Scorn

Discuss the upcoming Gigerian-Beksinskinian atmospheric horror.

youtube.com/watch?v=LcuP3_JrtWI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gug_0mNhg4k
youtu.be/eQKkCMDaN54
kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein
youtube.com/watch?v=WtOcbZG5xA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

bump

Looks pretty neat-o, I only hope they actually make it atmospheric and don't ruin with a bunch of "AHHH SO SCARY" fangly monsters that yell and run at you instead of having creepy or weird enemies instead.

Agony will be better.

Nah, keep that bloody shit mess to you.

Very lovecraftian.

how kafkaesk

What is this game even about?

Why is everything made of meat?

It's a long journey inside the depth of a vagina.

Trash

Hate you guys.

SOLD

Please fuck off mr shill.

Show me some gameplay you shill faggot. Probably just another walking sim

Not enough dicks and vaginas to be truly Gigeresque.

We're inside of giant vagina?

looks great, but most probably it will suck ass gameplaywise.

Yes, that's the concept of the game. Here it is.

>inb4 that anti-shill user who keeps bitching about how it's going to be bad because "you can't immerse yourself with a non-human character" shows up.

Genuinely surprised to see a Scorn thread not made by him. Not that I'm particularly interested in the game in the first place.

I dig it.

user...

'Tis very Kafkraftian, I must say.

>Gigerian-Beksinskinian
is more giger meets wayne barlowe, imo

Basic bitch empty FPS with emphasis on pretentious plagiarism of art styles.

This better have lots of puzzles

"horror" "game"

There's already another thread for this crap up, I'm guessing you're going to be shilling this for the next few weeks?
I like the aesthetic, but that's it. The little gameplay shown that isn't just touring hallways looks bland and uninspired. What's the point of apeing off of Giger when you're just making another game where you shoot guns at monsters?

>gigerian
>doesn't have enough satanic penises and vaginas
>While Giger's biotech actually looked like abominations, Scorn's just looks like you let a pizza fall all over your sci fi equipment
>thinks some webbing on the floor is enough to be Beksinsian
>Being a fucking retard enough to mix the two
>thinking that having long as fuck reload animations is a good idea
>weapons are still just basic shit like pistols and shotguns with a flesh paint job
Go fuck yourself, it's going to be just as bad as Agony.

youtube.com/watch?v=gug_0mNhg4k

I always forget why I'm not hyped for this until I watch this trailer again. The ideas guy who forced that stupid gun idea into it is killing this project. Not every game needs a gun, champ.

Agony is a mess. I don't mean in the artistically intended way, either. I mean the game looks like it was haphazardly slapped together by some people who know nothing aside from art technique.

I'm 'the horror gamer' in my circle's of friends and co-workers and I'm sick and tired of people saying I "must be excited for these games". I'm not. They both look nice. But that's only because they're shamelessly ripping off famous artists. The games themselves are just "it's scary because it's chaotic"-tier.

Fuck anyone who thinks these games look good.

The gameplay looks extremely generic FPS, but the visual style looks great. I hope there is more gameplay mechanics they haven't shown, or the story is amazing, cause it looks like it's gonna be a muh graphics kinda game.

Wow that trailer tells me absolutely fucking nothing about the gameplay.
Is it just going to be another walking simulator shit with pretty horizons?

So everything outside is beksinski but the interiors are giger.

Not every game has to have an obvious as all hell context which you can understand without even playing it.

Thank god for that.

>You dont need to know what a game is about before you purchase it

>Gigerian-Beksinskinian atmospheric horror

>Gigerian-Beksinskinian atmospheric horror
Nice
>FPS
N-nice...

It should be Resident Evil/Silent Hill camera style, whatever is called

>that gun

youtu.be/eQKkCMDaN54

I mean you have to know what kind of game it is, but what the game is about? No, not really at all no.

