HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THIS BADLY??

also voice acting was a mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_2pgtAErMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>playing FE games post FE12

You were asking for it

Kaga was a mistake

Out of all the things to complain about with it, you complain about the most well done part outside of art and music?

>complaining about English Lukas
OP setting new benchmarks for faggotry.

Alm is the best! Did I tell you about how amazing he is?

I want to force Faye to watch Alm hug Celica

>oldfag want oldfag game
>here it is
>eewwwww to shiny

Who would want to hug that flatty anyway? I know Alm doesnt.

Maybe you shouldn't have play the english dub you dolt. Why would you choose the inferior version?

Nothing went wrong

>complaining about the voice acting when fucking god-tier Berkut is in the game

Fucking kill yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=6_2pgtAErMo

I really liked it and thought the dual story was cool
Only complaint was the lack of support conversations. I liked all the units but never really got to know them as much as I wanted to. Especially the villagers

Dub was decent

ENG Berkut did an amazing job though

Gaiden was already a bad game.
They made it worse.

>hammy jap shrieking
Fuck off, cancer.

but the English dub is good though. Alm's VA is the same as 9S from NieR. he's fantastic. and this is coming from a normally jap only autist

Op is either a contrarian, has shit taste, or I am replying to shitty bait.

>He didn't like the dub

>WHY WASN'T CHROM AND TITTIE COMMITTEE NOT THE MAIN CHARACTERS
fuck off retard

>it's yet another empty field with some trees and a small fort map
I want off this ride.

The voice acting in Echoes was fantastic and I hope future FE games are similar in quality in that aspect.

Berkut was the only reason i got so far in the game, but even him can't carry this shit

>Gaiden
>Oldfag game

Actual Oldfags hate Gaiden. Echoes fans are made up of contrarian hipsters pretending it's a good game because muh no waifus and muh no avatar and muh voice acting.

>it's another map with a single entrance and a bunch of summoners

I only played up to chapter 3 so far and the voice acting is not one of my complaints

Clair is so fucking hot to me and I find it hard to put into words why

>>most well done
>no spell or weapon triangle of any relevance
>mages are dogshit
>is x good? can he be a dread fighter? if no then no
>hauheuauaheauhe mass spawns
>pointless exhaust mechanic when bombarded with food
>horrible boring maps
>late game maps boil down to bee-lining archers and dfighters to high priority targets or you auto lose (or you're fighting things that only your own dread fighters can handle like enemy dread fighters)

There's a reason why this game never got any attention back then

I like it because it tries something different in the series and it has some nice ideas, like giving Archers more range than usual to make them more viable, skills not being RNG-based and dungeon crawling.
Plot is serviceable, especially after Fates.
Characters that aren't the main lords are more present in the plot, which is also nice.
I won't defend the maps though, they're honestly bad and it would have helped to change them.

It's shame that the maps are so fucking shit.
I actually find the gameplay mechanics pretty interesting, it would be nice having them in a not shit game.

>Phony """""""english""""""" VA's who don't even sound like who they're supposed to be
It's better than Fates I guess.

Does anyone have the Edit?

>can't even respond without garbage memes
Yeah, it was already obvious you were a faggot shitposter, but thanks for putting it in writing.

The irony in this post just blows my fucking mind.

Don't bother acting like you're fooling anyone.

It fucking sucks that they didn't fix the maps because I really like the gameplay and how magic works. I can understand them wanting to have a accurate remake but they should've really just made better maps.

>absolutely love the game
>the art in particular gives me a boner every time
>but nobody bothers uploading the Greek pottery-style character status screens
Why?

That would have been nice, but it was always just a cheap little cash-in game they were making between bigger projects. Most of the production value improvements were in areas that didn't involve the core development team.

I enjoyed this game immensely more then Awakening or Fates. The maps are trash though.

The english dub is mediocre. It's sounds like everyone is just reading off a script and has no real emotions expect for Berkut who actually tried and knows his character. Then again Echoesfags love mediocre shit don't they for "muh presentation"

I am currently in the middle of the chapter 3, should I bother to continue playing the game? I've played 15 hours on the hardest difficulty, how long would it take approximately for me to see the end?
Also will there be other maps like Zofia's castle where there's a semblance of strategy with doors and ramparts or every battlefield with now on will be empty fields/bridge choking?

There'll be maps like that, yeah, but don't expect many.

