Beyond the gates of mighty kingdoms, lies a vast, unexplored world. A world of honor. A world of mystery...

>Beyond the gates of mighty kingdoms, lies a vast, unexplored world. A world of honor. A world of mystery. A world of danger. The world of Warcraft
youtube.com/watch?v=4BoLtR7ecUc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=81qPoB3HnUI&
youtube.com/watch?v=245M6FlB_go
youtube.com/watch?v=aq8kE12mn4w
youtube.com/watch?v=8L0HISui8wI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does the login screen imply that we are invading azeroth and it's NPC s with our heroes?

it implies that you are about to step into azeroth.

Fuck senpai, take me back to those days. I bought gametime a while ago and it's just boring nowadays. Levelling is actually just dungeonspamming, old xones are dead. No sense of community anymore. People are toxic as fuck and never want to just have some fun. Why do people pretend to like this game still? What do people even do besides raiding?

>almost 20 years later WoW is still going strong somehow
Jesus fuck, this game outlived its own genre by far.

Not really.
>Levelling is actually just dungeonspamming
It's your choice, like always. You can level in dungeons or by questing, dungeons are faster but questing is more interesting and engaging if you're a new player.
>old xones are dead
They're just fine, Blizzard even introduced the "new player servers" to make sure the world is evenly populated.
> No sense of community anymore
I'll give you that, social stuff was way more alive back in the day.
>People are toxic as fuck and never want to just have some fun
Nothing in modern WoW is more toxic than the vanilla Barrens. That place was a fucking cesspool.

My Human mortal strike arcanite reaper wielding warrior fucking rekted every class in the game. My favorite were mages and rogues. It makes me hard thinking about it.

But from where?

WarCraft remains the only videogame fantasy world worth a damn.

Sweetie, I...

Excuse me cuties

>videogame
Warhammer began as a table-top game.

>No sense of community anymore.
OP here, this one gets me everytime.
How can people say it unironically? Even worse than people who say that before activision merge blizzard games weren't casual trash for that time.
You usually have friend/namelist of people with whom you want to do heroic raids and mythic 10+

The real world

>playing Dark Souls for the lore
Get outta here.

you're a newgen
there's a difference between witty edgy jokes in barrens chat and some random telling you to "kys" because you won the loot item he wanted

it was always shit
t. 12 year time wasted and my life is now ruined

>began
its only a videogame now.
It counts.
Also this. It's hard to imagine that this was the game that had things like the druid code once.
The game was fucked when powergaming became encourarged and the RPG part was gradually stripped away.

>there's a difference between witty edgy jokes in barrens chat and some random telling you to "kys" because you won the loot item he wanted
1. No, there's no difference.
2. Are you implying that shit didn't happen in vanilla WoW, especially when rouges were stealing loot like there's no tomorrow?

>unexplored world
>4th game in the series

(You)

>its only a videogame now.
>It counts.
Well then Lord of the Rings beats the ever-living shit out of Warhammer and everything else.

>implying the world had been explored from the ground up until then.

uhh, hons..

>not remembering hunters rolling on all weapons because everything was a hunter weapon.

Dragon's Dogma world is actually not very well written and falls apart very fast when you try to make sense of it

Christopher is still alive sweetie.
And no, as a videogame world it's drab and boring.
Which is why you have WB's writers spin shelob as some le ebin morally gray character.

He just a newfag who wants to fit in, hard.
Shame that neo Sup Forums full of them.

>And no, as a videogame world it's drab and boring.
As a videogame world, Warhammer is non-existent.

"unexplored" sounds like it's something entirely new, despite seeing a lot of Azeroth and more from previous games

>there's no difference
of course there is, opinion discarded
are you underage or why is your reading comprehension so god damn terrible?
not getting an item you want equals ninja looting now, when maybe 2 people can need on it? Oh, I guess you're a retail baby and everyone has guaranteed loot or some shit.

There better be a fat neckbeard with a metalica t-shirt in Warcraft the movie 2

>non existent
>has multiple games in it including one that allows you to explore the world map and fight battles in it.
Its more alive than the warcraft 1 and 2 games,

why are you samefagging like it isn't obvious, fucking retard. like someone else would be that retarded to misinterpret the post

Well Warcraft is retcons: the setting, and Dark Souls handwaves all inconsistency with 'time is convoluted, I ain't gotta explain shit', and prevents contradicting itself by not explaining anything at all in detail

retard

but you were talking about dragon's dogma.

By that metric TES is the best setting because it has 2deep4u lore AND incorporates load/saves into it's setting.

Runescape is pretty damn great.

I'm saying that all the settings have flaws.
And TES is unironically a great setting, the problem is that it's been 15 years since a game that actually tried to use the setting instead of just being a generic fantasy game

your points are all fair, but you fucked up when you posted dragons dogma

>15*
Just as I said, shitty newfag who thinks that loot drama is only a retail wow thing

literally kill yourself
wow was always shit

What is TESO?
>INB4 b-but muh MMO changes and "lore rapes"

Those are also explained away by the greater TES lore

Shut up, wow in vanilla was a wonderland with people being nice to each others, paladins not stealing priest loot, no one stealing herbs and nodes in front of other players, etc
And of course no one would /w "kill yourself a fucking faggot" if any of this things happened

I always stole nodes from other players.

Fuck them I want that tin.

youtube.com/watch?v=81qPoB3HnUI&
youtube.com/watch?v=245M6FlB_go
youtube.com/watch?v=aq8kE12mn4w
youtube.com/watch?v=8L0HISui8wI

Dark Souls world is very interesting

>What is the way to make WoW the top MMO, in gameplay?

>warrior
>beating a mage ever especially in vanilla

Maybe I vsed noobs, They'd do poly, pyrobolt thing, Id change to berserk, intercept, they'd blink, intimidating shout, hamstring, swing, mortal strike, whirlwind, couple crits and they ded

>be a neet
>want to play an mmo
>can't afford shit
>tired of wow private servers
What do? is Project: Gorgon any good? anything you guys recommend?

>it's NPCs
>it is NPCs
what did he mean by this

SoM isn't lord of the rings though, it's lotr fanfiction

wow

that implies them not doing anything in order to counter any of your spells

It was all over pretty quick one way or another

>rouge
Even after all these years, you can still identify the idiots by who can or cannot properly spell "rogue."

I was one shotting mages with my HWL gear albeit I was buffed to hell and back in AV doing this

He's talking about the class not the colour dumbass.

>There's a bunch of kingdoms.
>They're all fucking dead.
>Everyone who made them is dead or a zombie.
>Now go kill these four nobodies and light yourself on fire.

>2001 trailer

Were they really hyping up WoW before Warcraft 3 was even out? Or is that date wrong?

I guess the plan was for them to be side by side products, rather than for the MMO to kill the series for good.

That trailer was on my wc3 disk

lol no