RTS IS SAVED

RTS IS SAVED

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-btbJ-QtIPM
youtube.com/watch?v=1454XL4jXaE
steamcommunity.com/app/286000/discussions/0/1485482132155391833/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's not RTS you retard, it's a MOBA

man user i want to talk about this game too but you're just inviting shitposting

anyway
>favorite faction?
>favorite unit?

THE WORK OF ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS

why do people make threads without even saying what the game is?

Google image search is a thing in 2017

because he wants you to google it, open the steam page and buy it

yeah but this thread is literally useless as it is right now, if OP posted the name of the game it would serve some use

would be a better chance of me buying the game if i knew what it was lmao

looks ugly as shit

fucking disgusting

> Advertised as RTS

Oh boy basebuilding, large formations and interesting premise...

> It's a MOBA-like

Fuck

> "We want to be the Heartstone of RTSes" t. Gamedev

FUCK

It's literally a fucking moba even DoW3 looks like a classical rts in comparison

is someone gonna post the name of this game or should i close this thread and forget i ever opened it? im not going on some wild goose chase for what is most likely a shit game

tooth and tail

tooth & tail and it is a shit game

user. MOBA's are the Heathstone of RTS.

Tooth and Tail
youtube.com/watch?v=-btbJ-QtIPM
not knowing the name makes people more curious about it, I guess

Northgard is saving rts u nerd

Why retarded people calling everything MOBA? Is that a thing? Why?

How the fuck is this a moba?

If you want to talk about it so much just jump on Reddit and start a thread.

Monaco was a great game, I'm not into RTS's but I trust this is fun.

Wtf I'm playing moba now

but i don't use reddit, i'd prefer to discuss it here

>With matches lasting from 5-12 minutes, controls designed specifically for the gamepad,

Sounds like a great RTS not even sarcastic btw

How do you plan on selling me this shit if you don't even want to make a fucking effort. You really think I will reverse search your shitty game myself? Fuck off, bitch. Sage.

it's a bastard child of MOBA and RTS

>dat fucking moba gameplay.
>dat ugly as fuck graphic

Why do people even shill this?

No buy!

Focus on hero unit and control only by it. Lack of any manner of resource management other than capture farms and siphon economy to auto building units.
Lack of greater scope.

is this a furry version of that jack black game

i knew it was fucking shit

thats why you stupid cunts didnt post the name

ignore this thread, just a bunch of stupid shit posters

if you truly wanted to discuss this game you wouldnt ahve made such a stupid fucking thread and not even tell anyone what the game is, fuckin morons

take your shit game to reddit and fuck off

fuck off you dont even play starcrafts ever and thats supposed to be the flagship
dead genre and only reason mobas sell is coz theyre retarded easy

Basically

its a shit fucking game dont even bother

Can you play nazis?

yes actually

this is kinda neat, i like the artstyle

game is broadly based off the russian revolution, so the nazi-looking playable faction is actually the equivalent of the nkvd secret police

drill sergeant wolf is a nazi for sure though

That not what i asked. People call everything like Overwatch, this game or anything else MOBA when its clearly are not in that genre. Why don't they call it Tetris because you can move things or Fighting game because you can chose character and fight with it? Why people are retarded?

>make some pretty nice pixel art
>waste it on a multiplayer game that will be dead and forgotten in two months

"That Jack Black Game" was a memey version of Pikmin, don't you ever forget it

Because technically speaking, referring to any game that is multiplayer, online, and does battle in an arena is a MOBA.

No one gives a shit about the implications of what Riot meant when they popularized the term, and that a Moba is generally accepted to be a multi-lane team game with characters and objectives in a tight format inspired by the RTS genre. They care about being right and about shitting on X product.

You are absolutely delusional if you believe this.

>tfw played it for the singleplayer
i just liked monaco senpai, great little heist game that was fun with friends

tooth and tail's campaign has some difficulty issues atm regarding procedural map generation but the world that they've built up is pretty interesting, the hub world has lots of fun little details, and the total runtime of the campaign is something like 10-15 hours

What the fuck are you faggots talking about? It doesn't look like a MOBA at all. It looks like an RTS with a really slow cursor that's moved with your keyboard.

