Well, Sup Forums?

Well, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If death is just like the period before you were born, does that mean being dead will go incredibly fast and then i'll become conscious at the end?

The thing is you have no way to measure how long the time before your birth lasted, because you didn't start forming memories for a year or two after it. For all you know you could have been in that period aeons conscious the entire time.

Building a bipedal robot to combat seems like a terrible idea. He's going to trip and fall due to bad terrain, his mobility would be terrible.

It's completely stupid since you can use the same amount of metal to make a sphere of metal with guns sticking out and treadmills on the bottom which would be ten times more efficient.

That's just a tank with a larger target profile.

So wait a second. You're telling me I could have been fully conscious but not forming memories BEFORE I existed?

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE LAD. THAT BE SOME ROYAL BULLLLL SHITTERY IM TRYINA HAVE PHILOSPOPHICAL CONSERVASHION HERE

Bipedal designs are fucking terrible for actually getting anywhere efficiently.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c

This is going to be the future. The benefits of legs (which is to go over obstacles) without the major detriments.

Imagine a squad of 20 of these armed with guns rolling into some shithole desert town.

> a sphere of metal with guns sticking out and treadmills on the bottom which would be ten times more efficient.

Oh yeah I'm sure it would be real good at CLIMBING A MOUNTAIN you retard. There's a reason we evolved legs.

>mech goes to combat
>gets shot in the leg
>it stops working
>falls down and can't get up
>you don't even have to destroy it, you just completely disabled it by shooting in one of its three completely obvious weak points

>gundam pioneered realistic mecha
>Bandai is building a fully mobile RX-78-2 right now and have built 2 1/1 scale statues so far
>hurr my piece of shit chicken walker with no real combat application is more realistic

If birth is the start of existence then death is its end and you've got nothing wot worry about.

That looks kinda-retarded but I can see its uses. But this shit needs a lot of evolving to go on certain types of terrain.

This is where those fucking Gekkos will come from

I love these threads. They're always a blast. These and Dragon/Wyvern threads. I love when Sup Forums gets super autistic on each other.

Well, he's not wrong. Even if mechs are retarded for any real world application, Jap mechs are the most retarded. Weebs are just dumb though.

I'm sure mechs will be great to climb mountains with just legs. Or do you plan to give them hands too for climbing mountains. But then you would have build oversized versions of guns for the mechs to use like a huge AK or a huge M4 since he is going to have hands.

How about you don't fucking to war in the fucking everest?

>build mechs to go to war on fucking mountains
>get your ass handed to you by helicopters and artillery
N-NANI???

>mech goes to combat against wheeled vehicles
>stupid tanks and trucks get stuck in mud and rocky terrain
>take pot shots at the mechs legs
>mech jumps effortlessly over the projectile and sprints into the mountains
>dumb tank is one big weak spot
>mech leaps from the mountain onto the tank
>opens the hatch
>pulls the human flesh bipeds out from inside
>consumes the men and absorbs their bipedal-ism

Yeah, tanks don't stand a chance sunshine. And don't even get me started on flying vehicles.

Wow.

>jumps over projectile
nigger the M829 goes 1675m/s That's a fucking mile a second. You aint jumping over shit.

Knightmare frames when?

Jap mechs are great when the setting and the creators just don't give a shit about things like realism or feasibility.

>>mech jumps effortlessly over the projectile
after that whole your post can be discarded

If Lockheed Martin succeeds in their truck bed sized Cold Fusion Reactor someone could very well build a goddman Madcat

tl;dr yes, but they'd both be utterly useless
However, the original Gundam has the distinction of actually making sense under it's own scifi rules as a space combat unit. That was thrown out the window but 0079 but still.

Don't worry, I used to say stupid shit like that when I was 16 before I watched gundam too.

>careful boss, they've deployed walker gear in the area

We're still lacking actuators nearly strong enough. Other than that yeah we could.

sikk ollies

>Cold Fusion Reactor

As cool as they sound (pun intended) they are physically impossible, breaking more laws of the universe than your mums arse.

This Just make a more efficient tank instead of a mech. It has too many weak spots.

>Play Gundam Versus
>Best way to move around is constantly use the thrusters on the back of the MS instead of using it's legs

No wonder this is one of the top tiers