Why is this game so fucking frustrating?

Why is this game so fucking frustrating?

>most challenges revolve around mobbing you with multiple enemies that can kill you in three hits or less
>guardian, the heavy armor sword and shield protector, is one of the most fragile classes in the game
>everything costs tons of gold, which requires tedious grinding
>absolutely fucking miserable HoT maps make me not want to do dailies there
>stuck with ugly ass glider skin unless you pay up despite having already paid for the expansion
>bags and bank slots are insanely expensive and the game constantly shits up your inventory with meaningless crap for no other reason than to drive you to pay up
>arcane crafting system with hundreds of mats and dozens of layers of recipes just to make typical engame gear, trying for BiS takes literal years of grinding and crafting
>"end game content" consists of doing the same fractals and map events over and over to grind gold to buy skins to show off in the one single raid
>most autistic and aggressive community I've ever seen, not even MOBAs have technicolar charr going nuclear about MUH BUILD

Why do I even bother logging in? Everything is out of my reach. Collections are tedious, fractals with randoms is frustrating, I don't have a guild to raid with, the PvP is boring. Why am I still trapped here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8xxH0xIjGag
qtfy.eu/guildwars/thief/staff-dd-quick-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like a bunch of your annoyances are from the previous expansion and not PoF

How are the elite specs?

2012 private server when

POST DELICIOUS QT FEMSURAS NOW

>most challenges revolve around mobbing you with multiple enemies that can kill you in three hits or less
HoT is designed that way and almost everyone hates it.
>guardian, the heavy armor sword and shield protector, is one of the most fragile classes in the game
Only of you spec glass cannon and even then, Guard is active damage mitigation so you have to git gud and use your skills for reflects/aegis/protection
You get 2g for free for every daily and can get up to 20g with one high tier fractal run
>absolutely fucking miserable HoT maps make me not want to do dailies there
Yes. They're bearable with all the glider masteries and PoF mounts
>stuck with ugly ass glider skin unless you pay up despite having already paid for the expansion
Yes this is shit but with the current gem exchange you can buy a skin for around 100g
>bags and bank slots are insanely expensive and the game constantly shits up your inventory with meaningless crap for no other reason than to drive you to pay up
Use salvage tools and deposit materials and get 24 slot bags. They're like 15g at the moment. I managed with only one bank tab by storing only my essentials and using or leaving everything else on my characters.
>arcane crafting system with hundreds of mats and dozens of layers of recipes just to make typical engame gear, trying for BiS takes literal years of grinding and crafting
What the fuck are you talking about, maxing crafting only costs gold and can be done in half an hour if you have all the materials. Leveling crafting skills 1-400 costs only 20-30g
>"end game content" consists of doing the same fractals and map events over and over to grind gold to buy skins to show off in the one single raid
Get used to it, it's Fashion Wars 2.

They are alright. It is way less pervasive as the HoT elite specs when they launched but there are definitely some outliers that need a balance patch (scourge, firebrand, weaver for example). Unlike HoT though there are still some viable specs outside the new shit which is really nice.

My biggest complaint with the overall design of HoT was that elite specs essentially became the new norm and that baseline professions no longer mattered but that seems to be a little less the case this time around.

Is there any way to buy this expansion without a credit card?

I know there are no physical copies made and paypal option is disabled where I'm from.

Ask a friend who has a credit card to buy it and give him the cash?

So the HoT elite specs aren't better than normal specs?

Places like GamesPlanet and GameBillet sell keys for them and I think you can use paypal on them

Both HoT and PoF ones are, they're designed that way. He's trying to say that HoT specs and PoF specs are equal, outside of some exceptions that were overtuned.

Ah, all right. Thanks for the clarification

Every class has defensive options & ranged options to deal with these enemies, git gud

>guardian
Misnamed class yes, is more of a priest

Most gold literally falls into your lap just from logging in and playing a little every day

>absolutely fucking miserable HoT maps
TD is the most interesting and fun map in the game

>stuck with ugly ass glider skin
Unless you spend about 80 gold for a gem glider, or craft one of the legendaries that have their own glider skins.

>bags and bank slots are insanely expensive
20 slot bags only cost 10g each

>crafting
is a waste of time
>BiS
Is easy to get for literally no gold cost youtube.com/watch?v=8xxH0xIjGag

>endgame
Is raids, fashion, and playing for fun

>autistics
Only in pug raids. Stop pug raiding. If you want a nice friendly chill guild to do raids with I can hook you up.

>fashion
Did they add ANYTHING interresting at all for the Charr female yet? Or is it still exclusively bad looking trench-coats?

Is there a drill hair option for any race in this game?

>Charr female

kys yourself and everyone related to you

As a brand new player, what are things I should learn now?

