It's been almost 10 years, the wait was long and cold, leaks started to appear. Tell me about that September 25...

It's been almost 10 years, the wait was long and cold, leaks started to appear. Tell me about that September 25, 2007 when you experienced Halo 3 for the first time.

youtube.com/watch?v=MapTlW80f6Y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VTZF1MePzIk
youtube.com/watch?v=YlFSP0BvZfY
youtube.com/watch?v=6alOnuN-wCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember running around the football field listening to some older kids talk about Halo 3. It made me want an Xbox so bad that I begged my mom to get one for Christmas.

The rest is history.

I remember unironically buying Game fuel by the dozen, was so hyped and was not disappointed by the game

>that guy who got the game 1 week before everyone else

youtube.com/watch?v=VTZF1MePzIk

It was pretty awesome, I received the collectors edition from my aunt and uncle who worked at bungie (they left after halo 3, also worked on some of the books) as an early Christmas present. On the helmet, they and the rest of the dev team signed their names (they also did this with my copy of halo 2 and the strat guide).

I'll add, Halo 3 might be one of the last few games that I was innocently hyped for and not let down. I don't care if it's "kiddie console shooter crap", it was fucking fun and me and my friends enjoyed every minute of multiplayer and co-op.

It was also one of the last few games before livestreaming personalities surfaced, no commentary walkthroughs and gameplay were still popular, and facecams hadn't been implemented yet. God I fucking miss those days.

Waited at a Midnight Release event at GameCrazy. Aside from Halo 2 as well, these are probably my most fond memories of waiting for a video game and not being let down besides Rogue Squadron the N64 years and years before it.

I spent the next 10-15 hours playing the campaign/story on Heroic before even bothering with the multiplayer. They just don't make these games like they used to.

As much as I love Halo I think it was the beginning of the end of gaming

Everytime i got toward the end of the first level my piece of shit third party power supply would overheat and shut the system off.

I remember leaks being deleted from youtube, and some lucky guys streaming the game on some dead websites

>the rest is history

Wat? Did you get one? I dont think you know what that phrase means ya dingus

will post 10 years old gameplay footage like yesterday

Wasn't a console fps faggot in 2007

That guy who lived in the UK and Argos released it 4 days early

No, that is just a coincidence. Guess what came out on the heels of Halo 3 in the same year? Modern Warfare.

Brute ships! Staggered line! Shipmaster, they outnumber us, three to one!

>that guy who revealed the 9 skulls location on release day
his video is still up

Brute weapons were a mistake. All of them were garbage, just existed to pad out the weapon count, and by extension made non-carbine covie weapons worse.

to think

bungies newest released game?

Destiny fucking 2.

they left there baby in the hands of 343, and look how that turned out.

Why does everything pure and good have to die?

it was bonkers, i was at school and was thinking about the next day so hard (release day) i couldnt concentrate on the school. So the next day i went straight to the shop and got the limited edition copy and played through this like a madman. Great times

Please stop making this thread. I get so sad knowing that gaming will never go back to the kind of community run experiences they used to be. I haven't played a game like H3 in the longest time. Closest thing has been tf2 awhile back before it died out. (Not the player count but more the community moved on). The new halo games are a complete joke. Especially 4 and MCC. I will never not be fucking mad. Please Halo 6, be good and stop catering to esport cancer.

I do not agree. they were the most fun

Halo 2 was a big deal for us when I was a teen. But Halo 3 came out when we were growing up and preoccupied with life. We eventually found time to have two game nights for it, but it really came and went in the busiest time of mine and my friend's lives so we couldn't get into it too much.

the only weapon in that image with a right to exist is the brute shot

>The trailers
>experimenting with the beta's glitches
>Brutes being perfected in Halo 3
>Multiplayer customization and it's glorious simplicity
>Campaign being a sublime-fest from A to Z
>Being part of a human avalanche of old and new fans
>the endless speculations and forum discussions on how the story would continue WITHOUT the chief after the events of Halo 3
>The immature memes
>Everyone waiting for the next Halo installment

My first and favorite Halo is Combat Evolved but admittedly 3 is when the franchise peaked. That game managed to create one of the most enthusiastic communities ever. Granted, it wasn't the most mature but it was still great. Too bad it didn't last.

My friends were aspiring weed dealers at the age of 15 and wanted to play with their first ounce they'd just bought. I was sat doing the bit with bikes attacking me in the desert.

One friend took over 22m of suburban University city weed selling territory and made 10g+ a year off it, tax free. I wasted years playing games and being depressed.

