Shin Megami Tensei

I just started Strange Journey. Which route has the best ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think Chaos ending in SJ is weak
Everyone loves Neutral because UBERGESTALT but it won't be easy, go for it anyway

Chaos is the shortest route if you wanna do NG+, but Neutral is fucking amazing. Also hard as hell.

Neutral and Law are the most challenging because of the final boss.
Chaos will cuck you out of that final boss.

Make your own choice, you may find your alignment shifting at points.

SJ is my favorite game ever made, it is a excellent game.

Neutral is the best ending. If you go chaos you miss out on the harder final boss. In Neutral you miss out an another hard fight however.
But honestly OP, it's up to you. Make your own choices as you would.

Expect a nosedive in quality from Sector F onward.
The first 75% of this game is amazing though.

Neutral because of based Gore anf seeing Mastema shit himself after you cockslap Zelenin.

>Lucifer just bumbles around doing fucking nothing
>in a mainline game
SAD

As much as I love this game, it is my favorite game ever made, there is a bias for neutral. It's not as bad as IV where getting neutral just makes you seem indecisive and you hear all that cringy shit from Isabeau but it's still there.

I still go neutral. It's what I believe is best in that game and I can't betray my crew like in law and chaos were I force them to cooperate.

Really? I feel it is great from beginning to end, there really was no low point.

>Can banish demons based on alignment
>Has an unblockable one hit move
>Strongest elemental magic
>Changes resistances
What the fuck were they thinking? There is no way to beat this boss without absurd amounts of grinding or using passwords both of which run contrary to SMT games as a whole.

>implying
Strong elemental magic can work against you, you know.
Reflected damage is based on the amount you would've taken. With low-level demons you can do absurd amounts.

Should I boot up this one or wait for Deep Strange Journey?

>Zelenin brainwashes Jack Squad
>Jimenez gets absolutely triggered
>He then proceeds to brainwash the red sprite's crew
What the fuck was his problem?

>Deep Strange Journey
*inhales*

He doesn't though. Literally all he does is remove YHVH's influence from everyone's spirit

Low level shits with every repel are precisely what he meant by password demons

LET HIM OUT OF THE FLOWER FIELDS DAMMIT

I mean, it doesnt look that bad, or bad at all, plus if gameplay is unchanged why should i worry?

>not making it yourself
It's not that hard to fuse a bunch of resistances onto something. You'll be drowning in spare sources by the endgame.

Because it's different and gonna have shoehorned waifus and yadda yadda persona won.

>Yukiko is now an SMT character
How do we feel about this? Also anyone who has played Finale can already tell you Persona won a long time ago.

Neither require cheating, stop making up shit as "cheating" or "going against the series".

I love how brutal she is, makes it more satisfying to beat her. I worked to get the best equipment and great demons, it felt great.

Law lets you worship Zelenin's bare feet.

I like her. Can't wait to see why she wants to kill us so badly.

This.

I'd rather have a boss like her than a pushover like Nocturne's Kagutsuchi/Lucifer

SOMEONE POST JACK THE RIPPER

Not really, she becomes a giant metal cross in the law and chaos routes.

>First time playing Nocturne
>Didn't realize my dialog choices had any meaningful impact
>Get to Kagutsuchi
>Tells me I'm weak and fucks off
>Credits rolled
Soured what was otherwise a 10/10 experience for me.

>Lawfags are waifufags
Of course.

>Everyone loves Neutral because UBERGESTALT but it won't be easy, go for it anyway
Nah, but because Arthur being a real human being.

You would have to savescum endlessly to fuse a demon that repels everything.

>Implying I wanna worship that self-righteous bitch

Mastema's tears after I killed her sustained me for weeks.

>YFW

Not really.
Just save the sources with a low amount of unwanted skills for last.

To be fair SMTIV:A may be a one time experiement. Also unlike persona you can be a edgelord and do a "Some of you guys are alright, don't come to the cosmic egg tomorrow" and kill your friends.

Just get the nuke shotgun and you're set for the boss.
This way your demons are vending machines.

The skill carried over to a source is randomized. To actually get a bunch of reflect element sources you'd need to grind a demon to the point of nearly leveling up, save, and then keep leveling up and loading the save until you get the source with the skill you want.

I love that about the game though. Though I would've preferred if the Freedom ending and TDE weren't there. The Reasons were fantastically flawed and debatable "alignments"

Thiscis why SJ has the dungeons in the series, they feel like actual dungeons.

>that fight against the human army, skins, and fujiwara
The edge was delicious

>Nuke Shotgun
>Neutral

There's a ton of sources with guaranteed repels, if I remember right.
Maybe I just got lucky.

