MvC:I Bombing

>Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite has bombed hard for Capcom, with the fighting game debuting behind the Nintendo Switch port of Pokken Tournament DX at number 12 in the UK.

>The fighting game sequel, the fourth entry in Capcom's popular Marvel vs Capcom franchise, released to a reasonably positive critical reception, though many have complained about its lack of content at launch, echoing the criticisms of Street Fighter V. It seems that these criticisms have affected the game's performance in the UK, with it debuting at number 12 in Chart-Track's top 40.

>This means that the game debuted behind Pokken Tournament DX, another new release last week that launched exclusively on the Switch. While the Pokemon brand is undoubtedly strong, Pokken Tournament DX appealed to a much more niche market than Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, which also had the added benefit of launching on the PS4, Xbox One and PC (though Chart-Track only accounts for retail sales, not digital downloads).

>While the game charted at number 12 in the all platform sales chart, in the individual sales chart it fared even worse, with its PS4 version debuting at number 16 and the Xbox One version of the game not even making the top 40. With Street Fighter V having been roundly criticized for launching with minimal content, it could be that the similar complaints leveled at Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite has dissuaded many from picking up the game. Or perhaps the fighting game genre in general is suffering from fatigue, as suggested by Dring, and Marvel vs Capcom is merely a casualty of this. We'll have to wait and see if it fares better in other regions, but either way this isn't good news for Capcom.

gamerevolution.com/news/349389-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-bombs-capcom-selling-fewer-copies-pokken-tournament-dx

So is MvC going to join Darkstalkers, Final Fight, etc. as the latest in the long string of dead Capcom franchises?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/854622/PS4-vs-Nintendo-Switch-sales-figures-news
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Marvel forces their shitty cinematic universe characters into the game
>Ike Perlmutter forces the "no X-Men" bullshit because FOX is the devil and Cyclops a second Hitler
>game bombs
They deserve it.

Literally what they deserve for treating the Capcom characters like shit in the story, the god awful roster, the lack of polish and care, and the biggest insult the fucking abhorrent music.

But it's fun!

>YFW the game that ranked just below MvCI on all platforms was BOXED DOWNLOAD CODES for Pokemon Gold/Silver on 3DS eShop.

>MvCI could barely beat empty boxes and download codes for a 17 year old rom.

>It also lost to Knack 2, which is over two weeks older than MvC:I

Let that sink in, friends.

>make shitty game
>get shitty sales
WOW, HOW SURPRISING!

the game is garbage and everyone knows it. The only people who 'like' this game are the ones getting paid to like the game. But I will praise this game for exposing all the shills, since it was only a few months ago when most of them were shitting on SF5 for a lot of different reasons. DBZF also fucked this game hard, that beta weekend being just days before marvel came out had to be a kick in the dick to capcom.

>It's another MvC:I thread

We get it. It sold poorly because of muh graphix and muh x-men. Stop running this shit into the ground.

When will Capcom just give up?

When SFXT bombed, they blamed it on the overs saturated market. Yet every other fighter has sold well. No one likes their games anymore.

street fighter is next, crapcom has run their fighting games into the fucking ground and only the most delusional dicksuckers still support them

Isn't the Pokken port on the Switch doing better than MVC:I?

Nintendo fans will buy literally anything.

SFxT was ruined by DLC practices, nothing really wrong with the game. SFV and MvC:I are both spear-headed by Capcom USA. Capcom JP needs to concentrate on getting more GOOD in-house talent than outsourcing all their shit.

Turns out when you ruin your reputation with your consumer base it leads to fewer sales.

>While the Pokemon brand is undoubtedly strong, Pokken Tournament DX appealed to a much more niche market than Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite,
Anyone who thinks Pokemon is a bigger brand than post MCU Marvel is a moron

You don't understand. UK is Sony country, a SWITCH port outsold fucking MvC:I on PS4. Let that sink in.

The MvCI gameplay looks fun but I can't get over how shit the game looks. The small roster, horrible models etc make the game look like it was completely phoned in and makes me not want to even play it.

meanwhile dragon ball z fighter looks so good it's giving me a chub just thinking about it.

express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/854622/PS4-vs-Nintendo-Switch-sales-figures-news

>391529117
Why are there so many shills out trying to push sales drama?

