Battle Royale games are going to be the cancer that kills the industry...

Battle Royale games are going to be the cancer that kills the industry. Good quality games are fading away while the new hot memes of PUBG and freemium bullshit are shitting up the industry. Fuck PUBG and fuck anyone who contributed any money towards that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wpcxA0y7jxE
youtu.be/DoVjQ2lVM10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not really fair to blame PUBG for people trying to rip it off and doing a bad job.

It's being copied because it's successful, and it's successful because it's fun

PUBG is great, deal with it fag

It's only going to shit up the sort of games either aimed at the mobile demographic or the lets play kids and you deserve what you get if you're part of either of those.

Just like when MOBAs were hot, every damn company wanted to make one. This is no different.

You said the same about crafting games and mobas, good games still come out. You're blaming Overwatch for Battleborn here.

Freemium has been around for at least a decade before PUBG.

PUBG is a hardcore game: no fucking cutscenes, no "story" written by neckbeard losers with no life experience, no shitty hack voice acting, just gameplay.

What's your favourite game, OP?

This pretty much, and just like with MOBAs the popular ones are the ones that will stick around.
At the moment PUBG is doing far too well for anything to compete with it, it'll be the genres' DOTA/LOL.

I say this as someone who hasn't played PUBG and doesn't like MOBAs.

>Sup Forums in March: "PUBG is just another Flavor Of The Month trash survival crafting lootcrate game, DayZ all over again"
>Game actually receives updates, plays nothing like DayZ, and is actually F U N
>PUBG on track to sell over 15 million units by Christmas
>Sup Forums BTFO again

Then hopefully someone will create a better implementation of the concept than the shitshow that is PUBG.

The industry has been dead since 2007.

Sup Forums does this for every game. I remember when there were people claiming TLOU was moneyhatted and would be forgotten about in a month.

Fun ideas are always copied after they're successful. PUBG actually demands a lot out of the player and might single-handedly reverse some of the shittiest trends we've seen over the past decade(movie games, excessive hand holding). Git friends and git good

And that Overwatch was going to somehow underperform

I feel like this has been said as every new trend of games has cropped up since "Doomlikes".

this sums it up pretty well.
the Battle Royal concept is great but PUBG is made by somewhat incompetent devs and will probably be stuck in Early Access Hell for another year.

While promoting new shitty trends along with the likes of Overwatch and TF2 like lootbox gambling. Lootboxes are spreading like cancer.

I fucking love this
>CoD ripoffs will kill the industry!
>Skyrim ripoffs will kill the industry!
>hero team shooters will kill the industry!
>battle royale games will kill the industry!
It's all shit. Go play AA games you underage faggot

why isn't she getting shot and why is that dude so happy

But user, they're all ganging on the industry and shanking it harder than Caesar

why is that dude hiding behind a super thin wooden wall from a guy with an assault rifle

why is that girl attacking a tree with a pickaxe

Fortnite's battle royale mode involves making cover with materials that you can get by destroying buildings and trees with a pickaxe

fpbp

Sometimes, Sup Forums has good foresight. They were a tad spot on when it came to Battleborn.

Japanese PUBG when?

>They were a tad spot on when it came to Battleborn.

Battleborn had the same release window as Overwatch, was a similar game and looked far inferior. It wouldn't have taken a Crystal Ball to predict it wouldn't do so well.

I like battle royale games. Its fun, and its something i can commit to but in the end it doesn't matter and you start from scratch. It gets my blood pumping, and the adrenaline rush when you're in a tense situation is why i love multiplayer games like them.

inb4 FFXV does it

>Japs making games that aren't phone gatcha
hah

Yep.
Mario clone
The "Halo killer"
Horde mode

Yet here we are, still kicking.

Never, the Japs and Chinks already love PUBG. Why compete?

Japs can't into (making) shooters.

wait, hold on, so which companies are you guys just sooooo afraid of tackling on the battle royale genre instead of games they "should" be making?

They can, they just don't sell because they aren't CoD.

from purely a gameplay point of view the game type is retarded. The best strategy is to find a safe corner and camp.

why are you so intimidated by the idea of nips making a clone? are you an angry gook from bluehole whose job is to post on Sup Forums?

Because making shitty clones of existing games is for chinks.
Japs complain they get motion sickness from playing FPS.
Few Japs have gaming spec desktop PCs.

from purely a gameplay point of view, the game allows players to go about the course of the match how they want. over half of the people die after the first circle

now i know you're an ESL gook. chinks don't actually make games that sell worldwide. not all nips get motion sickness. nips would make it for consoles

It survived ASSFAGGOTS, it's can survive this.

