I legit cannot believe this was released

I legit cannot believe this was released.

>pedophilia
>necrophilia
>bestiality
>incest
>murdering children
>MC is actual psychopath

Just how the fuck did this shit fly past the censors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=et8Rw01LvzI
youtube.com/watch?v=C8hMuCAY54o
youtube.com/watch?v=tY92NAdGaR4
youtube.com/watch?v=Rqey0mQNttw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Square Enix literally didn't give a fuck about the game. No one did for that matter, there was some censorship over in the west though

By censoring it

Because the gameplay was so bad that no one actually played it long enough to see any of that.

Taro hid all this stuff in Endings C onward and in optional content.
Most of people got Ending A and that's it, however still a lot of lines were censored in western release.

DoD goes REAAALLY pushes it in JP, not sure how rating boards goes there. Leonard literally says that Seere gives him impure thoughts.

Half of that shit didn't fly past the censors and was removed in english version. I remember thinking this game ain't dark at all but then I read about the changes and was surprised at how dark it really was.

Drakengard was censored to hell and back but Drag-on-Dragoon is fucked up.

wait what? I need to play the uncensored version now, looks fun

Is there even the uncensored english version?

i don't know I'm searching now, since didn't know about all this censorship. Also i don't read anything about bestiality. I need a list of all the censored things.

Is it worth playing tho? And Nier?

Here you go.

>Just how the fuck did this shit fly past the censors?

id didn't fly past anything you retard they censored everything, only in the nip version everything you listed is actually shown, in the english script they barely allude to those things, especially incest, you just see him look away in disgust but it's practically impossible to understand unless it's been explained to you on youtube

Nah, it's a genuine pain in the ass to play, it's probably the one game I'd say it's alright to watch a silent walkthrough of because the off the rails story is a hell of a ride.

Because it's not like it goes in-depth about any of that aside from the kid killing. It's not like it's that rare. In Skyrim there is a guy that basically pulled a Kinzo and married his own daughter because he believes she is his deceased wife.

because no one fucking played it

I know the full story of Nier and the meme ending of drakengard because I watched it before playing Automata, I just don't know if they're worth playing gameplay wise, or in the case of drakengard, for the story

Is an English translated version of the original uncensored Japanese game available in any format? For emulation, perhaps..?

it's physically excrutiating to play, just watch a recap of the story

play them faggot. telling someone to "read" or "watch" a let's play instead of playing a game is the worst kind of suggestion i've seen ever.
Experience them yourself first hand, THEN talk shit about it. I know i found some enjoyment in the games, despite of their very noticeable flaws.

it can't be that bad, right?

You really shouldn't of watched them

Nier is abso-fucking-lutely worth playing. The gameplay isn't exactly good but it isn't as bad as Sup Forums says. It's serviceable and the game is an unforgettable experience. Don't cheapen it by watching on youtube.

It's shit, believe me. The high point of combat is getting Arioch because she speeds it up.

I did. Multiple playthroughs of it when I was a kid. Was fun to me and thought Caim was bad ass. Though I didn't really pay attention at all to the story so when the flying giant babies part came up and saw this big pregnant bitch on my screen, I immediately flew over to see if I could catch some snatch or something. I was still a pretty curious kid.

NOT worth playing it
Story is not even good it's just weird and told in an interesting way
And gameplay it's boring and tedious worst kind of bad gameplay

No, but maybe now that Taro is more popular someone will make a fan translated version.

Yes it is that bad.

But then you have mission where objective is "Kill all children" and the pedophile in the party laments over it while everyone else mocks it and tells Caim to do his job.

So you play it anyway.

HAHA DUDE EDGY STUFF MEANS THE GAME IS DEEP AND MATURE LOL

It wasn't heavily censored you retards. The differences are minimal. Everything is still there, all the content and scenes. Only small details were altered, but not removed.

People use the example of the incest plot like it was completely removed from the english version. Not at all. You can hear her moans while saying "Caim" and the scene with him looking in disgust at her is also in the english version. The difference is, the japanese version is more direct.