Knowing little of the thematic in a game and discovering it while playing is absolutely viable

Doesn't look like it's gonna meet its funding goal on Kickstarter. RIP.

Oh my fuck is that the frozen pizza sniffer man?

fixed camera angles

Jesus

sauce pls
And what the hell is he eating?

Wonderful aesthetics, bland everything else. It could change in the future, though.

Somber

Mutated fish or something.

Movies called eXistenZ

only thing missing is "Lovecraftian" for the babby's first horror trifecta.

I honestly don't give a fuck about this because the gameplay looks like shit, but Nintendo needs to hire this guy to design environments for Prime 4. Like ... all the environments
This is what a Metroid game should look like

thanks

Desu there's barely any sexual imagery, people are overxaggerating the giger influence

This 100%. Visdev is absolutely fantastic, game design and everything else is amateur.

so much fucking shilling in this thread

You could have at least linked to their Kickstarter campaign

kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein

Very good aesthetics, but that gunplay though
>slow rate of fire
>twice as long reloading
and even if they weren't aiming to be a shooter,
>no recoil so gun feels like shit
>reloading the gun takes up half the screen space
The reloading needs some serious work for it to be even a functional game

Vagina dentata?

vaganias are ugly. ew.

>thinking that having long as fuck reload animations is a good idea
I think they'll probably be a lot faster in-game, it's just that they slowed down the animation to show off the pretty graphics and art design.

Personally I prefer that there are no satanic phalluses. Just because you're inspired by something doesn't mean that you have to include EVERYTHING about it.

Pls no.

I think the main draw of it is that it's fully first person; it wouldn't be the same if you didn't see from the perspective of a thing in the world

I just think it looks cool. Not every positive opinion on this godforsaken site is paid for.

You fuck, you can't claim giger influence and not have overt sexual tones.

Yes you can. There is more to giger than slimy dicks. The dicks were just a part of it.

whens the last time we've even gotten news about this game

It's gonna be 95% walking sim and 3% basic puzzles and 2% shooting. Looks very nice, but it'll feel empty, won't feel like a world in which something is happening, I really feel like they're banking on the artstyle to make it successful.

honestly the aesthetic is enough for me.
I wouldn't mind playing it purely for the art.

I'm hoping there would be at least plenty of slimy bio puzzles, though.

You can, user, you can.

very gooooooood

But dark sexual overtones IS Giger, you dense motherfucker.

That and biological machines.
Scorn is inspired by the biological machines part, not the creepy boners part. I would understand if they said it was "based" on giger, as then it would imply it has to be "faithful" to it, but it's only inspired. When you're inspired by something, you aren't obligated to do shit.

Either way, it really doesn't matter, and the game is better off for it.

i'm not falling for "nice visuals + boring gameplay" ruse ever again. This game gets the same treatment as Inner Chain, maybe "Mostly Positive" at best with many complaints about slow, bland gameplay in negative reviews

aren't you a little smart fella

the last two are the only complaints that actually matter (and probably the reason for so many delays for a game developers desperately want it to avoid being just a nightmarish walking simulator)

Kickstarter scam

this

It's gonna end up being weak and pretentious.

>posting a teaser trailer when a gameplay video is available
OP is, as usual, fucking faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=WtOcbZG5xA4

It looks like it wants to be Zeno Clash without the melee combat. If they added some combat other than gunplay, I could believe that all those flaws you listed were on purpose to discourage use of guns - again like in Zeno Clash.

Since this game won't be out forever, recommend me some horror games for october that I can buy with my ARK refund. Already got Darkwood.

It looks interesting as fuck
If the gameplay is at least half decent I'll gladly buy it

Its called 3rd person

which ones have you played and enjoyed?

>Either way, it really doesn't matter, and the game is better off for it.
I disagree, it is then a vapid inspiration that they're are doing absolutely nothing. Just boring, lifless grey metal hallways with dying dog vomit strewn about. It's not interesting. Giger is interesting, striking, dark and full of why boners. Beksinski is haunting, fills you with bot curiosity and dread. If this is the best they can do with such inspiration, then it is absolute shit.

