Divinity: Original Sin 2

Enjoying the game Sup Forums?

no, I don't enjoy games.

get out

How does summoning work?Do i need to dump into int or can i just dump into summoning without any int

yeah

Yes. How about a phoenix omelette?

>nu-Sup Forums

the latter

Lucky Charm or another in persuation?

Should I invest in wits as a rogue for the crit chance boost? And would human or dwarf be better for rogue?

Shieet so into doesn't influence the summons that is noice.
What is something good t ospec into for a summoner?

>first time fighting Dallis
>game tells me to flee because I'm not strong enough
>proceed with battle expecting to get my shit pushed in
>defending the NPCs
>suddenly absolutely demolishing the enemies
>could totally win this
>major NPC finishes a spell they were casting and the fight ends

COME ON

Persuasion can be insanely helpful later on, lucky charm is neat but since the gear scaling is so fucking outrageous it's usually better to just buy/steal from merchants every level or 2.

>not killing Dallis the first time you see her outside of Fort Joy

Casuals should go

literally anything

>Buying gear is better than getting it for free

yea sure

Well you can just steal whatever you need, pickpocket is incredibly powerful. But in terms of usefulness Lucky Charm doesn't provide anything that you can't get elsewhere whereas persuasion unlocks a lot of dialogue options that can lead to better options later on.

Well you can have 4characters...

Incarnates scale off nothing but Summoning level as far as I know, so if thats what you're going for you can use it with literally any other skill. Though a skill that can generate some kind of terrain on demand can be helpful if you're looking to summon specific Incarnates.

>Cloaked Figure opens up with meteor shower and fucking slobber-knocks half the boat
>Expect to get absolutely obliterated
>Just stands there casting piddly Staff of the Magus and that lava blood spell that doesn't seem to actually do anything

One character should have persuasion. I have my Sebille with 4 points into lucky charm and it's been netting the party lots of really good items. Mostly rare and above now.

I was going to use Sebille to open locked doors. Doesnt really matter when I can just break them open

How viable is Lone Wolf? I'm not used to turn based games and I don't want to have to control four characters.

Does the person with Lucky charm needs to be the one opening containers

do it but specialize in magic or projectiles

melee is underpowered in this shitty ass game

Would going back to OS1 after playing this be too much of a step backwards?

Oh,poor user.

what god favors you if you roll undead?
(not fane but generic undead)

Thanks.

is 16 wits enough for all secret stuff?

So weapons of a higher level than you drop in accuracy, but is there a downside to wearing level 14 armor at level 11?

I believe so

>melee is underpowered
Literally the opposite is true.

only if you level up necromancer, otherwise its shit

while you waste your action points moving from place to place, fucking mages nuke you with status effects

Real talk, is it even possible to do that without cheating/cheesing?

no, the new armor system is anti-fun as fuck

Or use Phoenix Dive

Yeah, it's actually pretty fun.

Not really. Don't know why but I can never seem to get into Larian's games for some reasons, maybe it's the atmosphere or the writing style. Kinda pains me to see everyone praising this game (and the first) to hell and back when it just doesn't click with me

Get out eter

Does Perseverance not activate via stun if your character has immunity to stun?

you have bad taste. probably some fucking dumbass weeb.

>are you having fun?
>but don't reply if you're not, every complaint, even if it's justified, is just you being a crybaby
off yourself kiddo

>Initiative was extremely powerful in D:OS1 => in D:OS2 it's completely useless.
>Action Point inflation was an issue in D:OS1 => in D:OS2 action points are so few that it's hard to value actions appropriately and almost straight-jackets the dynamics.
>Effects were sometimes swingy in D:OS1, and it was sometimes hard to know if something would succeed or not => in D:OS2 it's completely binary and utterly predictable.
>Plebs had issues understanding simple stats in D:OS1 =>in D:OS2 the stats are so simplified, uninteresting and homogenized that they might as well not exist.
What went wrong, bros?

You want to max lucky charm on one and thieving on another. Combined they give you more gear than you could hope to carry.
Critical part is to max them and get as much gear for them as possible, since they scale like crazy. First 1-4 levels are alright. 5+ it gets insane.

Best start is probably to pick the talent that gives another civil point and put your first 3 into lucky charm to roll tons of free blue gear in fort joy.

Any idea what tag that is user?

Does anyone else have like a finish all quests kind of deal? By the time I finished the first Area fort joy, I had about 5 exit choices as well as killed every person who would raise a weapon against me.

Is being an undead the only way to win this battle of wits?

>change a system to make the game harder
>"its not fun anymore!"
Crying kid summarizes you pretty accurately though.

Wits is useless. The initiative is broken beyond belief. The critical chance is always 1% per point. It's ridiculous how bad it is.

I'm sorry you're so shortsighted, bye

>first game was hard enough with the added bonus of being fun
what did he mean by this

Not everything that makes the game harder is a good addition. Armor system is way more tedious than it is challenging.

I thought so too the first hour or two.
Then I stopped being shit.

Yeah very much so. Got my ass kicked by that voidwoken outside of Fort Joy on Classic. Made a tactical retreat, found the hideout, sold all my shit and resupplied. Going to kill that fucker tomorrow.

