Itt times when Sup Forums was wrong

itt times when Sup Forums was wrong

>Titanic Monarch is a bad zone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NIChheTwnaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was surprised to see people dislike it, I really digged it's aesthetics & theme and the mechanics in it were fun to fuck with, I especially like how they made the Sonic & Knuckles bonus game spheres into something in an actual level.

The soundtrack is pretty great but the zone feels like one big setpiece, there's very few deviations you can take and basically none in Act 2.

Titan Monarch is good as a setpiece, but level design-wise has nothing interesting; it's straightforward at best and annoying at worst
Also, act 2 is really shit
It's still okay to me, lava reef oil ocean and hydrocity are the real problems

It's not bad per say but it's boring and overly long

>lava reef oil ocean and hydrocity are the real problems
I get Oil Ocean it's a pretty boring zone but I don't get Lava Reef and Hydrocity...both are pretty good although the best parts are the ones where the level design is straight ripped off from the classics like in Hydrocity Act 2

It's interesting because it happens to be one of the few vertical levels in the series. If it had more branching pathes, it would have been very confusing.

The music and Chrome Gadget references sealed the deal for me.

Lava reef is a slow claustrofobic piece of shit zone with terrible aesthetics and music, which the level design rely either on standing on one place spindashing through elevators or bumping everywhere hoping enemies don't show up outta nowhere
Hydrocity is a water level which you either play like shit or play like shit for half the time and get in autoplay through waterslides in act 2

kind of overuses a single mechanic but you could probably say the same for most stages

>Sega is run by Jews

why is the music for this zone so boring
it's not a fun level not because it's too hard, but because the mechanics in it are annoying

But it is

I love how easy it is to mod the title cards.

>running at full speed through ash piles, leaving clouds in your wake
>getting locked in a room and having to escape before the gas gets you
>fighting Eggman's big oven mech at the end
HH best zone

Is it harder than Death Egg?

What theme? Robo-circus? Church?

What the fuck? This is literally the best stage in anything Sonic.

>Lava reef is a slow
Stopped reading there

Yeah, you might as well just say "I am underage, I suck at video games and Sonic Mania was my first 2D Sonic game".

Lava Reef and Hydrocity are two of the most highly acclaimed Sonic levels. The only problem with them in Mania is that they aren't really an improvement on the original versions, and in some cases are pretty much a downgrade.

Titanic Monarch Act 2 is a bad zone though and the bosses are both bad, especially the RNG waiting simulator that is Knuckles's Act 1 boss.

But Titanic Monarch Act 1 is a good stage.

Most complaints regarding Mania zones boil down to "I am underage, I suck at video games", this goes for Oil Ocean as well. If you've been playing Sonic 2 from the very beginning, you should be relatively competent at it, and it shouldn't be a slog.

There were zones I was more fond of than others, but I have a hard time thinking of a "bad" zone in Mania. Most seem like they're well designed, fair, and relatively fun.

The area is really nice visually, and the music is probably my favorite stage theme in the game.
I can understand why some people dislike it, but "it's too hard" is not a valid complaint.

The only people who have trouble with it are those who didn't play through the bonus stages in Sonic and Knuckles. If you have any sort of experience at all with them, you shouldn't have difficulty beating them. The rest of it is just a matter of being careful and going with the flow.

Who are you to say what is or isn't valid?

I find it far too linear but it was still alright.
Honestly Metallical Madness felt like a far better final level to me.

Does it even matter? It's just an opinion.
Stop posting.

>Sweetieposting deleted

Thank you based mods.

act 1 is very repetitive at times, feeling like they copy-pasted the same segment 3 times

act 2's teleporter gimmick doesn't really lend itself well to speed runs and slows things down.

tm isn't bad

it doesn't feel like a final zone tho

nothing wrong with lava reef or oil ocean

Hydro City Zone ruins the pace of the game with all the bubble bullshit. Oil Ocean Zone's second act is the same with the load times between entering and leaving the submarines.

What's the matter with Lava Reef Zone?

>slow
git gud

Requesting Genocide City

There's a bubbleless route for Hydrocity: youtu.be/NIChheTwnaM
And if you take the topmost route to avoid most of the water sections, you only have a single bubble section to worry about.

Enjoy.

Titanic Monarch is a good zone, but I can see why people might not like it. Act 1 has a lot of speed and bouncing around with traps all over the place and Act 2 is slow and confusing at first. Act 2 can seem long as hell at first since things can be very roundabout and you're constantly going back to the same locations if you mess up a jump.

Reminder for less hardcore Sonic fans that Genocide City was supposed to be an actual level in Sonic 2.

The Japs who came up with zone names didn't really understand what it meant, they just thought it sounded cool.

Honestly, they're right. The word Genocide does sound cool, when I was a kid I thought Genocide City sounded cool. Then my mom said "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WORD MEANS?!". Even when she explained it, I didn't quite understand why it was so horrible.