I just assumed it was all multiplayer, might pick it up when its humble bundle fodder

>RTS game
>You can only build six unit types you pre select at the start of the game
>No huge bases or sense of building an empire/army
>RTS "distilled" gameplay
>Army themed

Can we get a new game where we build a huge magical empire with hordes of skeletons and foot soldiers and dragons while mining for resources and building defense towers and shit or are people too stupid to play a real RTS anymore?

Riot did pushed it in a certain frame.
When people tells me MOBA i see DOTA/LOL/HOTS, not all fucking online arena games and its really stupid to call every multiplayer arena game all the same.

I really wanted to like this game but the keyboard and mouse controls are 100% completely unusable. Sometimes I wish I was brought up a console retard so I could play modern shit games but it's probably not worth it.

Except that it has nothing to do with intelligence anymore. Unless an RTS comes out that is heavily designed around a single player campaign with a proper AI that can challenge human adaptability without relying on resource discounts, you're going to always get completely shit on by anyone in multiplayer with 20 APM higher than you can pull off, even if they are a brain-dead child.

i've been using kbm with no issue, what's your beef with it?

It is. They use the term as a red herring to make people think that X game is exactly like those games that everyone hates. They do this because they are faggots, and when anyone who calls them out for being faggots highlights this, they revert to "Well it's multiplayer, it's online, and you do battle in an arena". Some will even make shit up about towers or characters in an attempt to shitpost.

People are faggots. What can you do?

>this filtered trash
>nice pixel art
It's indieshit tier garbage

They couldn't afford to make good looking graphics or what? This looks awful.

That the animal species is the only one with a flamethrower or rocket laser kinda puts me off. That looks very like copy&paste picture.
I dont know why. Because if you have groundtroops or tanks that mostly follow a standard amounition too.

>not knowing the name makes people more curious about it, I guess
You are right, but than you need a good opener or hook.
For example, if you have a sci-fi battle and hear darth vader breathing, you might want to look whats that about. If you see a battle and hear JarJar talking, the possibility that someone is interested is much lower.

If you posted a webm/gif of gameplay maybe

he should have opened with the ost, which is indisputably top-tier

youtube.com/watch?v=1454XL4jXaE

steamcommunity.com/app/286000/discussions/0/1485482132155391833/

How do indies devs fuck the campaign so badly by making it procedural? Even dow 3 shitty campaign is better than hoping the RNG is in your favour.

It makes me want to cut my arms off. It's in that shit space where you're using a mouse and keyboard but the controls don't allow you to use the features of a mouse and keyboard that would make you use them in the first place.

You still have to do this shit scrolling through types things like an animal. Moving your mouse does literally nothing and you don't click on things like mice are designed to do, you just press a and b and it doesn't fucking matter how you move your mouse. I don't think moving your mouse does anything. You use WASD to move in an isometric game which has been complete shit in every game that's ever done it. It's like the devs ported it to steam and then at the last second though "oh fuck people will want keyboard and mouse controls" and then instead of making a control scheme for the actual device they just bound some shit to mouse buttons and figured "that aughtta hold those SOBs".

It's also fucking hilarious that the game boots up in full screen off the bat so the pixelshit art looks really awful and the phone game tier gigantic ui is downright comical on a computer screen. That got better though after making it windowed and making that window as small as the resolution of the art actually warrants but it didn't make playing the game not feel like shit.

And naming can evolve. For example red herring isnt literal a fish, gay isnt a happy person and traps are now transsexuals.
And Moba is now multiplayer teams with characters in an arena. Only if you have fps and characters with special powers/spells with cooldown its still called moba. Thats why CS:Go and Cod are still FPS while Overwatch is called Moba.

Indeed or the fraction splash. But i guess all this was posted in he other rts thread.

>Overwatch is called Moba
Overwatch is an FPS and anyone who "calls" it otherwise is a fucking idiot, like you.