But yes, look forward to a decade of AM I PUB GEE YET WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING.

They don't sell because they are shit.

Name ONE nip shooter that isn't F2P/P2W or single-player-story-mode trash.

>"Popular genre that everyones playing is going to kill the industry"

Everytime something new happens and gets successful we always get this claim

why can't you accept different countries have different preferences in games and FPS is barely existent in Japan, much less open world survival FPS.

GTAV recently got a similar gamemode too.

>"oh they MUST have a game like this before they make it"
kekking kekkers. all the nips would have to do is simply just make the clone game -- and they will

and you can just jump off a cliff at the start, too.

doesn't make it the optimal strategy, tho

Also there's no teammate to worry about. Need to take a poop? Just find a house to afk in. You can quit a match anytime you wanted without worrying about abandon penalty bullshit.

>Sup Forums is one person

you guys are forgetting the fact that it doesn't have to be first person. first person wouldn't even work because you can't see the girls.

PUBG is third person by default but nobody plays it when FPP is available.

For competitive multiplayer games based around stealth TPP is broken.

question -- why did you even post that? do you like all those games and are defending them? because no one actually thinks Sup Forums is one person ;)

Armored Core

Name ONE nip shooter that isn't F2P/P2W or single-player-story-mode trash.

all EDF games

yet there are many third person multiplayer games. we're not talking about hardcore esports here. we're talking about a nip version

Because it's retarded to claim that all of Sup Forums agreed that games xyz will fail.

Battle royale is fun, F2P nickeldiming microtransaction crate season pass cancer is not.

You're a nongmin for not being to separate these 2 factors.

stated here

If you die an a PUBG you're throwing away the last 10-30 minutes of effort, it's not instant respawn like Splatoon or something.

It is inherently hardcore.

>Armored Core
>a giant robot game with a heavy emphasis on single player campaign proves that nips can into multiplayer FPS / shooters

hahahaha is that seriously the best you can come up with?

I see. So some people on Sup Forums are deathly against a Japanese version of PUBG. But why?

What is wrong with a new subgenre emerging, fampai? How can this fact "kill" the industry? Why do you imply that battle royale shooters can't be "good quality" games? Are you just angry that current popular thing doesn't cater to your tastes?

kek now you're trying to use your head.
nips wouldn't mind because PUBG is already #1 most played game in japan

>a series of enemy-spam third person shooters that score 60-70/100

literal trashware that can't even sell more than 100,000 units

You do realize that Armored Core has had a multiplayer scene since ps1, right?

You do realize 4, FA, V, and VD all had good multiplayer modes and coop, right?

You do realize that VD and Chromehounds had some really fucking good multiplayer features that no other generic deathmatch/capture point shooter shit has right?

The same as expecting Bethesda to try and make a cutesy anime RPG, it's simply not how they operate.

ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION, YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS HOLY SHIT

No-one is against it, just saying that the nips are fucking awful at making shooters. When asked for examples of GOOD shooters people reply "Armored Core" and "EDF", both series are complete trash and one of them barely even qualifies as a shooter.

>pubg
>battle royale
Pick ONE.

Not him, but it is literally the best game ever made.

Chromehounds was the shit but that wasn't Armored Core. Those are all still mech simulator games first and foremost. Why are you offering them as an example of shooters in a discussion of games in the vein of PUBG?
Besides the fact that you shoot things, those games have nothing in common with normal shooters/FPS games.

It literally can't even sell 100,000 copies, so what's the secret that makes it the best game that everyone is missing?

Trends comes and go, this has always ahppened in the industry. There was the game of P&C Adventures, RTS, FPS, Modern FPS, WW2 games, Survival games, horror games and a lot more.

This time it's no different. Devs will try to emulate the success of a game, some will succeed, some will fail. Eventually a new fad will appear and everyone will follow that.

>talking shit about EDF
found the newfag

Because literally the only """"good"""" example of a game in the vein of PUBG is PUBG, and you didn't specify they had to be like PUBG, goalposter.

Honestly, the fact that they are vastly different shooters is more of a plus than a negative.

He did say esports though. RNG-based mechanics have no right to be in esports at all, because it distorts the ability for a player to use skill to affect the game state (leading to worse players being able to win, like Mario Kart).

