Need help

I wanna get an NES to start a retro games collection, and this offer seems alright, but I'm questioning how safe it is. Anyone wanna help?

>no cords
>no games

Well good job dude you got a great deal there!

How did he test it without cords or games?

>tested
>no cords, no games

>i want to start a retro games collection

Reminds me of those fags from American Pickers.

Shit guys I forgot to post the second image sorry

Mate, if they're savvy enough to sell games online, they're always, read, ALWAYS, going to cross-reference things with other listings. You will, in this day and age, ALWAYS get what you pay form.

When collecting retro vidja, you have to do one of two things. They're the only safe ways of doing it.

#1: Buy online. Pay the full price listed by whatever jew's pulling the strings on vgpricecharts or whatever. If you're ballsy enough to actually follow through on negotiations, you can also send them a message on ebay or craigslist or whatever asking them to knock off a bit, but you'll only ever manage MAYBE 10%, and even that rarely, especially if stuff's actually desirable. You're more likely to get lucky with discounts if buying a lot, rather than one specific thing.

#2: Yard sale. Only really available for game collecting in certain parts of the country (suburbia near dense population center), the price you pay here is uncertainty in what, if anything, you'll find, and in the necessity of actually talking to a human being. This is the only way to find actual video games in the wild for a decent price, as they're not being sold specifically by themselves and the expectation is that the seller wants to clear out a bunch of shit, not just make a profit on select items. You have to get up early, hope there's not resellers scouting your area, and try to ask people specifically if they have games to sell; if you do this, though, you'll more likely than not eventually manage a score, though again this could be any system and any game, in any quality (though usually it's "dirty but functional".

I myself managed to get a working NES (just without the RF adapter, use an rga cable instead) for $5 just for being in the right place, knowing what it was, and being ballsy enough to offer that low an amount, but I'd never in a million years bank on that NES being functional without problems. Suck it up and drop a hundred like everyone else.

yard sales are almost impossible these days with the reseller niggers everywhere

>have NES for personal use with one controller
>find a console with no codes at a garage sale
>test it with my cords, make sure it works
>sell it on ebay

Better start saving then.

local store near me sells them with all cords and 1 controller for $45 with a warranty.

I bit the bullet and bought from them, so far so good.

I found a super nintendo in a dumpster that worked

like clockwork

at least you're an opportunist and not like the faggot who cruised around town and went up to buy people out 10 minutes before the listed sale starting time on notification sites. I had that fucking massive whore do it to me three weeks in a row, and watching his inconsiderate ass walk away with a bigass n64 haul for like $40 right as I walked up after I'd sat waiting in my car for 20 minutes was what killed it for me two years ago.

You have to stoop to their level to beat them out, it's not fair to the people just trying to get rid of their junk to start accosting them like that as they're setting up and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

See I live in a country where vidya wasn't widespread at all in the 20th century so it is INCREDIBLY unlikely I'll find these things locally. Also lmao

Fucking faggots drove up the prices to simply retarded numbers ever since 2012 or so. Thank god for flashcarts and burned disks.

i used to do it around 2007-2011, and sparingly since. these dudes have nothing else to do and go sit out front an hour early if any ad even mentions the word games.

i sold and made out well, flash carts are the way to go now.

I got an nes action set for $70, came with everything, was this a good deal? Some guy said it was a horrible deal but I don't see why

Nigga just emulate

Retro collecting is very high right now and is likely not worth getting into, if you MUST then i recommend getting a flash cartridge like an N8

a collection now is only worth having if you ALREADY have one and bought most of your stuff before the retro boom hit. (though a few good deals can be found occasionally.)

Why would anyone do that to any animal. That's fucking horrible

is turtle ok?

Have considered but I love physical copies

Well shit. Do you think it'll stop booming or only get more expensive?

When "nerd culture" stops being trendy (never) the prices will go down.

the boom already happened it might relax occasionally but it seems unlikely that it will crash with youtube let's players still in full swing introducing more and more people to games before the viewers time.

>wants to start a retro game collection
Stop watching MJR and play your games like a normal person. Don't fall for the meme; it's a money sink. Nobody cares what you own.

I'm not doing it for showing off I literally just want to play some good games, the reason I even considered going into this is for Metal Gear. Also What's MJR

Well fuck

if you want to play video games just emulate. nes has been cycle accurate for longer than most of Sup Forums has been alive. also the "collection" market for old stuff has become so vastly overpriced and contaminated by hipsters its not even worth getting into anymore.

I wish NES games were cheaper. My old childhood console still works, but fuck me the prices of cartridges.

Alright, I'll emulate for older stuff. See I'm trying to play through every metal Gear game, which also means I'm probably gonna have to buy a PS3 for the newer ones without PC ports

SNES was my first system and had arguably the best library of any system. Once the classic comes out, plenty of great games to get. Also posting my list of non-us games for translations:

fire emblem games
seiken densetsu 3
bahamut lagoon
treasure of the rudras
der langrisser
feda
live a live
marvelous
romancing saga
front mission games
shin megami tensai
dragon quest
star ocean
tales of phantasia
rendering ranger r2
macross
SOS
wonder project j
super famicom wars
arabian nights
alcahest
the firemen
ff v
ys
wizardry
terranigma
tactics ogre
golf daisuki
clock tower

Use PayPal, if anything is wrong they will side with the buyer 99% of the time.

Anytime you guys an NES order and install a new pin connection no matter what. They still make them and they boot every time 199% of the time and you can install it with just a screwdriver.