>the original Guild Wars died for this steaming pile of garbage
Fuck everything

HERE'S THE GW1 POST

ALERT EVERYONE THE GW1 POST IS HERE!!!!!!!!

Your game is literal shit - can't wait for them to shut down the servers of this deadgam.

fuk you femcharr are a gift

they've added a handful of less trench-coaty chest pieces since the games release, but only a handful.

Kinda?

>implying they will
>a new game build + EU servers restored

It's going to be alive long after your sack of shit disintegrates.

You know, I used to have sympathy for gw1 vets being mad about gw2.
But it's been 5 fucking years and the game has changed significantly. Your opinion is out-dated.

The game has been like this for years, welcome to the club.

OP came here for validation not solutions & answers

Quit before you waste a significant amount of time in this steaming turd.
t. played since beta

more like t. only played gw1 and still butthurt about it

You'll really need to be more specific, it's hard to give general advice

Make sure to do 3 dailies for two gold, and also kill tequatl

Type "/wiki et" into the in-game chat, use the /wiki command about basically anything

Salvague blues and rares with basic salvage kit, salvage yellows with master's salvage kit, sell exotics on the trading post, if an exotic is worth like 5 or 10g it's probably got an expensive upgrade in it which can be extracted with a black lion salvage kit you get as a login reward and sold for more.

So nothing worth our time?

Enjoy getting milked for all you're worth.

Get to lvl 80 at your own pace, if you get bored of core tyria (which isn't hard) you can rush using tomes and lvl 80 booster. unless you care about the story I recommend just diving into pof blind.
The core game is not representative for what you'll be doing when you get to lvl 80.
Find and do research on a class you like and what elite specs they get when it's lvl 80 and make sure the playstyle clicks. I love the chrono so much that it completely saved the combat of this game for me.
Have fun, join a guild and play at your own pace. Gw2 is a game i never play in the most efficient way possible, because that's boring and the game is best played in short bursts.

Hmmm.

>>guardian, the heavy armor sword and shield protector, is one of the most fragile classes in the game
Whenever I actually play my dragonhunter (i'm usually a thief), I don't have problems with this. I use a variant of the formerly meta meditrapper pvp build in pve (pvp sucks so i quit that like a year ago). Basically, you need to know when to use your virtues and how to promote the most synergy in your build. You definitely want reduced virtue cooldowns, and you'll want healing via meditations. Knowing when to use your blinds and CCs can render a group of enemies impotent. Greatsword is perfect for that, pulling enemies together, interrupting their casts, then blending them and using AOE to finish them off.

The dragonhunter traps let you kill things super fast, so part of your survivability is just nuking them dead before they can hurt you. Guard is strong for PVE, and can be quite survivable, but it's not passive, it requires active play and good timing.

t. hasn't picked up the game since 2012

As opposed to what? Grinding the same dungeons/raids just to be able to grind the new one?

Why do GW2 threads always happen around this time?

It's usually 6-10pm australian time. Is the colony being paid to promote GW2?

It's just /gw2g/ autists.

Shill threads have started to incorporate reverse psychology.
Has marketing gone too far?

/gw2g/ refugees who cannot take control of their own general. SAD!

What is up with the general?

i have 6 medium armoured charr and managed to make do with whats available. there's enough there to get creative at least

>craft one of the legendaries that have their own glider skins

this is very simple and not at all something that would take hundreds of hours

what can men do against such reckless autism?

maybe if the thread wasn't posted every day by some HOPEtard the person unleashing the bot would have gotten bored by now and left

It's what you do in the game though

The real endgame of GW2 is working towards legendaries. It's the reason you raid. It's the reason you go back to LWS3 maps every day.

Autist got kicked from /vg/ build and decided to bot spam the thread forever, mods can't do shit, captcha doesn't do shit.

retard

One of the many autistic furries which settled there got buttmad after everyone ignored him, so he made a bot which spams the thread endlessly with random posts and the mods can't do anything about it.

The person with the bot creates the threads. The "Post with GW2 in name field" is part of the system used to add new posts to the pool of botspam.

i'm sorry that you believe that but it's not true

i'm just saying if you can get a legendary backpack/glider then you've spent enough time that you could have just bought gems with all the shit you need to get for it anyway

A fitting end for a shit game.

>the game has changed significantly
for the worse

somehow

gw1 > gw2

you should get rid of that charr backpack

>get stressed out from just playing unranked
>never play ranked

how do i grow some balls and skill and confidence

Winning helps.

This board is 18+.

it doesn't help at all

>thinking even more change is good
nah, go fuck yourself. Living stories is a joke, them shitting all over the fucking lore with every new release is a joke, and most of all, gw2 players are a fucking joke. I played up through HoT and I'm not going to fall for another expansion again. It took them what, four fucking years, five, to ACTUALLY HAVE GUILD HALLS? Sjws run the fucking company and fill it with their fucking political bullshit as well. Again, gw2 is a fucking joke.