>Lack of support conversations.
You've never played a Fire Emblem outside of Awakening/Fates have you?

OP clearly hasn't played Fates.

Maps do tend to get more complicated in the second half of the game, though they're hardly all masterpieces. There are still some open fields ahead.

Zero strategy. The majority of the last have is using archers to double shot w/ crit bow on spawn casters and other major threats and dreadfigthers to run in and do the same while clerics max range heal with physic. Everyone else just idles and prays no witch ko's

You're not describing something simpler than how you play every other Fire Emblem, so what is your point?

I love those

>just throw your stronger units up ahead and keep them healed
That's pretty much almost every FE ever with only a few exceptions
Including FE9 which is one of this board's favorites

SoV's voice acting is actually pretty good though since it wasn't done by fucking Treehouse.

You should be the one being asked that if you think Echoes didn't have a piss poor amount of supports compared to older games.

Every other Fire Emblem has viable and strong characters in every class.

This game only dread fighters and archers are viable. Everyone else is a liability.

The voice acting was great you massive faggot
The gameplay is another story though

lol ok
That must be true, especially since almost all of them are confined to only one side of the map.

How are you gonna keep them alive?
How are you supposed to kill the fuckers with high Def?

As someone who played and loved Gaiden years ago, this is wrong. Echoes kept the quirks that made Gaiden stand out while polishing it and fleshing out the story and characters. This is how remakes SHOULD be done.

>Remake the worst game in the series
>don't fix it's garbage gameplay

Echoesfag are a bigger threat to the series quality than fucking Fatesfags.

>tfw could only find undub spoofed version
>no version with us dub

>Dissing Echoes voice acting
Sorry man, you just have shit taste.

I dunno. For a remake of what's supposed to be the worst game in the series, it's really not that bad.

it's pretty good, still played it in Japanese though

No idea what you just said. Makes no sense. Try again?

>How are you gonna keep them alive?
Max range physic, but for the most part archers will never be hit due to insane range and DFighters can't really be hurt by anything but other Dfighters.

>How are you supposed to kill the fuckers with high Def?
There are ample magic damage skills/swords. Regardless every DFighters crit is stronger than any spell caster.

Mages are complete shit in this since spawns easily surround and any decent spell they have is 2 blocks range whcih means including being surrounded by the swarms of flyers/dragons and mounted that populate the entire second half exclusively they also get out ranged by archers who ohko.

I see. I'll push myself to the end of the game. Thanks for the answer.

"Series quality"? The fuck are you on about? Echoes is the highest quality FE game we've ever had from a pure production standpoint. If we get a game as polished as Echoes with modern mechanics all non contrarian Vtards will be extremely pleased. Also, Shadow Dragon takes the "worst game" crown, not Gaiden.

>Also, Shadow Dragon takes the "worst game" crown, not Gaiden.
It should be illegal to be this fucking wrong.

>Max range physic
So you do need other classes after all.
>There are ample magic damage skills/swords.
They don't carry you as hard later on.

I will never defend a game that requires you to let your units die to see everything.
It also started the cancer that is reclassing and never rebalanced the game after adding the WT to a game that originally didn't have it.

Gameplay is weird and has less replay value but it's not terrible, why do you faggots have to be such contrarian drama queens.
Shadow Dragon was far ahead of its time and holds up decently as a game dispute some shitty design here and there (le ballistician face). Famicom Gaiden is a sometimes enjoyable mess but is a piece of shit through and through.

And to add to that, they had the perfect opportunity to make Marth stop being the Seize guy, give him a promotion and make him more useful but didn't.

>Also, Shadow Dragon takes the "worst game" crown

Shadow Dragon was fantastic game. It looked like garbage, but is easily one of the best in the series.

You further proved my point, all you fags care about is "muh aesthetics", good gameplay is a complete non-issue for you.

>Gameplay is weird and has less replay value but it's not terrible
>Chapter 4 is by far the lowest point in Fire Emblem history, even worse than Revelations

>even worse than Revelations
Now you're being genuinely contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

I genuinely despise Chapter 3 and 4 of Echoes that much. Especially Chapter 4.

Your opinions don't mean shit if you genuinely believe anything is worse than Revelations.

>it's not contrarian to say Revelations is the worst in the series
>but it's contrarian to say Gaiden is

Nice double standard.