I love the combat, although I do get the issue many people have with armor. However, it definitely adds a strategic layer and difficult, no matter how 'cheesy' it is.

Keep the tears flowing kid.

Nah, the armor system is great. It adds a new layer of and forces you to rethink all the meta strategies for the first game. The only real issue is that it may be too bloated on tactician and some skills shouldn't be affected by it, but are (taunt).

Besides that, you're literally a baby crying for easy mode.

>and forces you to rethink all the meta strategies for the first game
The only strategy that is added is "Be the best at DPT to win the damage race so that you can finally cast a spell and have them work", not counting shit like teleports.

Wits is useless, crit chance bonus is minor and initiative is a total lie. No matter what you'll never have more than 1 party member make the first move in combat before enemies start, even if your whole party has a higher initiative than every foe

No it's great, forces you to play differently, that with the short turns due to having very little AP are the best changes.

But it forces you to play the same way every time. Just damage the armor until you can do something other than pure damage.

So has the promised tool kit been released yet? Are there mods and shit? Or is it just an empty promise?

The same was true with the first game except it mostly went CC then damage. This time there's damage being traded before you can CC and with the two armor types and reworked AI, it makes for more interesting fights, especially against multiple enemies with different armor values.

There are mods already.

Anyone got any tips for an Inquisitor build?

Is it possible to steal shit without leaving a crime scene?

Everytime I steal stuff i get questioned to the wrong character and they can't talk themselves out of it.

IS THERE A DRAWFAG ON RADEKA YET
THERE NEEDS TO BE A DRAWFAG ON RADEKA
Does she have any concept art?

>use PC's source shield
>have an NPC with lots of leadership
>stack everyone inside
>win every fight

well that's nice

And then you run out of source.

Just run a 'clean' (no stolen gear) character into range. They'll question and search the first guy they encounter then eventually calm down and never bother you again.

If I'm not mistaken, when an NPC searches you, they're only looking for their own stolen stuff

I let people search me while wearing gear stolen from other vendors and they said I came up clean and let me go

is the game worth 50 dolars?

Ohh right.

So keep the guy busy with conversation, steal everything make the stealer leave end convo with clean character and wait for them to question the clean character and it'll work almost every time?

How do you cross the river to get to the bridgekeeper's house? I need to save the boy's mom.

Anybody many regions this game has?
Today I arrived at the nameless isle and while it doesn't feel like this should be the final area I'm still getting the feeling that it is.

>TFW no GF that reeks of shit and is wearing BDSM gear and sticks her tongue down your throat and starts vomiting cockroaches into your mouth
WHY
EVEN
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

it doesn't cost 50 dollars but I might have paid as much. The last time I got so much enjoyment from a RPG was actually OS1.

So I managed to get out of some fights by picking the right dialogue choices. Can I still attack and get the exp for kills?

The two fights so far are the fire slugs and the dog room. Will killing any of these fuck something up later?

Dumb question, but does anyone know where jahan is?

Torrent where?

>useless
You should have at least one character with high wits, to find the hidden stuff.

Second floor of the mayors house
The building connected to the bathroom where you got the summoning triangle

I meant the 2nd game haha

>Get a romance scene with Lohse
>She acts like a shy teenager, even wants to play spin the bottle
>Expect it to fade to black any second after the two of you strip
>It keeps going and describing what's happening in way more detail than I expected

does starting as an actual story character change anything? I don't really consider redoing the same main quest line with different abilities as replayable when I already know the objectively best routes from the first run. If there are slightly different paths then i'd be worth it if custom character and all of the story character have slight changes.

>phoenix dive
>blitz attack
>bull rush
>rush attack
>wings + flight
>backlash
>cloak and dagger
Yep, melee totally don't have any close gappers whatsoever.

2 questions, folks.

1. Is my game bugged, or enemy turns take forever?

2. Is there a patch for the pirated gog version yet?

Near the broken bridge

Nah. Finding the hidden entrance to an archive needed 33 wits for me. Not sure if it's also level based somehow (I was quite underleveled for that part of the map).

>reeks of shit
Only about half of the time
The other half she smells like flowers

I started my character as a metamorph. Should I branch off into something else as well?

A surprisingly large amount of NPCs treat you differently and give you unique dialog options based on your origin, and the personal character stories can be pretty in-depth

I couldn't keep a straight face with any of the romance scenes because of the narrator
sebille licking your nipples and dicks becomes a lot less erotic when that guy is the one telling you whats happening

Has a lot of fucking problems but yeah im having fun overall

Act 2 is becoming a slog at the end though

Fug I just had to use my first res scroll, was hoping for a deathless run. I got impatient and wanted some combat, so went into the graveyard underleveled and fought the dog that summons the giant bone troll. Mistakes were made.

I got through a cellar in the house in the cemetary. Might be able to approach it from the north.

You can beat him after reading 3 books, the Essence of Existence 1-3

You have another full chapter after that, the big city of the game

But user, you have to kill people to progress in the game. You can't have a deathless run.

There will always be death when you play.

it's strong if playing with only two characters. soloing on lone wolf is only really possible with either a summoner or rogue