Underrail

Why is Depot A so hard you guys? Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cxG64b5SH_o&list=PLODG1adf6vDX-cWo-GPxG4UYuzm9PJOur
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1963.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Show your build.

I'm pretty balanced; I wear a rathound leather vest and use pistols. I did take the psi pill but I find that it's just not good at 5 will. I also maxed out the crafting and speech skills.

>I'm pretty balanced
If you don't specialize you will get fucked, hard.
This game does not take kindly to jack of all trades builds, also pistols is the weakes of all combat abilities.

I've read on the most popular steam guide that this build is the strongest for a beginner:
Strength 7-9
Constitution 10+
Perception: 10+
Intelligence 3 or 7
And for skills it's apparently more flexible, along the lines of "pick 8 and max them".
I'm looking forward to trying this game, hopefully it doesn't need more "spoiling" than this before starting.

>build so good it ends breaking the game
Everytime.

teach me your ways senpai

>Underrail
>Balanced build

You specialize or you fuck off. Toss your character sheet in the trash and decide what you want to do: Stab a nigga, shoot a nigga, destroy someone with your mind- and focus only on that.

Hello there fellow Psi monk.
Criting shit for 300+ damge while spending 4 AP mid game feels pretty good.

Enrage+locust is easy mode, and acid pistol is still buggy as fuck.

>And for skills it's apparently more flexible, along the lines of "pick 8 and max them".

Well, no. Not quite. That stat spread is only good for some builds, it would be fucking retarded for a melee or a wizard for example.

wtf

how?

Is it possible to go assault + sniper with some stealth? Or is it either heavy+assault or light+sniper

I didn't want to play a sniper but ended up with smg+sniper because it seemed stronger than assault rifles.

How do I craft better psionic armor? Do I just need a better vest?

You need a high quality psi bug shell.

What's an ideal energy shield enhancement? Does it depend on the situation?

low+low or med+low with efficient

cheers m8

UnderRail sounds like how a retard would pronounce undertale

hmm, is 41 good quality?

Pretty decent.
Also get that headband crafting feat which gives extra 15 Psi points, it's amazing feat

I'm super new to Underrail, and I wanna use AR's, but the early game seems really hard so far because you only get shitty pistols or Crossbows. Any advice?

>go assault + sniper with some stealth
I did and it was alright (i had to use traps to help me get trough some tight spots like the ironheads base) but i didn't go past core city.

Use grenades and traps.

GAS THE DRONES RAIL WAR NOW

Invest some (20-30 is enough) points in throwing, the molotovs that you can buy from quentin (the scientist in the agronomy floor of south gate) realy help in the early parts.

Here's a feat guide for mages, anyone have more

You can get a free SMG by the time you finish the first quest. Actually you could go to Junkyard and buy an AR there, but you definitely can't afford it yet.

>carnifex dies

There is also the hard way, which is going in the tunnels near the GSM compoud, there should be at least one stalker with an AR.

I actually dropped game around reaching main city, constantly feeling that Im much weaker than I should be. If I would try again, how should I change my build? It had 10 Int and Wis, around 4 at rest and I were leveling up Stealth, Hacking, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing (last three to get as much items and money early on and not to miss any opportunity for quest solving and since I was pickpocketing everyone in Fallout), all three PSI skills, Persuation and Mercantile. That leaves me with no room for any crafting skill.

I tried to sneak around and attack enemies with PSI powers but constantly felt weak compared to everyone around. I figured out that I cant be "balanced" character in this game (as much as I dislike it, in Fallout I could specialize and be okay at few other things, here I have to be perfect in one area and shit in everything else) but Im always more about sneaking around and crowd control methods, especially since game showed me many times that direct approach will be suicide.

Does Stealth/PSI viable build actually exist?

there's only a select few ways to clear depot a
>stealth and sneak past everything since kills dont give xp anyway
>spam a shit ton of bear traps/mines in the difficult infected encounters
>be a fucking wizard to make combat encounters easy as heck
you need at least one of those things in your build to clear depot a

>Does Stealth/PSI viable build actually exist?

Yes.
And you can have crafting and hacking/lockpicking ontop of it too, just not from the bat, leak point into those slowly while focusing on your combat one primarily.
The most game changing factor are feats, user above has posted a useful sheet on which are good for a psi character. I'd say interloper and sprint are a must for stealth builds so get those asap.

I've just run up and beat the shit out of the mutants and dogs with my knife and fists, so that worked aswell.

