I will play a skyrim playthrough as a mage on Legendary...

I will play a skyrim playthrough as a mage on Legendary. Is it so challenging that I should use a 1-handed sword 10% of the time? Or rely only on spells? Also light armor or the 'mage armor' perk in the alteration tree (I will use alteration regardless)?

>Legendary
Don't bother, it just makes enemies into super damage sponges and forces you to minmax and abuse smithing. Also, even on normal destruction spells scale very poorly.

What about master?

It was just as bad. Unless you get a mod that tweaks damage values in fair ways, like 3x both outgoing and incoming, playing on anything but normal doesn't feel very rewarding.

Would legendary be fun if I used exploits to level up unnecessary skills quickly? That way I would get a head start on perks and HP. Still boring or no?

Bump, in hopes of this being answered

That's going to make it even worse with the level scaling

Just play requiem

>Skyrim
n'wah

That will probably fuck something up with level scaling. If you're on PC, I'd just download some combat overhaul mod, like Combat Evolved or Wildcat.

Now, for playing on Legendary as a mage, definitely head down the alteration tree as soon as possible, and keep an absorb enchanted weapon. But definitely keep a weapon with you, there are some enemies almost COMPLETELY immune to spells. Light armour might be the better choice until you get the necessary perks into Alteration. I'd keep the difficulty at Adept, anything above it starts to favour the enemies. Your damage will decrease and theirs will increase. Adept keeps it balanced, UNLESS you actually want to incredibly weaker.

Thank you

it wont be challenging in the way you might want it to be, OP. cranking the difficulty up to legendary just makes enemies deal mondo damage to you, and you deal nothing to them. all it serves to do is extend fights, because the A.I doesn't change whatsoever. they will still pull all the cheap and poorly coded shit, like the running backwards at sprinting speeds while tossing frost spells at you.

honestly legendary only serves to highlight how poorly thought out the game is. you're better off with a combat mod if you want a challenge, but even then there is only so much lipstick you can put on that pig

Legendary is fun and really hard. It's the only way to play the game if you are already basically an expert at it. The only time I had to lower the difficulty was when fighting the frost troll and saber cats at low level on the way up to the greybeards.

Play as a high elf warrior and wear light armor; your height scales everything up, making your sword longer and your move-speed faster. This allows you to hit enemies with your extremely long greatsword and then quickly back out of the way of their counterattack. Try playing this way with a short race like breton and you will notice a huge difference particularly in your movement speed.

Become a necromage vampire for ultimate power

I still plan on playing as Breton since im using pretty much only magic. Are there any parts that get boring or tedious on legendary?

ANY DWEMER RUIN! Worse still if there's any falmer inside. Fucking avoid them at all costs.

Skyrim has amazingly limited actual 'gameplay', how is making it harder going to make it more fun? The combat is clunky and has basically very little to do with skill. I'm not saying it's a shit game per say, just that the combat element of it isn't really skill based in a way that different difficulty would actually make it more interesting.

Will being a vampire make legendary worth it?

get a mod that lets you tweak damage values, also get ordinator, ultimate combat, and whatever spell packs seem interesting to you

Bumping for this

eh, if you get a vampirism mod then sure

With Dawnguard installed, with the boosts from siding with the Vampires, maybe. It'll be better than the werewolf at least.

Is there any good mods that make staff combat better? I have Ordinator which is nice for the talents, but I'd want something for more the staves.

Skyrim on legendary played without exploits from lvl1 is the hardest game ever made, harder than all Souls games combined.

>skyrim
>challenging
You meant this like it's challenging to not get bored and leave for a better actual challenging game?