What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34680
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sequel came too fast.

its a bit too similar to splatoon 1
like its almost the same game but with a new singleplayer campaign

League Battle has the worst connection, and will drop people very frequently during matchmaking. Also, the worst is no in-game voice chat, despite the Switch having the hardware capable of in-game chat. But that's Nintendo's OS creators fault, not the game developers.

nothing. it is literally perfect.

it completely eclipsed sony, and made themvery upset. And as we know, a upset sony pony is a shitposter.

I love Splatoon 2 more than the average player that plays it, and I think this is a load of shit. It's GOTY material, but it falls flat on its face in several areas.

S+ is too easy to hit now. I played the first game up to the second game and the highest I got was S80. Now I'm already triple S+. Since anyone and their dog can hit S+ it feels like A+ and S+ are the same rank

Why does the game feel so differently balanced compared to the first? Why is it worse?

salmon run is still on a fucking schedule

Nintendo's garbage online functionality. It's a great game but for fuck's sake, they should let some other company handle the online features.

It's good
But every time the networks fails and I lost a match and a ticket for no reason....

Ranked and TW is regional matchmaking. That should not be allowed. I want to play with tryhard japs and not these western shitters that dont know how to push the objective.

It would be an almost perfect game if Nintendo's handling of online wasn't 15 years behind everyone else.

You are overestimating Japs

>rank doesn't mean shit since even absolute shitters can hit S+
>devs decided to launch with the same number of maps as the original instead of at least double that
>they didn't carry over all the old music
>Salmon Run rewards are shit and you're stuck with one type of gear for several weeks
>very slowly trickling out weapons with different subs/specials and maps
>online full of disconnects
>online is going to cost money and will probably be the same quality
>a lot of the abilities are now absolutely useless

Did you play the first game? Those fuckers would eat you alive

If I've been playing FPS on PC my all my life and never played any kind of console shooter will I enjoy this?

My switch arrives today, I'm hoping it's on 3.0.0 so I can leave it there, but if it isn't I'm gonna need something to play and this is pretty much the only game that interests me

Netcode is a shit. SHIT!
Low tickrate can be a bitch sometimes.
Voicechat option is beyond laughable.
Could use two more ingame commands (like "hold up" or "other way").
Great p2p network implementation my man.

They are release """""new""""" weapon and maps so slow. When i say new i mean the same weapons and map from splatoon 1.

Japs are good at randoms.
>inb4 meme team tim beat japs

It's $60.

This

Gyro > Stick by far. Motion controls feel natural, but it'll take a while to find your sens and get accustomed to it in general. Pro tip: You should use the stick to make turns and then use gyro for actual aiming

How shit are you? 90% of the japs were fucking awful.

Hi Dunkey.

ANNOUNCING A NEW WEAPON: ONE YOU ALREADY HAVE EXCEPT THIS ONE HAS A WORSE SUB

been s+99 in splat1 cant get into s+ in splat 2. i mean high s+. been in s+ 0-1 but i gotta admit i dont play that often lately. maybe thats why

"high" S+ doesn't really exist, you'll get matched up with S+ 0 shitters even if you're S+99

What's the best control scheme?

Bump

How's the input lag/responsiveness of the gyro controls? I tried them when emulating the first game and there was a pretty big delay, that doesn't happen on console right?

Lazy.
And it's created for a very bad device.

gyro but there is a learning curve
just played a game to make sure but there's no noticeable delay normally. i had to flick pretty fast for a very slight delay, harder than you ever should while playing, just to see if i could. i use near max sens and play primarily in handheld mode.

Not enough new content
Shittier online

you came too fast.

The kids went back to school.

the matchmaking is slow. i would wait in a room with 3 people for 100 seconds until it would time out. on the next try i would get a full game right away.

Is the game worth it for someone who uses the switch exclusively as a handheld?

almost 200 hours all on handheld, just up your sens and you'll be fine.

Atmosphere isn't anywhere near as good as 1

Fun game that I do enjoy, but they screwed up a bit.

Matchmaking is shit, takes too long. Can't reconnect to games. People DC a lot, like every few games has a disconnect. Balancing weapons has some issues, but it hasn't been too awful, honestly no worse than Splatoon 1. Honestly if they fixed the netcode, tick rate and let people reconnect I would enjoy it a lot more.

>Still can switch weapons on the matching screen
>Still can't pass the annoying broadcast at the start of the game

It's Splatoon 1.5, but even then barely worth it.
>Salmon Run is a new PvE mode
>that's on a schedule
>New weapon type, Umbrella!
>Not out for over a month
>Bad splatfests so far
>Not even all the old maps and weapons included

>Still can switch weapons on the matching screen
They let you sort of do it in league duo before you queue. Wish they would show your team and weapons in solo and let switch weapons so you don't get stuck with three splatterscopes.

Hey, now that I've found someone else who does League Duo: Do you disconnect from about half of your lobbies right after you and your partner ready up? It will start looking for a lobby, and then half the time it will say "lost connection to team" or some shit, and the other half, it will actually let us go through and we play.

I own a Wii U. I'm justified to say this:
The console sold like shit, so the vast majority of people never got the opportunity to play the first one. There is a reason some of the best Wii U games got ported to the Switch.
Also, Salmon Run is a savior.