That fucking game PRIDES itself for dumbing down RTS.
Holy fucking shit. Casual appeal to the maximum. And after 5 hours everyone gets sick and tired.

>favorite faction
What for? There is only cosmetic difference.

Right but you don't get to decide on some dumb new definition for a term and then force it on everyone else.

The only people who use "moba" to describe games that aren't structured like dota are dumb memers like you whose opinions automatically get discarded.

yeah i would have liked click-to-move now that you mention it

>scrolling through types
you mean through unit types? they're bound to 1-6 keys iirc, keyboard at least has that

in multi sure, but campaign gives some proper backstory for all 4 factions and there are imposed unit restrictions

And still many call it a Moba. I dont mean that its right or wrong. But if you still need to clarify that it isnt and journalist say "with Moba inspiration", its very foggy with the naming and many classify it as Moba.

I think it's how you go from "tools" and "weapons" to lil abilities buttons with cooldown timers on prominent hotkey positions.
I think it became very apparent since it was so often compared to TF2, with how those games handle different "classes" and what they can do.

You seem like the kind of idiot that calls DoW3 a MOBA and would retroactively try to call Warcraft III a MOBA, because it had heroes with abilities. People like you are why it is difficult to take Sup Forums seriously.

>"where was I? oh yea"
I remember this game

So why isnt it a Moba than? Blizzard could call it a hedgehog, that doesnt make it correct, neither me saying its a moba. But if the collective says thats the naming it will become the new meaning. Otherwise something like Chad otr bingewatching couldnt evolve.

For example its in an arena, with character champions that have destinctive powers, that are on cooldown, even have an ultimate heavy power. Its team versus team, 5 players vs 5 players having several lanes, paths and cant change their abilities.
Now its the question if its a FPS with moba elements or a FPS Moba.

Because Randy says Battleborn is badass, doesnt mean that the game is really badass.

Thats why some say that TF2 is like a Moba, maybe its predecessor.
Mix genre are always hard to categorize.

>gaming journos said so it must be true
invest in a noose

>So why isnt it a Moba than?
Because "First Person Shooter" is more suiting for a game where everyone plays a shooter in first person. It's common sense, not a classification crisis.

It's based off Kaiser Germany, you moron.

Because it's not like fucking dota.

I assume they just generate one half and mirror it

lol.
But you seem this kind of user that cant really analyse or see whats important.
Both games have multi units, unit creation and base building which will make it always a RTS. Its lacking team vs team, ultimates and cooldown on all its units abilities. And i dont know if DoW3 has it, they all have a story mission.

Never played DoW3, but i would see why some call it RTS with Moba elements.

>But you seem this kind of user that cant really analyse or see whats important.
Back at you.

>producer said that their game is balanced or fun
its up to you to decide. Noone is free from talking bullshit or without an agenda to make money.

Not really, that would make X-Wing or Wing Commander a FPS?
And like i said, something can be changed through mass classification. If enough say its more Moba than FPS, than it will be masscategorized as that. And your categorize is still right, but for you. And thats the most important thing. What does it affect you what others call it or describe it, the games still plays like it plays.
Some describe the sun as a firy molten mass that produces light. Others say its a glowing star that emits light. Still its called sun and both describtions are right. Thats why some say Overwatch is a Moba with FPS, others say its a FPS that just use some elemwents from Mobas or that are similar. Still you can play it and its called Overwatch.

Good argument. You convinced me.
So Battleborn, Paladin, Gigantic and Smite are FPS too? I didnt knew that, thx user.

Serious question, why do you only focus on one small set of features and blatantly ignore all the rest that distinguish the "MOBA" genre, which was coined to differentiate DOTA from classical RTS's.

Creeps, leveling, ability progression, items, jungle versus lanes, team progress measured in irreparable objectives like tower destruction, selecting one hero before the match that cannot change during, accumulation of a single resource, and more go towards the MOBA genre.

Yet you want to focus on
>lacking team vs team, ultimates and cooldown on all its units abilities.
When none of the above lack team versus team gameplay, all warcraft heroes had cooldowns on some of their abilities and often have ultimate abilities, and likewise NOT all of DOTA and similar heroes have cooldowns on their abilities - for example, passives.

