Who would you main in a Sonic fighting game?

Who would you main in a Sonic fighting game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZpBqWucZaFU
twitter.com/Chaofanatic/status/913532920295440385
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507238415718.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

duke nukem

Wasn't there a real Sonic fighting game in arcades?

>Not ascending and playing team Shadow/Infinite.

Let's do one better: Say SEGA decided to make a Smash clone or similar gaem with every single one of their IPs. What characters from each game would you have in there, and how big of a roster would it be? Only limit is no more than 4-5 characters per series from SEGA.

>Not going Mephiles and Infinite

probably Tails or Rouge since I love air shit

Yes Sonic Championship/Sonic The Fighters

Omega/Blaze or Omega/Metal Sonic

I need best killer robot.

e 123 omega
or robotnik

Emerl

Mecha Sonic/Beta MK 2

>Smash clone
Scust. Should be Fighter's Megamix 2 or they shouldn't even bother.

The robots from the cartoon.

The character positions on the roster is fucking with my autism, please fucking delete this I'm at work right now and I can't edit the image to make it right so please thing of your fellow posters and please fucking delete it please.

if you dont main the crocodile guy you are a faggot

>EVO Top 8
>Shadow/Infinite
>Shadow/Meph
>Infinite/Meph
>Shadow/Black Doom
>Shadow/Infinite
>Big/Eggman
>Cream/Charmy
>Infinite/Shadow

Why do people still play this shit again?

youtu.be/ZpBqWucZaFU

I'd main /ourguy/

>forgetting the ultimate Black Doom/Cream the Rabbit combo

Fucking casual GET OUT

Silver and E101 are a fucking broken team
Literally nobody can get in on Silver since his grab is massive and E101's assist just parries back projectiles for free.
What was SEGA thinking?

Knuckles by far.

where's mario?

He's the bonus final boss. Can only be got from the DLC

obviously OW

Am I the only one that thinks that we're getting close to a Mario vs Sonic crossover fighter that'll replace the Olympics series?

Super Sonic Fighters?

Secret rings dlc when

I made it with how sonic moves in mind, and wanted to try to make it feel like a sonic fighting game, not just a fighting game with a sonic skin.

So slopes and stages that encourage speed and momentum in combos came to light with the idea. Not sure if it could work, but it was fun to create.

>e-101 is playable
>e-102 isn't

Cream the Rabbit
always go for the loli

The idea reminds me of a super old sonic fan game that had the same ideas.

there is a fighting game you nigger.

Blaze Omega Knux and shadow.

hmmmm gee i wonder

Cream not being with Team Rose is the only issue I can see and even then Cream is pretty much part of Team Crisis too

does anyone have a higher quality version of this gif, or the source?

I think the Olympics games are here to stay, they don't seem to drain much budget and get good sales.

I think if Sonic and Mario crossover in something else it will be a genre out of left field like what Mario Rabbids did

twitter.com/Chaofanatic/status/913532920295440385

Chaos, i'd probably play Espio, Metal Sonic, and Shadow as secondaries.

>Chaos, i'd probably play Espio, Metal Sonic, and Shadow as secondaries.

I don't know, the good sales that fighters on the Switch have been getting + each Olympics game selling less and less + Nintendo wanting more esport friendly games + Sega being more "pandering" with Sonic give this idea a good chance of being real.

I was actually thinking about this game a few days ago, made a mockup roster, although it was a little more realistic with 24 fighters. I think the reason I want this game to happen is that I want Knuckles to go back into cool rival territory, instead of acting like either a dork or a dumbass.

Really cool stuff

The logic of a lot of execs might just be "we have smash tho"

It would need to be really different from Smash and also Pokken to fit into the Switch library

danke famicom

I made a webm with the song using the gif I posted, now I can remake it in better quality
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507238415718.webm

I like this sync better than what the original creator did, but I can't be arsed to add sfx though

>Implying that Shadow/Black Doom or Shadow/Meph is balanced

>Leaving out Froggy and Erazor Djinn for DLC.

ITS OKAY WHEN SEGA DOES IT

3D fighter a la VF/DOA. Simple controls (PKG at minimum), works amazingly well with with Joycons since motions would be extremely limited, is fairly "neutral" for both franchises, and it's something Sega has a lot of experience with. Smash covers 2D and they have 2 different arena fighters. A 3D fighter would stand out from those, specially if it was Mario/Sonic.

That's a pretty neat roster. Is there an actual reason why people keep shitting on the Sonic cast?

>Wanting Big/Froggy teams

Because lots of characters became synonymous with the Adventure-type games that culminated with the absolute travesty that is 06. It also tends to make people think of the comics and cartoons, which, like all other series, get into a weird sort of elitism where people who admit to liking EU stuff are considered lesser than the larger amount who just interact with the main stuff. I'm sure the vast oceans of shitty OCs don't help either. There's long been a push for a purer Sonic ideal, with maybe one or two side characters and a barebones plot. Not that I necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but I think there's a middle ground. Mario's managed to juggle having 3D and 2D entires and an ever expanding cast well. The plot isn't ever much more than an excuse, but its definitely grown beyond the Genesis-SNES era type of completely perfunctory plots.

>OP's pic
>no Gamma
>no Emerl or Geez-merl
>no Mecha Knuckles
>no Silver Sonic
>no Captain Whisker & Johnny
>no Robotnik inside Egg Robo
>no Unholy Trinity as secret character
>no joke character with spikes shield, a signpost as a weapon and ring on its head like a halo
>no Professor Pickle & Wentos

List of people who care about those characters: