How do you define comfy?

How do you define comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8aLEEYSWvRU
youtube.com/watch?v=BCSHVS34EME
youtube.com/watch?v=JHEkn8mtbVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A level/area/location that has a design or aesthetic that is generally pleasing to the eye and makes the player feel relaxed and calm.

Contrast between inside/outside. I love playing games with fall/winter aesthetic while I'm inside warm with a cup of coffee and sweats on

A sense of familiarity and/or nostalgia

some places can evoke this feeling of making you almost recognize them, possibly feel like you'd want to settle there, or at least experience life in that place for a while. It's about all the things that a place (or music or whatever else) evokes, it suggests a certain kind of reality

Not a lot of rush
You can take your time and do what you want

Mafia 2 and Division are the most comfy games

Are Point and Click Adventure games the comfiest genre?

Killing to the beat is comfy.

no, those are just boring

Snow.

You could fall asleep while playing it, but in a good way

game?

Security, safeness, warmth and retreat.

Looks like banished

Anno 1404

>No Anno 1404

>nobody mentioned Euro Truck Simulator

these fucking plebs

I'd like to add that "routinely" mechanics help establish a sense of comfy. As in, when game mechanics form a pattern that's comfortable for your muscle memory to pick up, and the routine isn't too long or tedious. Stuff like the rhythmic series of button/key presses to craft a consumable, or maintaining something through adjustments made through button/key presses (such as keeping a car on the road).

Diablo 2 is my definition of comfy

Memories of sitting on my grandfathers lap, as he drinks coffee and plays the game. I was fascinated with it.

MGS V is also very comfy

best reply

Only Elite Dangerous

Animal Crossing. started playing it again on DS (waiting for 3DS prices to drop to around £40) and really enjoying the hour or 2 every day routine as well as the occasional events (weekly stuff like Redd, or annual things like the bug competition that was on today)

this also. i have every expansion and with promods (a map extender/enhancer) the game is extra comfy

Dying Light
youtube.com/watch?v=8aLEEYSWvRU

Wild World is a personal favorite of mine but since I paid off Nook and finished the fossils I just play to make sure my villagers don't leave.

post more comfy games

Tecidos kiehlufer

What game has the comfiest rain?

Honestly, I thought FFXV's rain looked really comfy, especially with how the car's roof goes up.

Forever and always, the comfiest game.

Something relaxing that makes me want to linger even when I have no real objectives there.
Winter aesthetic is definitely a big plus.

>no botw
>no recettear
>no rune factory
>no anno 1404

shit list

STALKER

Dying Light too.
youtube.com/watch?v=BCSHVS34EME

Nothing quite like filling up the tank then going for a casual beer with some fellas. I wish that game had more sim features like that. It's a relaxing world.

I haven't had a chance to play much of this game yet, does it only rain at night?

>no SNES SimCity

Whoever made that doesn't know what comfy is.

There are tons of comfy games missing from that list. Still it's a good list in that I agree that all the entries deserve their place on it.

It can rain by day too.
youtube.com/watch?v=JHEkn8mtbVk

Fuck off Russia.

>nothing but weebshit JRPGs with 1 or 2 lush green levels

Mario is a weebshit JRPG?

Sleeping Dogs with rain was comfy af.

Surprisingly PUBG. And Sleeping Dog rain was great too. I also liked Mafia II rain (but it was pretty uncommon).

Damn what an ugly mess

An accurate depiction of Hong Kong then.

Fpbp.

I would also argue that sound design and music is just as, if not more, important as visuals for nailing that comfy feel.

>comfy games
>they're all autistic shit
Hmmmm