The game only has 10/10 gameplay and the graphics are shit agreed, but who keeps going out of their way to make these threads?

SF2 on the Switch is doing better than MVCI. I don't thing it has anything to do with buying anything more as MVCI is just that much crap.

Hello, Reddit.

Tell us again about how great and diverse the Dragonball roster will be and how terrible marvel is.

>You don't understand. UK is Sony country, a SWITCH port outsold fucking MvC:I on PS4 and Xbox One combined.

Fixed it for you.
>"b-but Xbox One sucks."
Games on it still sell, making Pokken's victory even better.

>Order 66

>in the UK.
Wow, who cares?

Combofiend, shouldn't you be playing Bionic Commando or something?

>Capcom basically threatens Nintendo fans saying that USFII will determine future third party support
>Game sold at bargain price
>Nintendo fans starved for launch titles that aren't BotW
>No colossal smear campaign telling you not to buy it
>Hurr y it outsell

I was literally only talking about the animations and art style.

>The game only has 10/10 gameplay
I love that this is all shills can do to push the game, they can't say that anything else about it is redeeming with a straight face or without getting instantly laughed at. The gameplay looks mediocre, at best.

Oh, does the small roster affect the graphics in some way?

Oh wait, no, it doesn't. But it's another generic complaint you can lob at the game. You know you don't get upvotes here, right?

>THPS2
CUT MY LIFE TO PIECES, THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

quite fitting.

I'll give you graphics, since MVCI is a trainwreck, but no way in hell DBFZ will have a bigger roster than MVCI. Just saying.

B-b-b-b-but muh r/kappa

>UK

There's your problem. No one good even plays fighting games in the UK. They've always been worse than the US and borderline with south america so who cares.

MvCi and Pokken are both shit still though but try a little harder OP.

DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF I SCRAPE MY KNEE SKATIN'

Its a crossover game.
All crossover games need fanservice in their roster and with how they treat the characters.
MvC:I has shit fanservice, its roster sucks (if there's nobody you want to play as, why play?) and the characters are treated as functions rather than with respect.

You could make a 30 character MvC game without Xmen and it would still be good, but Capcom was lazy and wanted e-sport money.

combofiend just fucking go. Do you have personal stock invested in mvc:i?

Hey there John D. How's it feel being left behind ?

>Sup Forums always talks about how gameplay is all that matters and that they would play a storyless game with individual pixels as characters as long as the gameplay was good
>Game comes out with minimalist interface, dated graphics, and a bunk story mode, but stellar gameplay
>LOL IT'S SHIT THANK GOD IT'S DEAD

People stopped buying Capcom games when they realized they'll just get fucked over when Capcom releases the Ultimate Turbo Special Edition for full price in a year.

>Game sold at bargain price
It was $40 for a slightly updated version of the $15 Turbo HD Remix

Marvel vs Capcom was never a popular series. Only FGC has a hard-on for it.

>All crossover games need fanservice in their roster and with how they treat the characters.

>You could make a 30 character MvC game without Xmen and it would still be good, but Capcom was lazy and wanted e-sport money.

Which is it, retard?

>10/10 gameplay

Game has good gameplay, not 10/10. And it's just for now, you have no idea what kind of broken shit players are going to find that could potentially fuck the game like TAC infinites in 3.

The gameplay being good does not forgive the lack of care and polish the game deserved. Gutting the cast to sell as future DLC, and the absolutely dogshit story mode. This game would have been legitimately better if the story mode was left out, it was that bad.

>The game only has 10/10 gameplay and the graphics are shit agreed
What? Only shills like Wong say this, gameplay is 7/10 best.

Graphics are shit, roster is shit, content is shit, the so promissed story is laughable that can't compete with the successful cheese of any weeb shit like Blazblue, much less the award winner MK9.

Reddit activism/review bombing isn't a valid critique.

SF4's upgrade system was a thousand times superior to this season pass bullshit we deal with now.

r/kappa has been pushing their anti-capcom agenda here hard lately

This is why video games are dead. Presentation trumps gameplay and the plebs eat this shit up.

Also, I'm willing to bet r/kappa has downvoted Infinite a good chunk.