The fundamental gameplay is wildly different between a game like Overwatch and LoL. The method of interaction, the hero progression (and lack), the "objectives" which are MOBA-like in one and generic FPS in the other, the presence and lack of creeps, resource accumulation (and lack), and infinitely more. It is a gross stretch to claim Overwatch is a moba because it has heroes and abilities like a MOBA. Overwatch shares a similar feature list, when stretching like you, with Diablo 3, and said Diablo 3 shares more features with DOTA than Overwatch does.

>would make X-Wing or Wing Commander a FPS?
No, because "Flight Simulation Game" is more suiting for a game where you are simulating flight mechanics. It's common sense.

You can't argue with retards, user.
Accept they are special and leave talking with them to their therapist, who's at least paid to do so.

Thx for agreeing that im right. At least i provided arguments, not like your post facts "i feel this way".
So your
>back at you
dont really work here, just showing me that you cant analyse and provide arguments.

>me: i think that isnt so good because that will collapse under it weight
>(you): i think thats good because...... because.... bec... you are a big poophead

Yea, except Gigantic and Smite.

Normal RTS fan
>Oh, so you choose a limit number of units by tier before hand like Impossibile Creatures, neat.

Sup Forums
>Look at this fucking MOBA choosing your units before the match.

You need valid arguments to receive valid counter-arguments, m8. Cherry-picking traits of a genre to label it onto another isn't worth further comment.

is the single player good

that's not a remaster of Company of Heroes 1.

You know what, don't waste time answering .

I can already tell you're going to do the same thing, coming up with a big list why only the [small related features that are also shared with other genres] only matter in these few cases you are currently arguing about, and why none of the other unrelated features can possibly matter.

You aren't here to reach an objective truth, you aren't arguing to to ever allow yourself to change your mind with counter-evidence. Your head is shoved so far up your ass that you believe only you "can see whats important" what are surely fantastic "analyse."

But I'm not interested in even speaking to someone like that. It's just sophistry at this point.

I won't read whatever you do end up typing out, so just save yourself the time and effort and don't bother.

>Pick hero from pool
>3-4 skills
>Team-based objectives

O-Overwatch is not a MOBA guys i swear!

implying Sup Forums plays rts. Those newfags are probably playing dota 2

>pick hero from a pool
>4-5 skills
>team-based objectives
>leveling up
>items

Diablo 3 is a MOBA. Thanks for clearing that up!

That set isnt that small and it kinda outweights the elements that are not included. But sure i can understand and agree to a degree if someone says its a FPS with Moba elements. Because Overwatch is a genre mix and that to clasify is not that easy. And it shouldnt, better describe it than try to force a inmoveable corsett on it.

I agree that creeps, leveling, items, ability progression and towers are really big parts in Mobas. But besides creeps overall for me, thats what i mean with perception of self or the mass, are difficulties. Thats like gateing the progression with doors and moving the bombload in Overwatch.
And jungle versus lanes, team progress measured in irreparable objectives like tower destruction, selecting one hero before the match that cannot change during, accumulation of a single resource, and more go towards the MOBA genre are mostly several parts of one MOba distinguish to farm and manage your champion to fit your playstyle.
And the Moba elements in Warcraft are less than RTS elements.
>diabolo
thats why Overwatch isnt a Diabolo genre. And there are similarities between D3 and Dota, but both are too different in gameplay and mechanics to put it in the same genre, but saying both have character management that both are typical for their genre. Its like trying to say, who was the first bird. Thats why its normal to describe them as avian reptile like birds or their ancestors, that really saying "that is the bird".

>Thats why some say that TF2 is like a Moba, maybe its predecessor.
Wait I've never played Overwatch but how does this work? At that point you might as well call everything with different loadouts a moba.

>gold
>top down perspective
>creeps
>item combining to make them stronger
>can't change hero after selection
Shit, this might really be onto something.

But its weapons, with ship classes and you play it first person? Its just FPS in space.
So you rely on the main feature. How dare you ;)