Take for example something like Dota, which has rune spawns. If it were done in the style of PUBG, a rune would randomly spawn on either side of the map at any location within that triangle, which would give one team a fairly large accidental advantage. If you're running tournament brackets trying to find the "best" team it might just boil down to whichever team had the luckiest rune spawn locations.

You're right that getting only 1 life per ~30 minutes is on the hardcore side, but the RNG mechanics in PUBG put a very, very hard cap on how hardcore it is in general.

expect the W40k battle royale very soon
the blizzard one
the jap one
the chineese one
a decade of battle royale

Fortnite is complete trash with and without battle royal mode

hi, Sup Forums

oh, fuck, i didn't even know it was an already-existing game

they've been "killing" the industry since dayz 6 years ago

Can't wait for the fallout battle royal game.

>RNG-based mechanics have no right to be in esports at all
DOTA has tons of RNG based mechanics.

Looting is distributed enough that you'd have to a real fuckup not to have at least a usable rifle, some armor and health items by 15 minutes.

It might not be OPTIMAL BUILD but then you just have to improvise your tactics a bit.

And if you actually kill a few enemies for their shit instead of hiding all game you'll be fine. The only truly broken weapons are found in crate drops.

WHY ISNT THIS CAPTURE THE FLAG

post EDF now

>it's le fun
>who cares if it's going to inspire endless early access
The problem is that its an empty shell of a game with nothing unique so even more devs will be looking to copy the formula and cash in.

Managing rng is a skill.

Are they even that many of them? I know Fortnite is doing it, but I wouldn't call FN a good game either. Nor should you be surprised that they're apeing on it, since the whole game feels like its just grabbing anything thats popular and jamming it in along with every F2P model in existence/

This guy is going to get fucked the minute anything attacks him. Even moreso when his tank dies.

EDF5 on PC when?

I just want to kill some frogs and just don't feel like using the fucking ps4.

PUBG is Korean, close enough

in case these are you webums, proteus' actual POW/DEF node is between its feet, so you should put your buffs on the inside of its feet if you don't want to waste your time:

youtu.be/wpcxA0y7jxE

Uh, I don't think that means what you think it means, sweetie.

not even out on PS4 yet

>talking shit on melt buster
>barrages of quick-reloading air strikes
>you have your wing diver idols with you

If you make loot static in a game like PUBG then the game just becomes about rushing to the good loot spawn.

RNG equalises this by giving everyone the same (dependent on quantity of loot spawn points) chance to find the same gear.

As someone else said, dealing with RNG is a measure of skill. Your drop point didn't have good gear? Better hurry to find somewhere better or figure out a good spot to ambush someone and scavenge their gear instead.

Ideally though, "competitive" PUBG would consist of several rounds with the same players, with the winners being those with the best average scores/placements.

>wow becomes popular
>millions of clones till they kill the genre

>assassins creed becomes popular
>millions of open world clones till everyone is sick of it

>ark becomes popular
>millions of survival clones

>overwatch becomes popular

>PUBG becomes popular

Aw shit, EDF thread.

youtu.be/DoVjQ2lVM10

>DOTA has tons of RNG based mechanics.
It does have minor RNG mechanics, but they're usually wrapped up in a level of determinism. Take the runes I mentioned for example, they're always in the same location but the effect is randomized. And there's an evasion stat, but it's only granted through ability learning and item purchase. The latter is a bit too random for me still, so I haven't played it in years.

>Looting is distributed enough that you'd have to a real fuckup not to have at least a usable rifle, some armor and health items by 15 minutes.
>It might not be OPTIMAL BUILD but then you just have to improvise your tactics a bit.
There's no improv to be done when an enemy lands in a building with a shotgun and you land in an empty one. The solution to make that fair would be dedicated item spawns, but then everyone would just fight over them, ruining the spirit of PUBG. It's doomed to be non-competitive in this regard.

>And if you actually kill a few enemies for their shit instead of hiding all game you'll be fine.
Yeah tell me how that goes when you try to kill someone with a 4x scope AR and you just have a shotgun. Killing players is done for meds really -- if you can kill them, you're already better-kitted 90% of the time.

It is, but it also has nothing to do with the game at hand. You have Olympic shooting events, and the skill they're measuring is whether the Olympian can hit the target. Some asswipe swaps out guns so that they have a 50% chance to jam, and if an Olympian's gun jams when they try to shoot, it counts as 0 points.

When you throw RNG in there, you're not measuring how good the player is at the game anymore. You're judging them on something completely different.

beautiful. strange place to put it

good thing this OC is only 2 days old. behold the fruits of 50000 hours spent in paint.net