Well Pokken is fun since it's a fresh take on a game that almost everybody has played

MVC is like every fighter that's not Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat and always was a niche. What's hurting the game the most is the shit roster

>new marvel universe characters only
>crapcom's side is filled with stupid characters
>bionic arm, 2 ghost n goblin characters, 2 megaman characters, 2 resi evil characters

there's just nothing new in it from the past game

>You could make a 30 character MvC game without Xmen and it would still be good
Both sides has a lot of good characters, even if you can't use Sentinel in the game why not including Huitzil or the robot from Lost Planet, even you can replace Magneto with Graviton.

>people defending capcom and this game
>people deluding themselves that this game has amazing gameplay

This game flopping is entirely Capcom's fault.

I'm still mad about MvC3. I'm never paying Crapcom for another game again.

Good.

Shame this will only push Capcom deeper into the shitter and. Murder another franchise, but they had it coming.

>>the future of fighting games is history mode

The game will live and die based on whether it's entertaining in Tournaments. It could have legs if it does well at Evo.

>Fucking Capcom jews, why do I have to buy a brand new version of the game to play with my friends? Just make it DLC already and make the balance patches free
>What the fuck, Capcom? Season passes? I don't want to spend money on new characters. Fuck the balance patches. What was wrong with the old system? Go back to that.
>Fucking capcom jews etc.

This is out? When did it get released?

>people defending SFV
>people defending MVCI
>people defending MHW
>people defending IT'S MEGA TIME
This is why video games are dead.

To be fair, the UMvC3 fiasco was likely fueled by Disney and their retardation with revoking the Marvel license to concentrate on in-house Marvel games. That's why Jill and Shuma got taken down as DLC.

No bitch. We gone complain over and over and over and over again until they fucking understand this shit isn't acceptable. Don't fucking say you learned from the last fuck up and then fuck up even HARDER. They're getting what they deserve. Treat your customers correctly and shit like this won't happen.

capcom gave up

>Presentation trumps gameplay and the plebs eat this shit up
Injustice 2 has a better roster, even the fanservice is way better. There's no way Capcom can surpass Hellboy in Injustice 2.

ArcSys has had story mode for decades, it was good enough for weebs and never got in the way of gameplay, if Capcom only had the competence to make both.

Huge tournament views do not stop Street Fighter V being the worst selling Street Fighter game to date. It's sad that people are actually giving Capcom money for $4 bikini costumes.

it will do well at evo 'this year' because it will be new. the true test will be to see if it survives after that, since it's likely a lot of new tech will be out by next july, and some of it might just be t he most boring shit on the planet

SCR last weekend was so dumb to watch, everyone using reality stones and tag switches every other second, that dormammu combo which seemingly goes on forever, and a whole fuckton of gammora because her hitboxes are disjointed or something, don't know the specifics on why she's picked so often

Sup Forumsappa was a mistake

>This is why video games are dead. Presentation trumps gameplay and the plebs eat this shit up.

Injustice 2 is a very high quality game with a lot of content and things to do that targeted the average gamer.

MvC:I is a low budget game with heaps of problems but above average gameplay that tried to target both the average gamer and the hardcore, yet pleasing no one.

One game set a goal and achieved it, the other didn't.

>Stellar gameplay
Boy I sure love all the stones being worthless unless it's Reality/Soul and I love Dormammu/Ultron dominating shit effortlessly

Dormammu/Ultron is actually fun to play as but why the fuck did they give that thorns special to anyone, shit is so broken

>Sure, sure, literally everything else is shit but the gameplay is amazing
It's really weird how all the big failures lately try to push this narrative
I saw it with Lawbreakers, I've seen it with this
no nigger, the gameplay is only passable
it only feels that way in relation to the shit everything else

>the robot from Lost Planet
Right it worked for for Tatsunoku Vs Capcom I'm certain they could have pulled another giant character from the marvel side to replace sentinel

More like

>All of Capcom's talent left

>This is why video games are dead. Presentation trumps gameplay and the plebs eat this shit up.
gameplay doesnt cost 90% of your budget, graphics presentation soundtracks etc. do. if youre just going to make good gameplay, then sell it for $30 as an online multiplayer only game.

>literally fuck up proportions this bad
>get so fucking lazy that they dont even make unique models for the characters, just retexture em
fuck this game

I thought all the capcom songs were top notch.
Admittedly, it's weird that every avenger's song is a take on the avengers theme to the point where you can't tell them apart, but you know.