Same with the pedo guy. It is pretty much hinted throughout the game that he enjoys fucking little kids

You make it feel like drakengard westernization is similar to what nintendo of america does with their localizations. Which isn't the case at all

It's the slowest, most repetitive, clunkiest musou ever devised
And then it tacks on the most half-assed aerial combat between musou missions, literally just a shooting gallery

Even if you enjoy musou it's still a chore

The music doesn't help, either.
They tried to do a thing where the OST is classical music that's been chopped up and spliced six different ways so that it's disturbing and reflects Caim's mental state, but in game it just sounds like the same half second clip of trumpets brumping over and over again.

I said some censorship in my post I never said it was heavy, eat my ass

I hope so. Both Nier games were fucking incredible to me and I'd like to play the rest of his shit, bad though the combat might be, but I'd rather not have it watered down.

It's not edgy it is dark and it is mature and deep you just don't appreciate it.

>The music doesn't help, either.
>yfw youtube.com/watch?v=et8Rw01LvzI for 30 minutes straight

the pedo thing was officially completely stripped out though. it could have been a dark and mature and fucked up element to the story if they'd done it tastefully. but i really doubt it would have ever gotten past any censors.

>brainlets can't immerse themselves in the hellish lovecraftian and kafkaesque atmosphere of the game

truly, plebs are amongst us

DoD came out before Japan had a rating system.

I think you're operating on a non-standard definition of mature.

The music of Drakengard is a great pleb filter.

The pedo and incest aspects were pretty much completely removed, which really fucked up the character interaction between the MC and his sister. Clemps has a good series on it on youtube.

>posting tv memes on v
truly retarded
bet your a sneed poster as well

>only half an hour

hahahaha i used that level to grind all my weapons up to max level

Have you played the JP version? Because I did and they removed A LOT of shit.

I played DoD like 10 years ago but from what I remember (all is explicit in JP version)

>Leonard fapping to children and having weird thoughts about his brothers
>Leonard having sexual thoughts about Seere
>Manah just openly says that Furiae wants to fuck Caim and feel his warmth
>Inuart implied to had sex with Furiae's corpse
>Caim and Angelus love each other and want to be together (only route A if I remember)
>Arioche wants to eat Seere
>Caim shows disgust for Furiae feelings throught the game as Angelus reads his mind and comments on it
>Angelus saying that Caim enjoyed killing children

Also whole Angels and God thing was censored, they were never "Watchers".

So much shit like this.

Clemps was so retarded that he thought that the english dialogue with your sister meant that she just wanted a hug, not to fuck you. Dude needs to learn to think.

not all of it is terrible but some of the tracks are straight up horrible

i think the character was one of a regretful sinner pedophile who desperately wanted redemption but never got it in the end due to the unconscionable nature of his crimes. that's the definition of a mature character- no happy ending or moral binaries like in your favorite braindead marvel superhero flicks.

>your
truly kafkaesque.

>he thought that the english dialogue with your sister meant that she just wanted a hug, not to fuck you
That's literally what they made it though.

It's alright to listen to on its own, where you have the benefit of hindsight and can appreciate what it tries to accomplish

But ingame in a blind run, out of consumer TV speakers of the era, it's just grating.

outplayed

I'd argue that the entire soundtrack is gold. I don't know what you'd call horrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=C8hMuCAY54o

You can pick any mission track and its just got this wonderfully nightmarish repetitive quality, its fantastic.

"Hold me" means hug
You need to learn how to read between the lines, dude.

I'm glad we're all mature adults here and don't need to resort to childish arguments like false dichotomies

Oh wait.

>the message about incest is that it's gross and you're gross for wanting it
>paedophile is actually portrayed as a tormented man trying to keep himself in check

Maybe the point of the soundtrack IS to be disturbing and/or annoying, just like silent hill? youtube.com/watch?v=tY92NAdGaR4

The game was never supposed to be comfy, just a fucked up unique experience

>false dichotomies
where is the false dichotomy

nice argument cuck

they work ok as tracks on their own but as a theme that loops for 20+ minutes on a level they are way too repetitive

When there's no prior contextual cues leading the player to believe anything but that she loves her brother like a sister, then yeah nobody who isn't aware of the JP version is going to think that.

Something about D1's music makes me want to laugh and smile.

it actually is edgy

BUT it is also mature and pretty deep. these two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive

I saw the videos and my first thought was that Clemps is really fucking naive and clueless. Either that or he is plain retard.