DJ Octavio battle too easy and no minigames in lobby

The maps aren't varied enough and there are too few of them.

Also I just think the game lacks depth. That isn't to say that it doesn't require skill, but I just think there really isn't a lot there. The guns all feel really same and not being able to change mid match makes little sense.

Also I wish the movement was faster.

the "instead of updating a game, release a sequel every year" model doesn't work for online multiplayer games

I've only had it happen a few times, but I haven't duo that much. Probably just some stupid error in their matchmaking/netcode, whatever. I have seen similar stuff in solo. The game would be so much better if they improved the online aspect, but it never seems like they even try to.

Honestly I think it's the lack of maps on top of the maps feeling a bit on the small side. It's still a great game though.
>Back by popular demand, itrs kelp dome!
>not saltspray rig
Why don't I believe them?

They ruined the gun unlocks. I want my mini splatling god damn it

No new modes outside of Salmon Run, which is locked behind a schedule, and frankly just massively missed potential all-around
The online is somehow even fucking worse than the Wii U's
Singleplayer is practically a retread of the first game and still extremely short
Nintendo making utterly baffling, idiotic decisions, and omitting basic features, just like the first game
Splatfests are exactly the same as the first game and exclusively use the most boring mode instead of keeping things interesting and rotating through all four

I absolutely love the base gameplay of Splatoon, but Nintendo is hellbent on fucking things up at nearly every turn.

Kelp Dome is better than Saltspray Rig though, but they should be adding more of the old maps at a quicker rate. They're all pretty much perfect in design and the game loses a lot by not having them playable and it's like they're already there, so why not touch them up a little and release them? Can't be too hard.

That's really the only thing wrong with the game. Quality of life improvements would be welcome, but really don't matter all that much.

It did what l4d2 did

Saltspray was dogshit. Any map is better than it.

meaning?

The worst part of the entire game is that they brought back the two most cancerous maps from the first game, what the fuck were they thinking?

works on my machine

i like moray towers

Can you elaborate on the basic features bit?

The Bamboozler Mark 1 (Curling Bomb, Tenta Missles) and Snapper Canal are unlocked today.
Patch notes for next Tuesday: support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34680

As long as it have Marie I won't care.

Will NA ever get another Splatfest?

Hopefully not.

>cool hat
>cool hair
>cool shirt
>clown vomit shoes
What were they thinking?

This. Too soon ater the first game, and not enough new shit to justify it.

It's still a fun game, but many people just weren't up for a sequel yet.

Voice chat
Game invites
A way to check your friends list/add people without disconnecting.

muh voice chat

>Too soon
I don't get this. The first game was chained to a corpse of a console, despite this it was massively popular. It's only logical for a sequel to come out within the first year of a new console. I didn't want to continue digging out my Wii U just to play one game.

>he bought a wiiu AND a switch

family...

muh it's okay to cut out basic features the competition has had standard since george w bush was in office

>implying you can cut features that were never there

>like splatoon
>get hardware that can play splatoon

It came out two years after the original you tard.
There are games that have had at least 4 releases in that kind of time.

I don't get you lazy fat fucks, how tiny is your desk or table? I have all my shit from last 2 gens and this gen plugged in so if i want to play anything all i gotta do is grab the controller. You people always act like you can only fit one console at a time

It's there when you play on LAN. But it sounds like shit because Nintendo is incompetent.

splatoon doesn't need voice chat. if you want to talk to your friends just use your phone

My monitor only has 2 HDMI ports, and my power strip is totally full. It's not worth the hassle of unplugging a bunch of shit just for a single game that I wouldn't even play that often.

>It's there when you play on LAN. But it sounds like shit because Nintendo is incompetent.
Maybe you shouldn't blame Nintendo for your choice in retarded friends.

>can't invest in a HDMI switch
>can't invest in power cables
>playing console shit on a PC monitor

So not only are you lazy you are poor too.

Nothing "needs" voice chat, but any team game is improved by it.
>b-but people can be mean
That's why the mute button was invented.

There's no such thing as a "PC monitor", dumbcuck.

>paying more money just to play a dead game once a week at best
Frogposters holding up the tradition of never providing this site with a post of any sort of worth.

I got over a 1000 hours on the wii u and over 500 hours on the switch already I don't see the problem

Godawful lobbies and matchmaking
Basic shit that nearly every other shooter has had for the past decade

>any team game is improved by it.
nope

>Basic shit that nearly every other shooter has had for the past decade
Like what?

blood and a mature rating

this. If you don't have IRL friends then you shouldn't own a Nintendo console. I finally have 3 friends with Splatoon 2, so I can always have a full crew for salmon run, or a full team of league, and if Salmon run isn't on I can just play it in the shoal.

There was red ink in the first Splatfest.

>STILL no option to leave a lobby if NOBODY shows up

>STILL no option to change gear, or do ANYTHING at all aside from wait

>play on a wired connection
>can just remove the switch from the dock and it disconnects immediately

Nintendo is an ancient out of touch company. Splatoons only appeal is giving pedos fap material.

Monitors were made for PC.

>poor fag thinks a minor 10 bucks is a waste of money

Its not even just about splatoon, sometimes you might wanna play some wii u games like bayo 2 again or whatever

Key word: "were"