Why so much autism surrounding the Neo Geo? Someone explain it to me

Why so much autism surrounding the Neo Geo? Someone explain it to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

kpbs.org/news/2017/oct/02/progress-san-diego-border-wall-protoypes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Has good games.

So does the PS2.

Just because you can't understand Spanish doesn't mean it's autistic

When it was released it was insanely expensive compared to other consoles, so for a lot of people it kind of represents the toy they could never have when they were a kid

Mexicans use sandpaper on their Neo Geo carts to "fix" them. They can go fuck right off back to the other side of the wall.

what wall

What wall?

I used to play these every day when I lived in Tokyo during 90s.
t.truest neo-geo fan

Every game looked unbelievably pretty, compared to the competition at the time. The price range, though, as well as most games coming from the same company, didn't help one bit.

Kind of like an unsuccessful mac.

>Neo Geo
>unsuccesful
Ayyyyylmao

What wall?

The one they're prototyping.

kpbs.org/news/2017/oct/02/progress-san-diego-border-wall-protoypes/

Do they still have Old School arcades in Japan, or have they switched completely to credit card fed machines? If an arcade machine doesn't run on coins or tokens it takes away a lot of the magic for me.

I looked as the specs & it didn't seem that much more powerful compared to say, the SEGA Genesis. Is this something you would need to live through to "get"?

>Last neo geo game released in 2004

I still don't get that last part.

>prototyping
Keep the dream alive!

Mexico still not paying

Why IS the Neo Geo so popular in Mexico anyway?

It's simple.
Neo-Geo/Arcade cabinets are cheap, and fun, that's it, I'm not mexican, but I really really like to play fighting games on Arcades.

Mikado and Hey are still open this year. Kaikan closed. there is still some small retro arcades and shop with cabs outside tokyo.

Hipsters. Only care about aesthetics and lack of popularity.

>Kaikan closed

That's sad. Japan has the most foot traffic in cities with the lowest crime in the world & they still can't stay in business?

I don't see hipsters collecting games for the CDi & Fairchild Channel F.

Because it has fucking Windjammers.

Very easy to clone and a lack of regulations made it easy for any old lady living in front of a school to set up a small arcade on her porch.

You didn't see the ad that says other consoles are weenies while the Neo-Geo is a real sausage?

>implying america does not already have a complex border system

lmao newfags in life

Serious question. Where in the U.S. can I visit to play WindJammers on a real arcade cabinet?

Neo Geo at the time sold 'the dream' and that was having arcade games at home.
Literal arcade games complete with an arcade stick.
All other consoles offered arcade ports, sure but they were never "arcade perfect".

Time has changed. Arcade look like giant wii corners now. Not even racing games are popular.

They tried reviving some games thanks to that Taito vewlix network service but now one play them.

Aren't VR machines the hot new thing?

It's a really good system with amazing games.

AND

It was sort of a "dream system" for a lot of people who would read about in magazines for years but have no way to play the games. So when emulation came along there was a lot of interest.

Anyone who obsesses over something thats been dead for decades have issues

Compare the genesis versions of samurai shodown or fatal fury 2 to the neogeo's and you'll see.

Or just play some metal slug x or 3.

3 sucks though. The last level is like 25% of the game. Basically impossible to beat with 1 credit due to the last level cock blocking you.

>just found out about windjammers two weeks ago
>mfw
This fucking gameplay, how has this not been cloned

You know what I mean. Taito station for exemple was never the good place for this kind of games but now it look like an amusement park.

The NEO惻GEO promised a real arcade experience in your own home.

So it was like the wii of the 90's?

>Taito station

Is that entire place nothing but UFO catchers?

In 2006 you could find candy cabs with 3rd strike KOF Melty and even shmups on the 2F or 3rd flood (same as the cosplay and Pop'n Music machine) Not anymore.

they went broke

Still, many Neo-Geo arcade machines were sold in the early 90s

Was too good for this world.

It had the power of an arcade machine in a home console which was a big fucking deal in the early-mid 90's.

Tell us your story, weeb-sama

>90s

I want to go back

i have 4 games and they were just under 100, i was lucky but damn its a really expensive system to collect for

The whole deal about these cabs was that they not only had interchangeable cartridges but also had multiple cartridge slots to swap games on the fly. If an arcade op wanted a single cab for their store, bowling alley or whatever a Neo Geo would be a damn good option.

As for prices nowadays, games are still expensive but mostly affordable on MVS but batshit insane on AES. Not only that, but if you were trying to buy one of those games worth thousands of dollars you'd have a pretty high chance of getting a conversion or bootleg.

>tfw

This.

People give the Neo Geo shit like it's some arcade poor pleb machine but the reality is the machine is reliable, swaps games easily (which is something you couldn't do with 98% of the other arcade machines) and the hardware had games developed for it for around 12 years. It quite possibly the most successful arcade machine ever created.

Neo Geo bankruptcy proves that piracy affects companies and is a real problem

That's a shitty shovelware station

It's true

why does he have the G from AGE on his arm?

There's basically nothing that terrible about owning an MVS. It's a bit of a pathetic hipster system when you could just use JAMMA, but I can understand lazy rich idiots who don't want to solder their own connectors buying one, or people who salvaged them from destruction for pennies but can't be bothered reselling.

AES is where it goes full retard. It's a system exclusively for braindead richfags who have more money than sense, and anyone who owns one is retarded because they could make an easy couple of grand by putting it on eBay. Braindead collectors who own walls full of cartridges aren't half as bad as AES owners, but the groups have significant overlap anyway.

Piracy was a major factor, but Aruze is what finally did them in. Gotta give SNK credit for rising from the ashes and making NG games until 2004.

There has been cheaper ways to use an MVS. A popular choice was that chinese 161-in-1 cartridge which would around 90 real games for $50-100 although some are bad dumps, and recently a flashcart finally came out which you can flash any official game on.

>Neo Geo bankruptcy proves that piracy affects companies and is a real problem

No this isn't the full picture. SNK tried to bring new hardware to the scene but they kept on fucking up so stuck with the Neo Geo because games like KOF was a massive success at the time.

Dont reply to me if you use reddit spacing
Kill yourselves

>>There has been cheaper ways to use an MVS.
It's an expensive system for what you get, even if you aren't paying the braindead prices. JAMMA cabs can be picked up for free, even now.

I believe it has four white buttons and two joy sticks.

>Neo Geo is so autistic it pretty much created the site that this site heavily praises since it was Sup Forums before this site even existed
You tell me user

Stop forcing this meme, there no such thing as Reddit spacing, people wrote like this even Reddit was a thing.

Only a faggot who visits reddit can know how what "reddit spacing" is.

home arcade machine

There's a disc game that just came out that blatantly rips off windjammers.

It doesnt have the style though.