>h-he fell for the 4k meme

it's the future user, don't tell me you're still playing at 1440p.. or even 1080p..?

Other urls found in this thread:

playwares.com/dpreview/52551381#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>jaggies all to shit
>super mario 64 trees
>the fuck are those, butterflies? birds? they're like two flat sprites flapping
I wish people would stop trying for this photorealistic bullshit and then half-ass everything else. 4K is a meme.

>"this is all 4K's fault!"
hahaha

See all those beautiful 4k mountains? You can't climb them

Meanwhile BOTW's shitty 720p on 12 year old hardware lets you interact with literally everything in the world.

PCkuks on suicide watch

No, i'm trying to say 4K is a waste of time when it looks like the same garbage. It's the minecraft high-res shader packs of resolution settings.

>think you don't need AA at 4K
>Implying any games right now has enough sub 1080 pixel details for 4k to be worth the performance hit
>those fucking crap graphics

I'll use my 1080p tv until it stops working

This.

>waste of time
how on earth is it a waste of time

Because I don't have the time nor care to upgrade my computer that already runs the same game at 60fps at 1920x1080 on a 24 inch monitor just to stutter on the same fucking size monitor on a meme resolution and STILL look like this.

I don't even agree with OP but this is retarded. "Let's nitpick this extremely small portion of the image which looks way better than what it does on my pc"

Yes, it's perfectly reasonable to compare an adventure game with physics puzzles and a story driven rpg.

I want an rpg you faggot not fantasy just cause mountain climbing goat fucking sim.

>super mario 64 trees
That's Forza 7 user

>>h-he fell for the 4k meme
But you did. 4k is the perfect representation of diminishing returns. You should have spent your money chasing 144Hz.

Diminishing returns in terms of performance but the reduction in aliasing is still a much better viewing experience. Once the next generation of cards can render at 4k and over 60fps without breaking the bank we'll be at the sweet spot.

>it looks like the same garbage

your tv probably has an input latency of 50ms or more. Holy fuck.

>Once the next generation of cards can render at 4k and over 60fps

The next generation i.e. not the current generation, considering even a 1080Ti will still struggle.

4k in 2017 is a meme.
4k in 2018 will most likely remain a meme.

144Hz isn't really worth it for anything but twitch shooters and sim racing.

>considering even a 1080Ti will still struggle
it will struggle but pretty much can do it

if volta is enough of a leap over pascal as that was to maxwell, an 1170 should match a 1080ti and an 1180ti would be almost twice as fast

I don't even know what that means

that is because you are a plen

I really hope your tv has some kind of "game mode" or you at least turn off sharpening completely

>literally bought a new 1440p monitor last week to play witcher
fuck being poor

I do have it on game mode. Only setting I've messed with. Actually I change the screen size sometimes too because Japanese games don't always fit right for some reason

>We could develop new forms of anti-aliasing to improve picture quality with greater efficiency than before
>We could create new lighting technologies to heighten the sense of realism
>We could focus on streamlining graphics processing to enable solid framerates even with shitloads of things on screen

>NO WAY FAG, MORE PIXELZ PLZ
>BETTER PAY $1000 FOR THE NEXT FLAGSHIP CARD IF YOU WANT TO GAME 'THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED™'
>I AM SILLY

>get a 144hz monitor
>decide to try out the new wolfenstein games
>tfw locked at 60fps

user, THAT is the reason you are poor. That 1440p monitor probably cost at least $200. Should have saved up another ~$300 to get one that's at least 144hz or 4k60

I'll stop using 1080p when it no longer looks good or isn't the standard, 1440p looks nice in certain games but for the most part everything is fine at 1080p.

desu the only reason I even bought an hdtv in the first place is because PS3 game text was so small that it was almost impossible to read on a crt tv

a shiny turd is still a turd, so good job on wasting all that cash my dude

>Not playing at a maximum of 320x240
3ds is the future mang.

>800x600
>300 FPS

best of both worlds desu ne

But I can play BOTW on PC.
Why would I have to suicide?

>See all those beautiful 4k mountains? You can't climb them
but you can climb them, that location is opened up later in the game

I sure do love a disgusting green smog in my games, a smog that's even worse than the one in Fallout 3! Nintendo wins again!

>I'll stop using 1080p when it no longer looks good or isn't the standard
that was 4 years ago m8

Except it wasn't, 4k is still a meme today. Maybe in a couple more years it will be worth it.