>sprays acid on you
REEEE

Doubt, unless you crafted acid resist and got lucky
The encounter with like 2 dogs and 3 mutants Fuchs any character up

I finished the game for the first time few days ago and created a new character just to see these initial psy quests.
Fuck, I now want to play it further.

Just don't run through the acid, also get the drop on them so they don't get the chance to attack you at all in your turn guerilla style.

>Does Stealth/PSI viable build actually exist?

Yes, of course.
Where you fucked up was going 10 INT and dropping your DEX/AGI and then specializing ino skills that use those two skills while taking only two INT skills.

You could have used your 10 INT to raise your Hacking, Mercantile, AND almost all crafting skills. Or you could have started with 5-7 INT and similar DEX/AGI with your skill selection. Your effective skill would have been higher, your initiative would have been higher, it would have felt much less restrictive.

do it brah

how to craft all that shit that increases movement speed? this will make the game a lot less tedious.

nigga theres like 6 of them
and if you hit them they leak acid in a 3x3 area

Here's a tip: if you don't savescum for your super steel, use the shittier ones you don't need and craft them into infused cave hopper tabis and armor.

>Where you fucked up was going 10 INT

I heard that Int is useful for PSI too due to regen and I wanted to roleplay shy nerd girl that was always a pushover that tried hard to get better and prove her worth despite all the bully (thus high Will and Intelligence) only to discover her massive inner power of mind.

Is there any site with listed builds I could read about to try to improve my own?

You can get the tabi boots blueprint pretty early, and they appear in some shops too.

>nigga theres like 6 of them

So wait until they spread out and attack maximum 2 of them at once.
Sprinting helps getting out of range if you can't finish them both off in a single turn.

>So wait until they spread out and attack maximum 2 of them at once.
You can't, we must be thinking of different encounters in depot a

This dude has some good vids on builds
youtube.com/watch?v=cxG64b5SH_o&list=PLODG1adf6vDX-cWo-GPxG4UYuzm9PJOur

Okay, but you should have roleplayed your shy grill as a good crafter.

Or if you pick your stats only for LARPing don't ask why it's suboptimal, just LARP it.

Because is supposed to be the actual tutorial, so it will tell you whether your build is shit or not, also if you are a casual monkey or not

There is 3 idiot proof builds, if you can't win the game with them you might as well try some other game this clearly isn't for you.

Full psi wizzard for cheessymode
Sneekybreeky Sniper/Traper
Heavy armor/AR tank

you can't go wrong with them, there are builds that are just as good as those but they might require to actually have some knowledge of what you are doing

>and I wanted to roleplay shy nerd girl that was always a pushover that tried hard to get better and prove her worth despite all the bully
wow

molotovs, traps, baiting to other rooms, burst fire

there are a lot of ways to dealing with groups in depot A without needing acid resist gear

You don't have much imagination if you can't think of anything else.

you're a fucking retard and those are the most efficient ways of going about it
terribly designed area

autism

for me the hardest area was the ironhead base. I had to keep running from one zone to another so I could restealth and come back from a different direction.

You just said it, those are the most efficient, but in no way are the only ways of doing it, i literally won the whole fucking game with nothing but traps and throwing knives, don't blame us if you don't have any imagination

there are a lot of ways to clear depot A, it all depends on your build and how efficient you want to be at it, if you are having so much trouble, just kill a mutated dog, craft armor with the leather and that should be more than enough to tank everything there with some consumables

>doing chem weapons build
>sure step makes that area easy as hell

>put on metal armor
>turn on shield
>rain JHP bullets

Wow I just won Depot A.

Because I was playing a fist wizard and it was annoying as fuck trying to live through ten mutant faggots all spraying highly damaging acid every time I bashed their face in.

I still got through it but not without a ton of reloads. Good to know that that was just a preview of the rest of the game. Quick saving so you don't get magically ass blasted by bullshit and lose tons of progress.

Well not exactly, you can shoot a nigga and throw shit, shoot a nigga and lay down shit, shoot a nigga and imagine shit...

same with my assault rifle dude, he could finish so many fights in one turn by the end of the game it wasn't even funny. I also killed the last boss in 2 attacks. I didn't even tried to make a good build, I kinda role played like you're supposed to in an RPG.

Or you could have, you know, picked up armor with acid resistance. Or picked Sure Step. Or used morphine to suppress the damage. For fuck's sake don't play like a retard and die to something that kills as slow as some acid puddles on the ground.