The fucking orgasmic moans interrupted with her saying "Caim" and she killing herself clearly from a broken heart after the look of disgust from Caim.
Not to mention the other guy that loves to sing (can't remember his name) that is in love with the mc sister and hates the mc because he wants the sister all for himself.

There are a lot of incest undertones in there. If that shit goes over your head then you are incredibly naive and clueless

And now we've sunk to namecalling.
Real mature.

are you a woman?

so he was heavily influenced by evangelion I guess?

Her orgasming thinking about her brother in the previous missions didn't do that for you? I don't know, man, I caught on just fine.

>all of these things are explored in literature, television and film
Why can't they be explored in vidya as well? I see no reason for censorship or compromises on the writer/director's vision as long as it's rated accordingly.

Sup Forums approved couple

Based nips for not being oversensitive cunts.

>There are a lot of incest undertones in there
Right which is why the interactions are fucked up because it's all over the place without context given to them. They can't just straight change a scene to where she didn't try to kill herself.

>Caim and Angelus love each other and want to be together
Well Automata's weapon story about them is so romantic for a reason.

videogames are for children user. Even those that say 18+ on the cover

>final boss of Drakengard 3 not listed as a con
NiER is the only one that's close to being a decent game. You play Drakengard for nothing but the story.

Not him, but your completely empty provocations aren't better than namecalling. Don't be such a passive aggressive bitch who has nothing to say and nobody will "namecall" you.

*Western videogames

I'm just a mature adult who calls people names and tries to pigeonhole them into false dichotomies when they point out that being a edgy teenager isn't what mature means.

>final boss of Drakengard listed as a con
Dumb pleb.

I see, everybody is still under that impression, huh?

it was a different time
this was released 2 years earlier

>crucifixion
>able too shoot a boeing plane down crashing
>cannabilism
>reasonably gruesome depictaions
>decapatation

where is the false dichotomy, cunt?
she lost so why havent you hanged your ugly self yet?

I CALL OUT THESE PRAYERS TO THE SKY, HEAVY WITH THOUGHT, SEE YOUR FACE

yeah.

But every single person in Japan was influenced by Eva in the late 90s and early 2000s

>I'm just a mature adult who calls people names and tries to pigeonhole them into false dichotomies when they point out that being a edgy teenager isn't what mature means.

fuck off

And what has the election got to do with anything?
How does pivoting an argument into a complete non-sequitur reflect maturity?

You are my hero user, I deeply respect you, your anger and your lack of argument. That's what you want to hear, so have it.

it's blindingly obvious who you are. you don't fit in here. fuck off to pedogaf where you belong, nigger.

>i'm just a fifteen year old with a set of thousands of stock images that i cannot stop posting to stave the severe lack of dopamine that comes with an entire life spent in front of a smartphone

you may not be a woman but you're definitely a bitch, btw you can get a more constructive reply from me whenever you feel obliged to explain what you perceive to be the "standard definition of mature"

Oh boy, more false dichotomies.

This is so mature I think we both qualify for old senior's discounts now.

I CARRY THESE MEMORIES INSIDE

why do leftist pedogaffers think they are serious professional internet Sup Forums psychiatrists?

it's really getting pathetic guys. just give up.

Some of the best stuff is both edgy and mature. It's kind of funny how "edgy" is used around here these days, like it has to be juvenile and a bad thing. I think it would be hard to deny that we're all drawn to edginess to some degree or we wouldn't be on Sup Forums.

try using words and phrases you actually understand the meaning of sweetie.

though that does limit your conversation output quite significantly...

Guys, I think I love Caim. Like, I really love Caim. What do I do?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rqey0mQNttw

THOUGHTS OF A SOUL, COLOURED BY LOOOOOOOVE

This. And the fun thing is that the shitposter can't scream FALSE DICHOTOMY about that.

Most, if not all of the ones you mentioned, were on text. If they were actually shown it definitely wouldn't have released in the platform it did.

SEE ME GROW WINGS AND FLY HIGH
PASSIONS WILL DIE
DOWN BELOW

Currently playing this and while the dragon stuff is cool, man most of it is a schlockfest.

Edgy is inherently bad, though.
If it's not a dimwitted teenager doing dumb shit to seem "mature", it's a dimwitted suit trying to rebrand whatever bullshit he's selling.