I wanted to play as the Arbiter again and for there to be more Arbiter missions and was upset that I couldn't except as coop buddy.

What's your favorite Halo 3 armor set Sup Forums?

I got Halo 3 for Christmas that year and it was the greatest Christmas I ever had.

fucking loser lmao

Back then it was Scout, but now I would choose Security helmet.

I begged my dad to take me to midnight release and the line wrapped all the way around the Gamestop. I was a little afraid I'd get jumped for carrying the big collector's edition since I hadn't done a midnight release before but everyone was in a good mood. I only got up to Tsavo Highway before going to sleep on the floor.

I got to the The Storm with the first Scarab encounter but I had school tomorrow.

I thought about playing Halo 3 all day in class.

The mauler is severely underrated. Spike grenades were a more iffy plasma grenade

My biggest disappointment is most of Halo's armor sets being a small tweak to the basic armor and a new helmet.

The one (1) and only use spike grenades had was tossing them inside bubble shields to instakill anyone therein, but nobody was stupid enough to allow that to work in the first place

>Tell me about that September 25, 2007 when you experienced Halo 3 for the first time.

Got it a few months after release date, near Christmas. The campaign is like a very small and tasty ice cream that you finish eating too quickly and then want more. Actually worth the hype.

I consider myself lucky I played this game when I was still a teen. It's a fucking 10/10 if you are a teen.

Can anyone give me Recon?

I grew up with halo but stopped at 2. 2 is the one with the driving end level right?

>I thought about playing Halo 3 all day in class.

Same, everyone at my highschool was talking about it. Bragging about how far they got before mom forced them to sleep or what armor they were using.

Halo 1, 3, and ODST end with driving sequences, 2 does not.

1, 3 and ODST have a driving level at the end. 2 is a boss fight with an ape.

No. In fact, 2 was the only one without a driving section at the end of the final mission. only 1 did it we imo, 3's driving section didn't feel as exciting

>The year is 2007
>You're seeing the Halo 3 Legendary Ending for the first time
Without any prior knowledge of Halo 4, what did you think was going to happen?

343 RUINED it again by giving everyone recon for free.

guess I did beat it then. 1 and ODST are the only games I remember well

They were going to find an ancient forerunner city that had long since been infested by the flood. Main enemy types would be robots (kinda like the Promethean we ended up getting) and various flood infection forms including infected forerunners. Covenant would show up at some point to help the Chief.

How come nobody liked Oddball? Super underrated gamemode

I figured there would be a book or comic about the further adventures of Chief and Cortana while the Halo games focused on other characters.

Don't mind me, just posting the undisputed best track on the Halo 3 OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=YlFSP0BvZfY

why didnt the fag in the prowler shoot

Yeah.

But only because 90% of Halo 3's soundtrack is remixes of Halo 1/2. Marty became really hit or miss in his later years.

itt we rank Covenant races:

Elites > Jackals > Hunters > Brutes > Grunts > Drones >>> Prophets

what the FUCK was his problem

Reach and ODST had pretty good soundtracks that didn't rely on previous works. Even Destiny up through TTK, which he did work on but was uncredited, was good.

That we would eventually get a Halo 4 that continued Chief's adventures and I was happy when we finally got it.

elites>all

literally the best looking aliens from any game I've seen. at least until 343 JUSTED them

I was really disappointed drones never became anything more than a FUCK YOU, YOU DIE spot on Legendary. Was hoping for a Queen type enemy that made more drones or maybe a drone inspired weapon or vehicle.

The covenant schism was good writing but didn't translate well to the gameplay sandbox

this. 3 ended on such a final note it was just weird to continue chief's story, even in a new trilogy (which is not so great by the way). on the other hand: money money money money money

>Halo 4
>Play as a member of an ODST squad who's been attached to a group of specops elites
>Roam the Galaxy trying to purge the Covenant Loyalists and stop ONI's evil plot of the week
>Visit different Covenant homeworld planets and explore the galaxy as the Halo equivalent to the crew of the SSV Normandy
Yes/no?

>never owned an Xbox 360
>had a Playstation 3
>friend has it though
>and halo 3
>remember playing halo 1 & 2 with him all the time at his house on OG Xbox
>go to his house almost every weekend and play forge and coop campaign all weekend

To this day halo 3 is still the most nostalgic game for me. Sure it's not the first game I played, I didn't play it when I was a baby. It's just the game that has the best memories for me.

To this day I still want to buy a cheap and used 360 just to play halo 3 campaign again

Why does Sup Forums like the Elites so much?

but m-m-m-muh m-master chief :(

>final cutscene of the his hypothetical Halo 4 is intercepting an unknown distress signal and seeing the wreckage of Forward Unto Dawn

What was everyone's go to matchmaking game?

Ranked Team Objective was my shit, always had a low player count and eventually the game type was pulled altogether. I think they eventually brought it.

I miss the times when everyone was talking ingame

youtube.com/watch?v=6alOnuN-wCY

>sleek, high tech armor design
>original split mandible face
>warrior's honor
>badass (the good kind not the battleborn kind)
>eventually become allies to humans
>god-tier weapons like plasma rifle and energy sword
>wort wort wort
>actually look like aliens instead of recolored humans

just a few reasons

No, Master Chief is the main character of Halo nobody else. Sup Forums is literally the only ones that think like this.

>Hello my name is Master Chief lololololololololllololololololloolololololol

Plasma Rifle is fucking garbage 2bhfam

big team battle

Can you post a picture?

When's it becoming backwards compatible? Anyone here going to play?

>Destiny fucking 2
I mean it's a game that's doing extremely well in sales and it's better than the first Destiny by miles.

Team SWAT definitely

BTB was another favorite though

Explain to me why they didn't put more Elite-human teamup shenanigans in Halo 3, given that the whole premise of the game was a military alliance between the two races?

Bungie died after Halo 3 so I'm glad they're gone. 343 is currently better than them anyway.

The whole premise of Halo 3 was to finish the fight started in Halo 1.

Backlash from the Arbiter taking up half the campaign I suspect.

I do wonder what the original Halo 3 campaign was supposed to be like.

Who knows I'm happy with what we got.

I was a poor fag and my parents couldn't afford to buy me something like a 360 at the time. I loved Halo. Played both games and even had the multiplayer map pack for Halo 2. I loved Red vs Blue and I had a GamePro that covered all the new stuff in Halo 3. I would read it before falling asleep. I was really bummed out that I wouldn't be able to play it.

I was talking to two friends at lunch about his I wasn't going to be able to finish the fight. One invited me over on the night of release. We stayed up all night beating the game on Legendary. I was blown away. Then we played customs until 6 in the morning.

Games don't give me memories like this any more. I've since moved away from all of my old friends from high school. Even if I hadn't Halo isn't the same any more. And who knows if they even still play games now?

Still I have so many good memories with the original trilogy and even a few with ODST and Reach.

I hope that one of these days 343i will do something to recapture the magic of the old games. But I just don't like the direction the series is going.

>I wish I was a little bit taller
wish I was a baller

The Brute Shot was made obsolete by the Concussion Rifle.

I-I liked the arbiter levels though, there just needed to be less Flood. I liked the banter.

I got together with friends to LAN Halo 3 again only a couple months ago. So much fun even to today.

Reach out to them and try to get together.

>it'll actually have people on it again when it goes BC
>all DLC is free now
I can't fucking wait. So happy I don't have to play MCC to actually play 3 online. I hope Sup Forums customs will be a thing again.

I had about 12k hours in Halo 2.

I put too much hype in Halo 3. The beta for Halo 3 was incredibly fun. The loss of bullshit from Halo 2 like bxr and other tricks made halo 3 feel extremely shallow to me. Somehow they lost the magic from the Halo 3 beta. I wasnt a huge fan of the new maps either, so instead of playing it nonstop my freshman year of college, I just got drunk and joined a frat.

Thank you Halo 3 for being decent but not soul sucking.

Lorewise, are Brutes supposed to be as strong as a Spartan in his armor?

I can't fucking wait either, Halo 3 is about to make a massive comeback.

Enjoy your sub-30 fps and shit emulation.

You faggots better play the shit out of it and help keep it alive, if the CoDfags did it with the Blops games, we can do it too.

>hurdur higher difficulties means enemies should be bullet sponges.

I hate this change more than anything.

>being this mad that no one plays the Broken Chief Collection

It didn't work when Halo 3 was free.

Of course

I like Destiny though. It may not be Halo but it's definitely a fun franchise.

I'm excited as all hell too anons. But I doubt we'll see some massive comeback. Don't get me wrong I want to see that more than anything. But it just sounds too good to be true.

Thanks user. Worked fine for Reach. I wasn't born after 2000 so games under 60fps don't send me into fits.

I know but at least it will be higher than MCC.

60fps was more or less standard before 3D became a thing. You were probably born in 99.