Breath of the Wild thread

Developer presentation was translated

twitter.com/gypsyOtoko/status/915037635663425536

Good stuff.

So where is the translation exactly?

In the rest of the tweets?

>they fixed the bugs as they were found instead of waiting till the end
No wonder it's one of the least buggiest open world's I've played. Why don't more devs do this?

Yeah, I got it. it wasn't in the embed.

Bugs don't show up in marketing, so they're not all that relevant to revenue.

I never even found a single bug. It was so weird because even when I played TW3 latest patch there were tons of bugs everywhere. I kept doing weird shit trying to break the game

The only bug I can remember from this game was when the desert boss pushed me inside a rock and I couldn't get out. Pretty cool that the game is so polished.

Only bug for me was actually amazing.

Using a minecart to fly super high then glide across the map.

It is impressive how few bugs there are. I played a ton and ran into only two minor bugs. One time I managed to run through a ramp (Link apparently teleported to the underside due to climbing mechanics and promptly fell since it was too steep) and one time my campfire floated upwards a few feet.

I mean that works when a game is delayed for like two years. It's great and it's how it should be, but we live in an age of easy free patching.

That's a good point actually because there are some games (CRPGs notably) where I avoid doing unexpected things because the scripting is so shoddy and fragile that it's trivially easy to break a trigger and get stuck. Doubt BotW would've retained the same feeling of creativity and freedom if you had to worry about physics glitching out all the time.

There's also that one disappearing tree in the Lost Woods, but beyond those few very rare things the game is rock solid.

Which is annoying because in a reasonable world, bugs should get a game slammed by critics. Unfortunately nowadays we have these publisher-guided 5-6 hour "review" sessions and other bullshit.

Too bad the fucking battle theme is literally the musical equivalent of a bug.

the only bug I encountered was when I managed to mount a deer that was fleeing and disappeared

I jumped on it the second it disappeared so I was stuck flying in a mounted state

People posting a few bugs, so might as well add the one I saw.
I saw a bokoblin doing a super jump/moonjump slash attack after he got knocked on the floor, and had a tallus explode in the air.

I only found a couple of issues when I was trying to get my horse into the Gerudo desert. That was my doing, though.

so that is the power of brap of the wild

Faggots who believe open world games have no level design just got proven wrong

Pretty sure that's just a quirk of the physics system and the reason why they made it so you can't magnetize an item you're standing on, not a bug per-se.

What did they mean by this?

Tell me about it. I actually never finished TW3 because I couldn't save so when I finally died I had lost an entire day worth of progress.

quite pungent

bitches love triangles

I don't think most developers would save bug testing for the end. It's much much more expensive to fix everything if you do it that way.

That's not a bug, that's actually a feature. And not in the ironic sense.

Because most devs are incompetent fucks where when they fix something, they end up breaking something else in the process. Valve is the master of doing this with TF2.

That's interesting because before I saw this I kept commenting to a friend how no matter where you go or what you climb the game will show you a new area of interest.