>45 AP to reload
>can't be decreased with the ammo belt
Why even bother?

Maybe there will be other ways to decrease it?

>infused cave hopper tabis
>not infused siphoner tabis

Instagibs i guess, who use unique weapons anyway ?

Hopefully.

>Instagibs
You can do that with a sniper rifle from across the map and they hold 10 bullets with 15 AP reloads.

>who use unique weapons anyway ?
Some are pretty good, especially unarmed.

Infused siphoner should be from your good quality steel. But for running boots I prefer hopper because of the Sprint cooldown.

Then what skills should I drop then, to make space for crafting?

Does it make a sense to level up social skills like persuation/merc to, say, 30-40 and leave it be?

My Fallout character was also "woooow" kind of nerdy girl but she quickly adjusted to what world had to offer her and was not shy at all.

Thanks!

>proceeds to savescum Carnifex

>Fighting those robots when looking for the key to open that door

Fucking stupid shit, I had to creep around the place like a ninja because my char is too low level. Getting caught by a robot is instant death with the amount of damage each shot does + immobilization BS. Fuck this gayme

There's like 3 EMP grenades in a container next to the monitoring room.

>I also killed the last boss in 2 attacks.
Step it up.

Just use the vents nigger, you are not supposed to fight them.

I click the vents but I just get an image of what's inside. The fuck am I doing wrong?

Fuk dat shit

> you are not supposed to fight them
That's not true. Fighting is a viable option for most builds, stealth is just an alternative.

Any gun build can easily take care of the bots with a 7.62 hawker, Aimed Shots with W2C ammo, EMPs and abusing doors.

If you are going to get your WILL to 16 it's enough to invest about 50-55 points into Persuasion, your WILL is going to take care of the rest.

I'd drop Stealth since your AGI is shit anyway, and pick up Tailoring, you will get more out of it. You can craft gear that can get you enough Stealth to be useful, won't be worse than your AGI-less investment was.

If you previously maxed these skills these will on the long run save you 350 skill points you could distribute between crafting. Now that I think about it you probably won't even need that much unless you really want to go all in with every crafting skill. You could put at least ~50 of them back into Mercantile or Stealth.

Use the omintool on them you brainlet.
Crowbar if you are STR build.

>The fuck am I doing wrong?
Use the multitool you found on the first level.

Also read the fucking descriptions of stuff you find.

Explain.

Stack critical damage and special damage on sniper rifles.

Do you have any more useful nagatoro reaction images?

No.

Hoping Sup Forums can help me with a build. So after making a few characters I decided I wanted to play a Thought Control character who uses guns. I don't want to go full Psi because I typically play mage-like characters in other RPGs, but Thought Control seems awesome. I did some searching hoping to find other peoples ideas or builds and I came across this on the official forums:
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1963.0
Specifically Wildan's post. I was wondering, has anyone on Sup Forums tried a similar build? Does Wildan's build seem legitimate? It's all theorycrafting so I'm not sure how well it would do in practice. It sounds pretty awesome though.

It wasn't the acid puddles that killed me. It was trying different angles in one area and having the entire map aggro me before I could kill them all. The puddles just forced more damage on me.

It's not easy going from normal games to a game like Underrail user. Even if you're used to it from back in the day, you have to readjust and this one ups the bullshit by severely limiting your resources. I can't just grind for money because merchants only buy what they want and only so much of it and I have no crafting ability because I thought Psi Monk would be more deadly/durable.

Regardless, any game that requires you to know what you're supposed to spec in before you've ever played the game or get fucked is bound to fuck multiple people on multiple occassions and probably unfairly.

Underrail is a good fun game but it has major flaws and if definitely not for everyone.

>multitool

I never knew you could do that

can you give me the shocked one?

>difficulty and steep learning curve are major flaws because I'm used to playing babby shit
Cancer.

Baffles me that people don't do something as simple as read item descriptions.

>Does Wildan's build seem legitimate?

Even without taking a look at it I can tell you the answer is "yes". Wildan is one of the best theorycrafters.

>Turning fights into insta death for the first one who gets a hit in and a steep learning curve is a quality game now

Cancer.

>Turning fights into insta death for the first one who gets a hit

>make a glass cannon
>complain it plays like a glass cannon
I'm genuinely surprised you even know how to fucking type.

I stunned a guy with telekinetic punch in melee radius, I have 0 in both guns and xbows, but somehow have 85% to hit with xbow and 11% with smg - what the fuck?