Fallout 4 Alternatives

I've been playing Fallout 4 but it sucks. What's a game that plays similar but isn't hot garbage? (FPS with lots of weapon customization and base-building stuff.)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15938/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fallout 4 is what you are looking for

Minecraft. :^)

Do you use mods?
Mods can make the game a lot better.

Remember,
>but isn't hot garbage

How do I make this game not stupid as shit?

No base building, But the Stalker mod, Call of Chernobyl, is fantastic. Add a couple more compatible weapons/armor mods and its better than all the stalkers put together.

That sounds good as hell actually. Weapon customization exists in that? I''ve been having STALKER nostalgia lately, that might be just what the doctor ordered.

>Do you use mods?
>Mods can make the game a lot better.

Do you have any recommendations? I'm already using some mods, but I want to see your ideas in case there's something cool I haven't found yet.

Can't think of any released games with satisfying weapon customization. If you don't mind spending $45 on beta access for Escape From Tarkov, that has excellent weapon customization. I was playing FO4 trying to scratch the itch for weapon modding while I was waiting for EFT to hit "beta" (still really an alpha right now though). The game's nowhere near finished though, and has a good amount of bugs, so if those are turn offs for you, I'd just keep an eye on it until release. Otherwise, Stalker CoC is your best bet, like the other user said, although it doesn't really have weapon customization besides adding suppressors/optics/GLs.

Why does no one copy Todd's games?
He has the fucking monopoly on first person open world rpgs.

Far Cry 5

Because when the company which has more than a decade of experience of doing it keeps releasing the games bug-ridden and borderline unplayable, you can come to a sort of a conclusion that would tell you it's not an easy thing to make.

People *sort-of* do. I feel like the Witcher series has a similar vibe.

Dumb down yourself.
Unlearn every letter of the alphabet except "F", "U" and "N".

You know what pisses me off about Fallout?

Why the fuck are they still living in fucking hollowed out buildings? Can't they fucking get off their assholes and actually build a new building or something? Get some new clothes or something? Seriously, it's so fucking disgusting. Build a fucking house that's not out of scrap. Shit.

>what is obsidian's blatant copypasta of fallout 3
But it runs like shit compared to F4

>Why the fuck are they still living in fucking hollowed out buildings? Can't they fucking get off their assholes and actually build a new building or something?

This is literally the whole point of Fallout 4. You are the buildyman. Go build some of that good shit.

>FPS with lots of weapon customization and base-building stuff
>but isn't hot garbage?
Funny, because what you're looking for are the worst qualities of Fallout 4.

I have autism, what can I say?

EVERYTHING YOU BUILD THAT ISN'T DLC IS RUN DOWN SHIT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE
FUCK YOU

there are basically no alternatives to bethesda games, which is the only reason they are still in business despite their games being lackluster and mediocre- if you have a quasi-monopoly, you do not have to do better.

yeah, it really is 'nuff.

What are PiranhaBytes games, Alex?

>after 200 years no one has swept any floors

>Fallout 4 Alternatives
>FPS with lots of weapon customization and base-building stuff

Can I play stalker on a controller?

>He didn't buy the modern furniture DLC and build a utopia in the Wasteland

You live in the filth and squalor because that's where a poorfag like you belongs.

Do you not see all the stuff you build is just recycled dog shit?

I would like to actually build an actual fucking wall.

Fallout 4 just works user. You should also try Skyrim.

One day you will be stopped, Toddler; you and your super mutant Petite Heinie!

Search "Nexus mods Homemaker"

Become enlightened.

the first STALKER game with mods is still the best open world FPS

Of course you can mode it, but that doesn't change the lore of it all.

If you want to get assraped, yeah.

>settlements being lore-friendly at all even in vanilla

m8

m8....

What mods in particular? Got any recommendations?

Isn't Fortnite a shooter with base building? I dunno about the weapon customization, FO4 is pretty unique in that regard

>Can I play stalker on a controller?
No.

>What mods in particular? Got any recommendations?

This pisses you off about bethesda´s misinterpretation of fallout. The very first location you are most likely going to encounter in the very first fallout, shady sands, is already properly built and new.
Primitive, from clay and wood, but not a delapidated pre-nuke hovel.
But bethesda doesn´t understand that, or anything really, about fallout.

Tbh if someone made a mod that made settlements deeper while not being as ugly as Sm Settlements I'd be all over the game

Here's the thing tho, it shouldn't even be made out of clay. Concrete shouldn't be a lost art.

What about Two Worlds?
Plenty of games have RPG mechanics as deep as fallout 4, too. Like Gravity Rush, Horizon Zero dawn, Watch Dogs2 and just Cause 3

Thanks senpai.

Are there any settlement mods for Fallout 4 that add primitive-but-new structures as buildables? Adobe huts and log cabin type stuff?

thickly packed with content since they have very small maps. somewhat challenging. very weirdly written, but at least not formulaic trite.
In short, nothing like bethesda games.
And my name is not alex.

What game? F4 runs absolutely horribly

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15938/?

it absolutely is when the people building it have nothing but their miserable lives, and nobody knows how to make concrete since all the concrete was made by robots, and historical scriptures from ancient rome are hard to come by in the californian wasteland.
Clay is easy to find and to use, every child knows how to make something akin to a building out of mud, concrete is not, and it also takes lots of water to make, another thing not easy to come by in the desert, aside from nobody having the know-how.

Shady sands is a settlement of people who have basically no technology that is more sophisitcated than guns and the wheel. They do not even know the basics of agriculture, and you expect them to have knowledge that was too menial for their founding members to know about.

Fuck, F:NV looks old but it's still so shiny, and smooth.

Yes you could easily but I'd stay away from higher difficulties and you might have to use the stick as a cursor

What did user hurt you or what?

NV was never shiny and smooth.
The game is more like an unassuming rock, rough and looking unimpressive, but when you take it in your hand it feels kind of nice, and when you crack it open you find a very flawed geode.
Fallout 4 is a shiny lump of earth with pieces of wood sticking out, and when you you try to remove them, you realized it is actually a ball of manure.

Legit the best thing iv'e played in five years. Warfare mod is addicting. No word on 1.5 yet though.