steins;Gate), and the late Kenji Eno (D and others). Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well. As a generation, a lot of us were directly impacted by the dawn of the PC and the home gaming console. For me personally, it was the year 1986, when games like The Legend of Zelda and Castlevania were released, and I experienced physically interactive games. They had a big impact on me. What about you, Mr. Nomura?

sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

Metroid and Doom crossover would be interesting. They would have to find a middle ground between the 2 for the violence though.

>Special Attack: After I assured Doom director Marty Stratton that his character could have a weapon in this utterly derivative game we were making up, his response was immediate. "It would probably have to be something where he grabs the other player by the chest and pulls out the Super Shotgun and blows their head off. And a big fountain of blood comes out of the top of it." So Super Bethesda Bros. is going for an M-Rating, I asked? "We're Id, we don't do anything lower!"
>Alternate Outfit: "I would have to go with the classic bare midriff, no sleeves, leather gloves [Doomguy design from the original game]," Stratton said. Then we tossed around some ideas about why the Doomguy originally had an armor cutout over his tummy; Stratton said with a six-pack like that you pretty much have to, while I speculated that he was on his way to belly dance class when the demonic invasion broke out.

gamesradar.com/i-made-up-a-smash-bros-clone-with-the-folks-behind-fallout-dishonored-and-prey/

I'm next, r-right!?

BWAH

Maybe Sakurai will consider it.

No, I am!

>too late for the ballot

Would ID be for it?
Would they allow Doomguy to be in an E-E10 game?

Didn't stop Bayonetta.

And Snake.

I swear to god if his alternate skins are just re-colors of his praetor armor I'm going to fucking flip. I really hope if he even does get in the damn game he gets the quake arena skin

I mean, would ID want Doomguy in Smash?
Kojima and Kamiya gave Sakurai their blessing, would ID give theirs?

the siege cannon and rocket launcher would also probably be fine

Knowing how ID gave the Switch two of its games (one upcoming one, even) and their improving relationship with Nintendo, it's not too far off to them to take the offer.

Also, Doomguy's been in games that aren't M rated.

Final smash he cartoonishly eviscerates whoever he touches.

examples?

>tfw still haven't played nuDoom
Should I wait for the Switch version or just buy the PS4 version sometime? I was hoping the Switch version would have something cool like the ability to play as Samus for a level or having a Metroid-theme stage.

The excuse is Blizzard is shit at coding and have awful optimized games

The Switch version will be a hilarious joke and its the only reason to look forward to it

Final smash is obviously going to be a shot from the BFG, you can't have Doomguy rip out Mario's spine and wear it like a necktie in an E-10 game

But who else is Sakurai gonna pick to be the third party rep for the FPS genre? I mean Master Chief is unavailable so Doomguy is the next best choice.

Doom 1/2 GBA and THPS3 from the top of my head.

>This was among the first few Smash 4 parody images made

warning: extremely lewd

>Dovahkiin gets in instead
>Doomguy's just a Mii Gunner costume

>no SSG
heresy

>releases this Holiday
What are the odds of this not being just a straight forward port and having stuff like BotW in Skyrim?

too western for smash 3rd party, it'll be goku

>YFW next Splatfest is Doomguy vs BJ Blazcowitz

You try convincing CERO about it
Those guys are prudes

practically none

>he doenst know that the Internal team is Nintendo's codename for "we gave it to retro and id"