Go online

>go online
>everybody and their moms are playing the same top tier character and you have to do so if you want to win

>TF2
>Quake Champions
>Overwatch
All the class based games are like this

>playing MP games where a "character" matters

>always pick a niche character and be one of the few to be decent with them
I love doing this and theyre almost always my favorites. It's especially nice when you shit on a top-tier character who thinks theyll win every time because of tiers

*reported*

Thank god i don't play a shit game like OW or league where this is an actual thing.

EVE online is the only top tier online. Discus?

*reported again for toxic*

>online banter in most games is now dead because of the dreaded D word
sad world, desu

You could always just get good.

>your favorite style / character is bottom tier
>always have this excuse when lose
>play the best characters in secret
>absolute shit with them

T*

banter is dead because you needed sportmanship in greater measure
the people that have only been negative never had a place till the online console era

There's no better feeling than maining a class or character you like but is middling in the meta, only to have everything else stronger be nerfed until your favorite is the new gold standard.

it's almost like tiers in non-turn based games are meaningless and someone who enjoys X character can still win barring no extreme stat differences.

modern sports were a mistake.

>sportmanship
Name a sport that has this.
You cant.

Nah, it is more like there are people who will never become good in anything, no matter how many time they sink in the game.

>go online
>beat people with shit tier characters because your skill level is so high you're still better than them even while gimped

the etymology of sportsmanship is not relevant to its definition

Literally Isaac Frost in Fight Night Champion.

wow your mum must be so proud of you!

I'm a disappointment to my mother and my family

>pick an unpopular but interesting character and get really got with him
>the character gets buffed in the next patch and now everybody thinks you're a faggot and you only picked him because he's overpowered as fuck

It's called being a contrarian, all of Sup Forums is like this

>Know the matchup
>Crush them utterly
You'll never rise above your station, you maggot

>character you love is strong but easily fought if you arent a retard

>gets his entire kit nerfed and his escape unnecessarily nerfed as well
Fucking hi-rez ruining raijin, the only fucking escape in the game that can be interrupted no problem making it useless.

good*

God forbid you can't call somebody a faggot online, how is this bad?

You just want to be toxic, to be toxic.
You guys ruin games.

>Buy linkins
>win

Wow that wasn't so hard

Online """gaming""" was a mistake. The only acceptable form of multiplayer is playing with friends.

>friends

>Character was considered bottom tier when I started playing her
>Now considered to have fantastic combo game
Not quite as bad as being a Lucas player from Brawl who picked up Ness in Sm4sh but still

i was talking about a period in 2015 when he became ridiculously overpowered in the early game and then they nerfed him like crazy. scorched earth gave him a shit ton of regen and a shit ton of speed, and it dealt a shit ton of damage. i think that was also when they added a stun to the burning blade.

>friends

infernal blade*

>can't play online games where I'm bad at
welp

Tierwhores stopped playing Elphelt when Johnny's won every tourny and I've only seen about 2 Amane Nishikis in netplay so I'm pretty average on my hipster status.

Nah, you're wrong actually.