I liked how much they rewarded you wth exploring them by having all the side quests to find throughout the dungeons too. I don't think Atlus will ever go back to this style though sadly.

YHVH Universe is the closest we'll probably get.

Can't wait for DEEP next months, so many new mothers to rape.

That dungeon was shit. The paths were far too long, wide and empty. Turned what should have been a simple teleport maze into a five hour annoyance.

Neutral is always the best end in SMT games.

IV:A also experiment with having only 2 Neutral routes and polytheistic villains
Too bad they also experiment with a party-based plot which is lame.

>Eridanus on 3D

Ebony Tear

The peacemaker is arguably the best gun but the meteor dragoon is as good, if not better. It is slightly weaker with like 10 less power but it gives you freithchutz which does heavy almighty damage to all enemies. It can be used with any alignment but requires some dedicated grinding.

>Zelenin in 3D

"3D", as much as the newer EOs.
At least it'll look great.

What sucks was no divine powers route despite that being a form of neutral as well.

He divine powers were Chaotic Neutral at best.

This, GOAT music though.
youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI

Krishna is Law with his plan to make a new completely united world with the Cosmic Egg. He just doesn't like yellow head and want to lead

>not having a demonfu
Pleb

Demon waifus transcend alignments.
t. neutralfag

Except II and Nocturne.

I want to lick Titani's feet.

But SMT1 and 2 had dungeons, no one ever mentions the hell that as
But I want to go full on hardcore BDSM on her, what route allows me to do that?

If youre not getting neutral route in ANY SMT game there is no point in playing it.

Is it worth playing this before the remake or should I just wait?

It's pretty fine by itself for a playthrough but I'd say wait to see what the new one adds if you want, releasing next month for japan anyway.

Except for the content you can't get in Neutral.

This. Neutral is head and shoulders above the other two ending, which themselves are also a little weak for the series as a whole.

I was especially unhappy with the law ending mainly because I believe there's no more evil act in the world than to mindfuck people into following you, I can understand committing genocide so long as the people die fighting, but not erasing their very being and making them a mindless robot.

Do it. Many people dislike the new art and the new version is a bit casualized.

Everyone was getting tired of Heaven vs Hell. Many characters are only Neutral because they don't fit into *record scratch*'s design.

>new version is a bit casualized.

In what way they casualized it?

Thanks for the info. I'll just go ahead and play the DS version for now.

Trust Mastema

Make your own choices. Better doing that for a first time playthrough.

Being able to save anywhere and being able to pick inheritance during fusion (you know an objective upgrade) is casualized to Sup Forums.

The inheritance in IV/IVA is absolutely disgusting, demons literally become templates no different from each other.

Being able to save anywhere is casualization. No fear of death at that point, even worse in IV/IVF because you can die and it doesn't fucking matter at all.

Inheritance being selectable is fine, as long as it's not like is saying.

>Being able to save anywhere
This is a casualization, there's no penalty to death unless you don't save like an idiot.
I don't mind picking inherited skills if it's like P4G/P5 where the demon's initial skills can't be overwritten. I think it's too powerful in IV though since you can keep passing the same skillset from demon to demon.

>IVA
Affinities fixed that pretty well I thought,

How is IV:A's demon template when affinities and unique skills exist?

>tfw I introduce a friend to the series through Persona and now he loves SMT, but refuses to consider playing Strange Journey or anything before Nocturne
How do I save this son of man?

Brutally beat the shit out of him and shove a copy of SMT1 in his face.

If he hates first person dungeon crawlers there's nothing you can do, so don't bother. If that's not his reason for not playing them then he's just a bitch.

SMT I and II have aged like total trash, why are you trying to make him hate the series? Sure the narrative and characters are fine but the gameplay is terrible.

I played SMT1 a few years ago and enjoyed it, and I am not a wizardry fanatic or anything

This. SMT 1 is not a very difficult game to get into.

The demonica would be so much better if there wasn't that weird semi circle smile.

I really want to start SJ but should I just wait for the remake and play 4 in the meantime?

Where I can play it that´s not PC

No, remake doesn't seem like a straight upgrade. Play it now

Super Famicom
Also on PS1 and GBA, (and maybe Sega CD)
iPhone version is the only one to be translated officially.

Let him play Nocturne first. That's a perfectly fine order.

You can emulate it on PSP, which is what I did.
GBA/PS1 if you know jap
It's on iPhone but it won't be updated for the new OS (11?), so don't use an updated phone.

What bothers me the most is that the draw distance is still not improved, but I think that i´ll wait for the small improvement in resolution