>4k is still a meme today
this is what poor people tell themselves

PC doesn't set the standard. If it did, consoles wouldn't be doing what they are now if it did

I still play at 720p with a gtx 1060

same. I have a nice 1080p 36" IPS TV, and a nice 1080p UW 29" monitor. Both have great colours and okay contrasts and are sharp enough with native content. If I ever upgrade it'll be when OLEDs are cheap as balls and I can get something truly worth a step up for roughly the same price.

Seriously is it me or does the game look worse than the 6 Apex?

It manages to look worse than a made for PC demo, really strudels the noodle doesn't it?

Are these the actual rankings nowadays?

>very low end
>1080p 30

>low end
>1080p 60

>mid
>1440p 60

>high
>1080p 144/4k 30 (everything maxed)

>very high
>4k 60 (everything maxed)

>l-lol f-framerate doesnt matter! its 4k!

that would mean paying more for a gpu too along with a cpu that wont bottleneck it

my brother has both 4k, 1440p and a 1080 screen and he said when gaming theres hardly any difference between the 1440p to the 1080p and 4k is not worth the price, he regrets even upgrading.

god tier is 144hz on old overheating hardware with everything on low

>that would mean paying more for a gpu too along with a cpu that wont bottleneck it
you don't have to get them now. You will have them someday. What is stupid is buying a monitor that you will also have to replace once you DO get a new CPU/GPU. Your monitor should be the most "future proof" part of your setup. Buying a cheap 1440p/60fps monitor in 2017 is dumb because you'll have to upgrade in a couple years when even budget GPUs are capable of doing so much more

but user 4k video is still nice.

your brother is a dumbass for not being able to tell the difference. 1440p downscaled to 1080p is such a massive improvement, and native resolution is even better. 4k is literally 4x the pixels of 1080p. and monitors aren't even that expensive (got a samsung 24" 4k for $320 a year and a half ago). I exclusively game on a 4k monitor and 4k TV and will be for some time to come.

>He thinks enthusiast cards are flagship

i future proofed by getting a portrait stand for it
ill use it as a second monitor when i upgrade to 4k

nice, I'm glad you think that way. Have fun user.

Maybe I will consider switching to 4K when games are able to maintain at least 60 fps on that resolution.
Right now, that is not guaranteed even on a GTX 1080Ti, so at this point it is still a meme.

>24" 4k
King of screenlets confirmed.

I use a 21:9 3440 x 1440p 100z one

will you let me off?

>use your witcher sense to find the key to the door
yes, this is sadly the future of gaming

The problem is that games will keep getting more technically advanced making 4k still as hard with newer cards. the jump from 720 to 1080p is far smaller than 1080 to 4k.

my 4k tv is 50". 24" is absolutely perfect for a monitor. It completely fills my field of view when sitting upright at my desk and even then I can STILL see jaggies on modern games at 4k

>utely perfect for a monito
24'' is absolutely tiny for a monitor. I have a 32'' 1440p display and I'm already thinking about getting something bigger in the 40'' range.

how far away is your monitor from your face? is it mounted on the wall?

for fucks sake my man

What's your setup? Are you playing games on max settings with 60 FPS on 4k?

>hurrrr this tutorial section of the game is a clear representation of the degradation of gaming

kill yourself

you say that but I have a 29" that feels too small sometimes and it's only a foot or two away from my face. You can see the jaggies because you need it closer to your face in the first place

I don't have a precise measurement, but about half a metre.

I can't be down with 60 after 120

Im still using a 1360x768 monitor from 2010

have you played the game
the whole game is
>use your witcher sense to follow the footprints/blood/semen/smell/

i5-6600k and 1080ti

with dishonored 2 and gears of war I have dynamic resolution on; you cannot tell when it drops at all and it keeps the framerate smooth

bf1 and doom run at silky smooth 60fps at 4k without skipping a beat

witcher 3 runs at smooth 4k with a slight GPU OC and dropping shadows to high from very high

pubg I run at 1440p on medium/high at roughly 90 fps

I don't really have any other games I play that are more demanding than that. I'm assuming nuwolf 2 will just be doom again performance wise. The first real game I expect to get a workout from is Metro Exodus
damn, you must have much bigger desks than me. My monitor sits close to the front edge, and with my glasses it takes up 90% of my field of view. the largest I could ever fathom is 27"

>tfw you're still on 1080p because your eyesight is so shit you can't see text in even 1440p

That depends on pixel density.
32'' 1440p or ~48'' 4k gets you the same density as a typical 1080p 24'' monitor, but you can fit a lot more on the screen.

