Rank them

Rank them.

Morrowind>Daggerfall>Oblivion>Arena>Skyrim

Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim

Arena and Daggerfall are hard to put in there since they're such different games (and I haven't played Arena)

arena: n/a didn't play enough of it
daggerfall: 7/10
morrowind: 8.5/10
oblivion: 6.5/10
skyrim: 6/10

morrowind >>>>>>> daggerfall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oblivion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> braphole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> skyrim

Actual Ranking:
>Skyrim > Oblivion > Morrowind > 2.5dshit

Sup Forums muh oldschool contrarian ranking
>Morrowind > Oblivion > uhhh maybe all these older ones that people say are good but i've never played since im underage???? > Shit > Skyrim

This
Arena and Daggerfall are purely nostalgic material, they're not bad games but they have a lot of stuff that new players will find arduous, though you should play them at least once to get an idea of what was a true open world game where every NPC is killable.

you couldn't kill the npcs in daggerfall

I will rank the cover arts instead.

Oblivion > Morrowind > Daggerfall > Skyrim > Arena

First one I played > the rest

Skyrim > Morrowind > Oblivion > Arena > Daggerfall

Morrowind>Oblivion>Daggerfall>Arena>Skyrim

On another note why do so many fantasy games take place in the same setting? Morrowind and Shivering Isles aside pretty much everything devs churn out is the same generic green lands fantasy.

The reason why it bothers me is in the lore of the game literally every other country/island/location is so much fucking cooler. Why not make a game there?

>though you should play them at least once to get an idea of what was a true open world game where every NPC is killable.

Maybe you should because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I never played Arena, but in terms of gameplay:
Morrowind
Daggerfall
Skyrim
Oblivion

In terms of graphics/aesthetics:
Skyrim
Morrowind (with graphical mods)
Daggerfall
Morrowind (vanilla)
Oblivion

Morrowind has a huge number of flaws but it's still far and away one of the best RPGs ever made. Anyone giving it less than a 9/10 is wrong.

You're absolutely right but we're never ever getting a AAA game like that again. Normies would bitch out.

Oblivion and Dragon Age: Origins are where I became an "old fag" in terms of RPGs. I just don't see how people liked either of them, such huge downgrades from Morrowind and Baldur's Gate 2.

Oblivion=Daggerfall>Skyrim>Arena>>>>>>>>>>>Morrowind

>skyrim shitters putting morrowind that high
>above oblivion at that
yeah no, they call it old shit for grandpas.

Morrowind=oblivion=skyrim>daggerfall>>>arena

this was made by a skyrimbabby. skyrimjob is worse than oblivion in every way except mods can not fix it

Morrowind > Skyrim = Oblivion

Skyrim > Oblivion > TES64/TES Wolfenstein 3d > Morrowind

Bethesda did nothing wrong, Heil Howard

Any rpg where mobs level as you do is a textbook case of poor design

Right up there with rubberband ai

Morrowind was a huge fluke, it can happen again. Just takes a team of people actually passionate about the game and writers given free reign to come up with cool concepts.

All these Kickstarter RPGs would have been much better if they had competent writers instead of the lead devs always taking control and putting their shitty fanfic tier stories in.

>The reason why it bothers me is in the lore of the game literally every other country/island/location is so much fucking cooler. Why not make a game there?
Watch as Todd pulls some Cyrodill tier retcon bullshit in the next TES and makes one of the more interesting provinces into more boring European forests.

Real talk now.
TES VI is probably still a long way off but what do you expect from it?
Do you think they will further casualize it? I don't think VI will ever surpass Skyrim in popularity and mass appeal tbqh, we might see a more focused approach this time.

>On another note why do so many fantasy games take place in the same setting?

Because they usually sell much more and it's incredibly hard to pull off a unique setting.

Just look at the Infinity Engine games, there's a reason Icewind Dale and Baldur's gate both got expansions and sequels and Planescape: Torment didn't. The only sales numbers for Planescape: Torment are from one of the devs working on it and he said it sold 400k copies, compared to the 2 million Baldur's Gate sold.

It's the same with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. The 2 with bland settings sold far better.

Ideally, Bethesda will add back more RPG elements because they have a fuckhueg audience who will buy it anyways.
Realistically, it will be even more dumbed down. There will be a voiced protag whose race is predefined, two dialogue options (a smiley face and a frowny face), two spells (hurt and heal), and three skills (combat, sneak, and magic).

My top 3 are Morrowind, Oblivion, and Daggerfall.
I was probably 15/16ish when Oblivion dropped (I don't remember the release year) and didn't get into it at all. I tried it again years later and had a good bit of fun with it, without mods first. Watching folks play Morrowind brings back a lot of nostalgia, but it barely holds my attention anymore. I played the shit out of that game, though. Daggerfall I played last but it has features I would love to see improved upon and adapted to more modern tech.

>Do you think they will further casualize it?

It's about as casual as it can get right now. I expect the series will stay around this level of complexity for the foreseeable future. They will keep trying to add in new features like the basebuilding in Fallout 4 but the game will never reach the depth of Morrowind again.

skyrim < arena < oblivion < daggerfall < morrowind < redguard < battlespire

Daggerfall>Morrowind>Skyrim>Oblivion>Arena

>battlespire scamps

>all these virgin contrarians putting the first 2 games above Skyrim

Haven't played Arena or Daggerfall, so I'll leave those out of my ranking

Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion

Redguard>Morrowind>Oblivion>Battlespire>Daggerfall>Arena

Use a name so that I can filter you

I like them all and have done multiple playthroughs of each.

>the only person who actually played them all doesn't rank them
well fuck you

Nah