>posting the LE EPIC GAMETRAILURZZZ video by some faggot who did nothing but add a shitty outro and got over a million views for it when someone already posted the official channel's trailer in this thread

who fucking cares - file DMCA or get a life, autistic retard

>Eh, whatev not like i had much to do anyway

If you are willing to make a detailed explanation of the styles, differences, thematics and how they should appear in the game to be considered "legit" rather than "lite" i'm all for it.
After all, might as well learn something new.

Darkwood was very good, but got way too easy when you got guns.
I dislike hide and seek simulators, with a couple exceptions like Alien Isolation. Soma's story was good, but severely lacking in horror and gameplay, for example. Outlast is in my library from a bundle, but I haven't played it yet.
Silent Hill is obviously a classic.
Alone in the Dark was always my favorite growing up, but I haven't replayed it in years.
And then I enjoy most horror themed games like Sunless Sea, Resident Evil, and Quake, along with games with light horror elements like System Shock and Prey (the new one). I never got around to The Evil Within so I think I'll end up grabbing that when it goes on sale again.

Those are the ones that jump to mind without going through my libraries one game at a time to check.

>no recoil
Did we watch the same video?

waaaaaaaaaa they sound like guns

Earlier trailers looked like the assets were more unique looking. The most recent one looks more formulaic, like the corridors are bone-y and kinda machinery, with some meat slapped onto it.

It looks pretty boring desu. Atmosphere is nice and all but you have to have more to the game. This looks like a typical minimalist fps game. You "hack" terminals to get security cards to get past doors. You have a pistol, shotgun, automatic rifle, sniper archetype weapons. Lots of corridors and monsters to shoot. It's pretty bare minimum for this genre and I'm not sure the aesthetic can carry it. Unless there's more to the game play, it'll be a novelty at best.

>interesting, unique aesthetic
>generic as fuck gameplay
every time

>I've been exposed as a dumb faggot who can't read a thread!
>Uhhh, You're autistic!
Nice save there man, next time maybe you could just check if someone has posted something before you go acting like you're the hero of the thread for doing it.

Agony looks better.

There is first Penumbra (Overture) from SOMA developers that actually trusted player to clumsily fight off or actively distract their enemies. I genuinely think that's their best game (not the best story - that would be any of their next titles)
Also, if you didn't happen to try out STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, do yourself a favor and try it out (it's not exactly horror-oriented game, but for a newcomer it has several pants-shitting moments). Don't forget to download ZRP unofficial patch to get rid of some annoying small bugs.
Subnautica also has its really scary moments (especially when you first start your deep dive, below 400m explorations) but it's full of resource gathering that might put you off.
I think the best horror moments player experiences in non-horror games (that is it's not strictly designed to be just a horror game).

P.S.
>buying Darkwood when it's officially uploaded by the devs and available on Pirate Bay for free

Different user. The difference is kind of subtle, but very obvious at the same time. This is computers that happen to be made of meat. Giger's work is meat that was grown and shaped into something. Look at the computer console in the gameplay trailer. You wouldn't even be able to tell it was biotech if he didn't pull the glove off and show the meat underneath.

Look at this picture. These are living things that have been turned into or grown into machines. This game is machines that were giving meat instead of circuits. It's a pretty distinct style difference.

And that's not even getting into the sexual imagery. GIger's whole schtick is the perversion of the familiar and intimate into something alien and grotesque. I'm getting none of that with this game. It's wholly alien.

fuck off to your containment board you cum gargling mongs

dude, you are boring as fuck - don't bother post anything in desperate hope to "win" a non-existent fight you desperately are trying to pick up at slightest opportunity. That's just fucking pathetic.
No joke, you are a very sad person.

>edgy hellscape mode of bone and flesh

nah, true horror requires subtlety, not a shovel to the face