>There exists people that honest to god think that MvC:I looks better then 3 in any way
And this is why i'm not a donor.

Sucks that has little to no sales. That would hinder the online lifespan. I just got it on monday after watching nemesis/haggar matches plowing through dormamus and ultrons, super entertaining.
I kind of wanna get good with my favorite characters this time because last game I was forced to go doom/vergil.

It's not the worst selling SF though.

Devil Dinosaur.

Unless they add the stupid girl.

>The game will live and die based on whether it's entertaining in Tournaments
Being popular on EVO isn't more profitable than counting lifetime sales, Capcom is learning this the hard way. Professional players loving it doesn't outweight the millions of casuals that play like shit but at least can enjoy other modes.

>>people defending MHW

You have to bet legit retarded for getting mad at people for thinking that MHW looks promising.

If anything killed gaming it's cynical shits like you.

MVCI didn't take us for a ride. It just wanted our movie tickets

>MVCI's gameplay
>Good
yeah man that reality stone and dormammu carpet so fun

KYS shill
Fucking DBFZ has a better neutral with instant teleports

Both.

There are enough non-Xmen Marvel characters that they could have used to make a good roster.

Starlord
Groot as a standalone
Black Panther
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Venom
A fuckton of Spiderman villains like Dr. Octopus and the Goblin.
Punisher or Winter Soldier
Black Widow
Daredevil
Loki
Howard the Duck

I don't even read Marvel comics, but those are just a few I know from movies and TV. Also that's not counting those cut from UMvC 3 like Iron Fist, She Hulk, Shuma and MODOK.

There's nothing Marvel can do to tell Capcom what characters to put in so there's no excuse as to why the Capcom side sucks.

no-one plays fighters on the sw-

No, gameplay and presentation need to be equal to anyone who isn't a retard. When Street Fighter 2 released and made history it didn't look like something some fucking interns made on a druken afternoon. It didn't have absolute shit music like MvC:I either.

How did Capcom wrong you and treat you like shit?

You asked for arcade mode, you got an arcade mode.

You asked for story mode, you got a story mode.

You complained about Chun Li and Dante's faces, they fixed both of them in the main game.

You complained about netcode and lobbies, both of those were improved.

You complained about settings not being saved in training mode, now you have that AND online training mode.

But what? They have a season pass? You can't play an irrelevant character that was only popular for a blip in the 90s? Even when they fix mistakes, you faggots still post Chun Li images like Capcom just ignored your criticism. They actively tried to make the game better and learn from their failures but all you do is bitch. So fuck you. Fuck every single one of you. You only care about superficial nonsense like muh soul or muh nostalgia. Even if they dedicated the next two years to X-Men DLC, you won't buy the game. You've already made up your mind. Everything but the gameplay matters to you, so fuck it. This game isn't for you. Never will be.

>MvCI shitposting thread is up
>DBFZ hype thread is up
Like clockwork.

Imagine leading lives this fucking sad.

>They didn't even put in any Inhumans character
Ike loves so very much in.

Is Perlmutter shooting himself in the foot constantly because of two movies companies out of spite?

This is the new DmC: Devil May Cry.

It is the worst selling mainline SF game.

>Presentation trumps gameplay

No. It doesn't. You just can't make something this blatantly shit aesthetically and expect the casuals to buy it. That's the main thing that gets anyone. Most of us were draw in by the colors and sounds when you hit shit. Those details matter just as much as the gameplay. It doesn't matter how great the lyrics are if it's over someone taking a shit, fart banging pots and pans together.

Avenger Five.

I mean look at this they decided to redesign fan service costumes do you really want to buy costumes that capcom
Ruined

A lot of shit ends up selling really well, though, so it feels specially good when a piece of shit like that bombs.

SF3 says hi.

the weeb card only will work with dbz in terms of sales, other games never sold good state side, it continues to appeal to hardcore fighting game players that dont play the history.

Maybe capcom should stop shitting out cheap fighting games that nobody asked for and give us what we DID ask for like a new megaman game, dragons dogma II, capcom vs snk 3, and devil may cry 5. But nope because it costs too much. Enjoy marvel vs capcom: we were payed to make it. And let's not forget dragons dogma online: never ever in English edition.

Jesus that's such a downgrade from MVC3 I'd taken comic book stills like the ending in MVC3 had over this.