If by fuck up this badly, you mean " Making the best fire Emblem game since Fire Emblem 9" Then yes, they fucked up hard.

>a pathetic shitposter is being contrarian
Who would have thought?

Well, fine then. I hate Echoes so much I'm half tempted to boycott Fire Emblem because I got the shit game on launch with DLC. Next time I'm pirating to make sure it's not shit like Echoes.

I can't understand how it receives any form of praise with it's beyond garbage gameplay, especially when the past 5 years has been people complaining about Awakening and Fates ONLY TO PRAISE A GAME WITH GAMEPLAY WORSE THAN BOTH COMBINED.

>years of people shitting on Awakening's empty maps and poor class balance is perfectly valid
>but if someone shits on Echoes emptier maps and even worse class balance it's shitposting

>started the cancer that is reclassing
What was wrong with DSFE's reclassing? Just because 3DSFE made it grind-centric doesn't retroactively make DSFE's shit.
>never rebalanced the game after adding the WT to a game that originally didn't have it.
What is this retarded fucking meme people like to spout for SD? The game didn't need a complete overhaul for WT to work, just like Book 1 of FE3 didn't need a rebalancing for all the new shit it added. Caeda has a 10 percent higher chance of getting hit by the axe bandit now, thanks ISIS you ruined everything.
>requires you to let your units die to see everything
Oh no, replayability, one of FE's biggest features. It wasn't IS's smartest idea sure but not some instant -1 to the score.
Meanwhile Gaiden had trash maps, introduced shit like the world map and is just a shit game in general, there's a reason it's the black sheep of the series.

Who are you quoting?

>it's contrarian to say that a route that came out of a shitty practice that has the worst maps in the series with awful gimmicks, horrible unit balancing and combines the worst aspects of the other two routes in a game that is solely saved by a handful of maps of one fucking route and a great OST is the worst in the series
>but calling a game that has shit maps overall but good to great everything else isn't contrarian

>crit portrait is just the character's default portrait staring right at you with their dead eyes

I've never even understood the praise for the rest. Alm is so bland he's barely even a character and Celica is unlikeable.

The whole "work hard to achieve stuff" crap becomes pointless when Alm saves the world with his royal blood and magic swords.

Lucina makes any game shes in 10/10 for she is perfect and a brave princess!

t. doesn't know how to read

I hated that.

Truly the Shakespeare of gaming. unironically

I'M AT THE TOP OF MY GAME

COME AT ME FOOLS

>people complain that Awakening and Fates are glorified VNs
>we get an ACTUAL glofiried VN and people call it the best game in the series and praise it's presentation and voice acting and ignore the actual Fire Emblem content due to how awful it is

Is it me or have the tables turned? The waifufags were called the "casuals", but now the waifufags have literally become the gameplayfags.

One is tedious and painful to play, the other is Shadow Dragon.

No, you're just an idiot.

Oldfags hate everything including their own life.

Might as well copy and paste this reply.
You know what man? I just like what I like.
Fates, I didn't like it overall, but I do think SoV was good. I just play, they all feel the same outside of the dungeon crawling and Fates's MyCastle. I just find the characters outside of Leo and Elise to be irritating, and Kozaki's art looks like crap, although it's not his fault in Fates given he didn't actually design the armor.
I've parroted the general consensus about every game when asked for recommendations
>Conquest has the best gameplay and is difficult
>Echoes has the best story but shit gameplay
>Birthright and Awakening are pretty similar
>Revelations is dogshit
But honestly I can't tell what's considered good. I found Conquest tedious but the dungeon crawling engaging in SoV. I never played Revelations. I don't know what even comprises a good map and what doesn't outside of lots of walls being generally considered good, and open areas and two-wide halls being considered shit.
I'm just kind of sad man, I want to say how much I love Echoes but I'm such a spineless brainlet I can't even articulate it in acceptable wording and everyone already hates it here anyway.

The art for Echoes is just so fucking beautiful. I'm actually just mesmerized by that picture, she just looks so gorgeous. It's amazing. The way the artist draws the girls in an elegant way while at the same time putting subtle emphasis into her curves and legs. It's so delicate, i'm in love. I can't be the only one that feels this way.

And it isn't even a good VN. The amount of supports is pathetic and the characters are awful except for a few.

>something that isn't at all like a vn isn't even a good VN
No, that's impossible.