Just so we are clear now

Just so we are clear now
>the switch can run doom

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k038cik6uDw
youtu.be/9SGiI0_AA4o?t=162
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did you saw the footage. Looked like doom 3.

It's a well optimized engine, it can run on whatever crap with low enough settings.

>turn graphics down
>it can now run on low end hardware
Woooooow...

No, it can't. It can run d44m, tho.

>Turn graphics down so much on a 2016 game everyone already played so that it can run at 20 fps with drops on a system with no soteage space for full price
>game is barely recognizable

hmmmm

But can it run DOOM?

Only texture quality looks like it took a nose dive.

post it, it'll get you a fuckton of (you)s

Effects too.
It is looks like a mobile port.

youtube.com/watch?v=k038cik6uDw

Nah, it looks more handheld quality which is what the switch basically is.

Why do people give a shit about DOOM 30 years after it's initial release?

>nintendo

Oh... Never mind

Some textures are a bit off and flat, but still looks alright for what is basically a hand held port.

>Looks fine but autists will go full blown CIA and look at every pixel just to shitpost

my fucking gtx 750 ti can run doom.

>the walls around the skull

it looks like amazing spiderman vita

The multiplayer is a separate download if you buy the retail version. That and possible gyro aiming make me want to double dip really badly.

It looks alright honestly, if there was an option to turn up the FOV and I owned a switch I'd probably get it. Some of the textures seemed a bit simple, but it didn't look bad.

this looks like shit

My fucking quadro m1000m can run doom.

I don't think you remember Doom 3. The footage so far looks the same as the PS4 version. Some are saying the textures are lower but the video is compressed so there is no way to tell. I'm sure this is a lower rendering res which will lower texture res. No reason switch can't used high res textures other than storage space. For some reason Neogaf and the like erroneously believe textures need memory bandwidth. They don't. But other lighting effects do need it

Just like the original then. They ported that thing to everything.

Who the fuck cares what it looks like, there's no way in hell it's going over 30 fps.

>The footage so far looks the same as the PS4 version
It is not. Not at all.

>nintendofags are so desperate and cucked that they ejaculate over their system getting a 20 year old game

would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad and disgusting

In fairness I doubt many people play Doom for multi, though they might given the Switch's lack of multiplayer games.

I'm still amazed this even runs at all though, the game takes up a full 60gb on PC and can only run at 900p or so on Xbone. The fact that it can even run on a glorified Shield successor is incredible honestly.

Because it shows that the switch is getting third party support!

The wii u also got third party ports but that stopped when no one was buying them.!

Come on, man.

The moment it gets CFW it'll probably be the first thing they run on there.

>switch is getting third party support!
It is still all bethesda.

To be fair in 2017 that's actually an achievement. Optimization is becoming a lost art.

>Titanfall 2 dev says Switch can't run it
more like
>We're too lazy to port it over

>2016: NINTENDO IS DOOMED
>2017: NINTENDO HAS DOOM

Bait

>The footage so far looks the same as the PS4 version.
Not really, the difference between the Switch version and PS4 version is larger than the difference between the PS4 version and the PC version on max settings based on that video.

Better than nothing, I guess.

Titanfall 2 also runs on modified on a modified Source Engine, it should run at 720p at the least when Bluepoint games had the first game running on 360

it's not even 1 year old yet

>year old ports

yawn... call me when new third party games come day and date

>the difference between the Switch version and PS4 version is larger than the difference between the PS4 version and the PC version on max settings based on that video
This is objectively and mathematically untrue, Sonybro.

look no further than wolfenstein 2

>better graphics
>being able to play while taking a shit
both versions have ups and downs

isnt that game like 60Gbs?
how will it fig on the switch?

nuDoom ain't Doom

It's cool that switch can actually run a current gen game from last year, especially since it's a "handheld", but still
>twin stick for FPS

>"The Switch will never get (insert 3rd party game)
>The Switch get's said 3rd party game
>"HAHAHAHAHAH IT'S GONNA RUN AND LOOK LIKE DOGSHIT HAHAHAHAHAHAH"

That was also a completely baseless assumption made by a drunk man before we even knew the specs.

Did you miss the day and date part? It's coming 2018 on Switch and its release date is next month on PS4, Xbox and PC.

>Shitty console graphics, stuck on the TV
>Shitty console graphics, can be played anywhere
I see zero reason to ever get the PS4/Xbone versions now, PC has the best experience and Switch has the portable version. PS4/Xbone versions are just inferior, watered-down versions of the same experience you get on PC. The Switch at least offers portability to make up for the awful visuals, what does the PS4 do to make up for its awful visuals?

these shit games are designed for consoles though...

It's over. Microsoft and Sony are finished.

The Switch can run old Doom too

Well, yeah? Which is why releasing an underpowered console was a mistake. If they wanted third party support, they should have made a competitive console.

Nintendo made them do their jobs properly and the Switch version doesn't have 45GB of uncompressed bullshit.

Have you actually played both versions? I own them both and I easily max it.

and i have a feeling that bethesda will spend a few extra cents on larger memory cards unlike ubisoft and 2k.

That is true, but if you only have a PS4 and no PC, then if you want the "better experience" you might consider PS4. I'm getting DOOM for Switch tho.

Wonder if they'll do gyro aiming.

2.5 hours battery life is barely portable. I bet the new iphone could run it better and last longer. while at it.

You'll have to buy an SD card.

Why don't third parties make more than ports of games I don't want on any console anyway because I have a PC?

Third party support dried up when third parties decided AAA blockbusters were the bulk of what they wanted to make. Better hardware won't magically make 10 million people buy Call of Duty on Switch, the demographics matter more than the hardware. Third parties need to be willing to take small risks again and make more than AAA multiplats.

I'm shocked it actually looks that good, I wonder what it will look like on the Xbox One X since it's getting a 4K update?

But can it run Crysis?

You cannot play this game at max settings, like 1800p, stable 60 FPS on a PC and claim this looks like that. You absolutely cannot, it's not a matter of perception, you would be objectively wrong.

Doom looks fucking amazing on PC. This looks like an iOS/Android port.

I feel like it is legit hard to tell with these since the artifacting from the video makes it kind of blurry. But just judging by the general impression of the geometry and textures, doesn't look to bad for a portable version of DOOM.

Honestly, Switch version holds up well, and also consider that the Switch screens are off a compressed youtube video.

It's still getting Wolfenstein 2 the same time as other systems though.

>what does the PS4 do to make up for its awful visuals?
The PS4 version doesn't have awful visuals.
>I'm getting DOOM for Switch tho.
I might get the Switch version as well despite already having it on PC and PS4 just because I'd like to see it in person and what changes they had to make. If it still runs at ~60fps that'll be very impressive. I also really am curious as to what they'll do about the file size, the current console versions are more than 60GB with updates, far too large for the Switch.

3 0 F P S
F
P
S

And I would totally get it again too if it wasn't for the fact that I'd be giving Bethesda more money.

Oh shit. It's on par wirb the PS4 version.
I play on PC though so maybe I just see all console ports as the same

PC version looks miles better than either console, no idea how you can say that with a straight face.

Now compare it to the PC version.

I know it's not fair, but just because.

That's actually pretty decent for a handheld with less than half of the raw performance of a PS4.

It's not, it's coming 2018 on Switch. It releases next month everywhere else.

PS4 also from compressed youtube video.

Is that actually running on the Switch? I assumed it was just footage they pulled off of the PC for demonstration purposes.

massive downgrades in texture quality and other assets
campaign only on the cart (multiplayer is in the form of a free optional patch)
no snap map
Doom 4 was fucking trash anyway

That doesn't look bad.

Its noticeably worse, but it still holds up.

I got Doom on my PC so I'll be skipping the Switch version, I'll probably get Wolfenstien on Switch though assuming the port is good.

I just really want Doomguy in Smash now.

If you only have a PS4 you clearly don't want the better experience, because you only have a PS4.

The real question is how much is the Switch tax on that game card and download? It's like 50 GB+ on other systems.

WOW! now i can play doom jpeg edition!

30 fps if Nintendo fans are lucky. My bet is 25~ with many drops, as well as reduced enemy count in every stage.

It is the Switch build running there.

Wow, its not that bad for portable console

Honestly looks the same despite the change in hue. If the only graphical difference is the color then I say Switch version holds up in terms of graphics.

left looks pretty comfy.

See Textures of much lower resolution occupy less space. Plus that Snapmap piece of shit hogs a fuckload of space.

>The PS4 version doesn't have awful visuals.
Yes it does.

Oh, wait, do visuals only matter until they're better than what's on PS4, and you've arbitrarily set the ceiling at whatever the PS4 is capable of? Sorry, my bad, didn't realize you were a drooling fanboy.

Try to look at the screen in full resolution.

Bethesda never releases ports for less than $60. You can bet your ass it won't be cheaper than $60 at launch, specially considering the cartridge price.

>no idea how you can say that with a straight face.
Because I actually own both versions? It's obviously better on the PC but the PS4 version holds up quite well. One of the only console multiplatforms from this gen that is even playable.

Oh okay, at least it's only a month apart where Doom is a year or so old.

youtu.be/9SGiI0_AA4o?t=162

I think that's damn good for a portable.

in 4k sure

Why not get Wolfenstein on PC? I'm just curious. I never got doom on PC, but I don't care much about graphics for doom so I'll get it on switch. I mean, it's doom. I know Id likes to use doom as a graphical showcase, but I always felt like the appeal was just that it is a fast paced shooter. Wolfenstein tho, especially since New Order, feels like it is all around set pieces and cinematic sequences.