>finally a 4k thread

I don't know shit about TVs, but is it pretty safe to buy a 4k TV and be future proofed? It's not like resolution can get much better beyond what the human eye can see. So they aren't going to come out with some amazing new TV in the near future I'll miss out on, right?

The computer I have now with a 970 cost the same as a 1080ti, no fucking way I'm spending that much on the 4k meme. In a few years it'll be worth it.

resolution wise? sure. There's barely any content for it yet as is but the TVs are cheap enough to make the jump worth it.

Whether you want an HDR OLED or not is another question

Resolution is only one part of what makes a good TV. Do your own research.

The correct time to buy a new TV is always next year.

>is it pretty safe to buy a 4k TV and be future proofed?
no. resolution will not increase for a god damned long time, but display technology is getting better by the minute. by fall 2018 good OLED tvs will be affordable and the low end tvs still capable of HDR10 will be cheap as fuck

i hope you're not planning to use the TV as your PC monitor

Because I want to play every game I buy at ATLEAST 60fps, preferably 144fps. This is just not feasible at 4K unless you spend absurd money and even then, 60fps in every new game isn't possible on a budget of £1500~

I'm fine with playing games at 1440p medium-high settings at 144fps.

I usually play on 800 x 480

>32'' 1440p

At the moment I've got a 24" 1080p/144Hz.

I might just get a 32"+ for 1440p@60Hz. I don't play many online games and am realizing going over 60Hz was pretty pointless.

>early adopters who think the shit they use now is going to be just as good and "future proofed" as a fully developed mass productions
you will need to buy it again anyway, the first few 4k tvs and ssds are already memes

You can actually climb them.

>SSD
>meme

I like mine 32'' 1440p@60Hz a lot. Reasonable transition speed, great contrast, reasonable color accuracy. Was about 480€ including 21% VAT.

I play at 3440x1440. In a few years I'll buy a UW 5k display but for now I'll stick with what is available.

>new

Last one came out 2015.

>not playing everything in 480i

>by fall 2018 good OLED tvs will be affordable

Holy fuck, those things are like 1700 dollars. Are they that much better? Is there a chance They will have a decent OLED sale on black friday? Is it even still too early to biuy the first run of potentially defective OLED tvs?

I am buying a PS4 pro this year no matter what, I was just hoping to get HDR at least

Should I get a similar monitor?

768p masterrace here. Can run every modern game on ultra 60 fps on cheap hardware. Enjoy your 30 fps 4k on $2000 pc ^.^

I went for the 27" instead but 144hz

That obviously depends on what you want out of a display and what types of games you mostly play.
I play like 1 SP FPS game a year, so extra fast transitions weren't a priority. On the other hand I do want my colors to be reasonably accurate (so TN isn't really acceptable) and I'm rather pecuilar about good contrast (so VA is nice). Overall I'm quite happy with the Benq.
Here's a (Korean?) review, but the charts don't lie.
Oh and in terms of performance - my 1080 has run everything I threw at it just fine so far, only game I had to drop details was TWW2, at least as far as I can remember, and even there only by a notch.
playwares.com/dpreview/52551381#

>Are they that much better?
yes
> Is there a chance They will have a decent OLED sale on black friday?
yes
>Is it even still too early to biuy the first run of potentially defective OLED tvs?
no, the newest 2017 models are already like 2 years refined. the LG c7 is the best tv ever made

It's the future so I'll play it in the future.
When it's optimized and affordable

I was thinking about 144Hz for a long time, but in the end decided to not go that route, I don't play many fast paced games.
Enjoy it though user.

I honestly just play single player games. I don't really have time to get invested in many online games. As I said I'm seeing how pointless investing in a 144Hz monitor was. I'd now rather 1440p@60 with IPS.

>60fps
>2017
lol

I know what you mean, I just got it to cover myself until I found the 4k screen I was happy with, im still waiting for one heh!.
1440 is so much better than 1080 so the hz isnt a huge thing unless like you say its for fps games.

>Us a 4k monitor daily
>1080p now looks blurry as hell in comparison

4k kinda ruined other resolutions for me. The next gen gpus can't come soon enough.