Why is the voice acting in TF2 so excellent?

Why is the voice acting in TF2 so excellent?

When I look up the actors I don't recognize their names nor do they seem to be in any other particularly important stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZlfMdwFUTg
youtube.com/watch?v=VOz4QZmqpN0
youtube.com/watch?v=cEMejubR83A
youtube.com/watch?v=ylyCY9srJGw
wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/1d/Soldier_DominationSoldier02.wav?t=20100625233047
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its the passion they have for their work.
Passion...

Passion can allow for a man to push mountains should he want to, and in this particular case, passion allowed for the VAs to pour their heart and soul into their lines

Ah, passion.
Such a glorious trait of humanity

>You fell for the famous people should be voice actors meme
KYS

>Nolan North

>literally in every video game ever

>not recognizable

although to be fair he only showed up in the last few years and wasn't part of the original cast.

Nobody thinks about Nolan North when talking about TF2 tho.

>When I look up the actors

Good direction.

The Heavy/Demoman has been an acting coach for 30 years.

This.
Good direction is just as important as having good actors.

wait to they talk at all?

How new are you

Medic is best very closely followed by scoot

prove me wrong

good direction

youtube.com/watch?v=dZlfMdwFUTg
youtube.com/watch?v=VOz4QZmqpN0

are they swill alive

>It's a Yuri Lowenthal episode

Yes

Old but alive. For example the Soldier VA cant yell anymore that is why Nolan does that line in Expiration Date

Good vetting, and going for the best fit rather than stunt casts.

>celebs make good actors
Oh wew.

Nathan Vetterlein (Scout's voice) has a YouTube channel with lots of funny shit on it, the dude's really good.
Unfortunately all he ever got out of this was nothing but a bunch of autists talking about the scout and I guess he got discouraged and abandonned the channel. It's a damn shame because it's funnier than most popular youtube shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=cEMejubR83A
have this terrible gmod picture I did seven years ago because it's the only TF2 related pic I have on this pc

Valve in general is/was good at choosing their VAs
youtube.com/watch?v=ylyCY9srJGw

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/1d/Soldier_DominationSoldier02.wav?t=20100625233047

>no more funny TF2 streams with him shittalking in character while everybody is confused as fuck

valve was still is? could it still be with most of the writers gone? top tier in wirting dialogues.

Medic is Kaz.

Actually you guys know what, I'm retarded and didn't know that he's actually been active on a new channel for about a year and I missed the announcement.

Dreamworks can pull stunt casting off pretty well, but nobody else seems to be able.