And yet somehow, there's no jokes in game to be found. The original had some witty fucking writing when it wanted to and lots of neat references everywhere that were done tastefully and meshed well with the world, but meanwhile gw2 has fucking super saiyan fairy charrs, because they had to pander to stupid fucking furfaggots because they all have disposable incomes and will buy whatever this garbage company shits out.

Fucking isaiah fucking cartwright is the main developer in guild wars 2, and it shows. Fuck you people.

>all these outdated opinions

Wow he JUST said your opinons are outdated and you proved him right, way to go retard.

Don't play PvP then.
It's clearly not something you enjoy.

PvP in GW2 is one of those things which you don't get less fazed by with time. When you win, you don't even really enjoy it. When you lose, it feels like the entire world just took a huge shit on you. It's because it relies on entirely random team compositions and on your team mates not being complete retards. Close games are really rare, it's either you plowing or getting plowed. It doesn't help that GW2 just isn't a very good game for competitive play.

kys and hope to respawn not as a cuck

Worst part of GW2 is how disjointed damage feels from animations

Struggling through LW2, which has been just as awful as everyone warned me it would be, and just everything is awful in it.
I'll just be fighting 3 dogs and think to myself "gotta watch out for telegraphed big attacks like the trees around the world" and nope, lol, their autoattacks just do 3k damage per hit.

I never fucking feel like I die because of messing up, it's ALWAYS "well that mob hits five times as hard as every other level 80 mob and he did more damage than I could heal through"

You just proved my point by spouting out-dated opinions.
>It took them what, four fucking years, five, to ACTUALLY HAVE GUILD HALLS?
Guild halls where added with HoT
>Sjws run the fucking company and fill it with their fucking political bullshit as well.
Absolutely no clue what you're on about but if this ends up with you going 'GAY COUPLES IN MUH GAMES' then I'm not going to pay attention to it.
>And yet somehow, there's no jokes in game to be found.
Latest living world seasons and even PoF itself is full of witty dialogue
>but meanwhile gw2 has fucking super saiyan fairy charrs,
Why not be the one the uphold proper standards for fashion yourselves? It's not like every character is a glowcat.

Choyas are the cutest little shits ever invented. Too bad the choya plush looks absolutely nothing like the ingame choya. Part of the choyas charm come from its funnyass body shape, chubby newborn baby limbs and ugly as fuck face. Why ruin it all by turning it into a literal moeblob?

I'll hold on to my money until someone comes up with a REAL choya plush.

how can I make my lettuce warrior look good?

>male sylvari
you already failed

reroll as charr

>remember doing open pvp in wvw with whatever build I found fun before HoT
>it worked
>went wvw the last few days with meme builds
>everyone has pink gear, infusion, food and meta builds
>thief & mesmer still getting away playing zerk
>have to find the mesmer every 2sec because mesmer
>getting hit for 7k without being able to respond
>spellbreaker
>scourge

from the AMA summary

my first character was a charr and I realized how a big mistake it was
not doing it ever again

Yes.

>general is gone

nice poomunity gw2g

>charr
>looking good

they'll also never fix all the clipping because not enough players complain about it due to charr being the least played race

How fun is Guardian?

As a thief do I replace my dual daggers or shortbow with the daredevil staff?

I'm amazed how equally spread out GW2 professions are, though. You'd think it would be Warrior central like it is in every MMO.

this, the HOPE trash femsura fappers are now even leaking into regular Sup Forums, pure fucking cancer

The daggers.
qtfy.eu/guildwars/thief/staff-dd-quick-guide/
Your second weaponset can be anything really so shortbow is probably the most convenient.

i have a very hard time believing this when ele/guardian are always top dps in pve

>he cant even make a good toon on hard mode
lmao way to suck at gw2 my dude

The pie chart is misleading, most players on GW2armory have one of each class, now think of how many people main engineer.

Who?

some steampunk hamplanet who forced terrible characters like Scarlet into the game and apparently forcing gay shit in the game. She partially ruined season 1 and s2 + HoT

No, you're thinking of Angel McCoy.
Ree Soesbee is the one who wrote the initial lore of GW2 as well as the novels that came out between the two games.

To be fair it's not like she was a nobody hired by ANet. She is a worthwhile writer for roleplaying books, just like Jeff Grub.

Wait, if this thread is to be believed, do you need to use an Elite specialization at max level?

Because both of the Revenant ones look really, really fucking gay and I don't want to use them.

oh shit, my bad. I kinda enjoyed the books but at least the writing is better now

They're both straight upgrades.

ewww! icky gay people!!!!!

Continuing she was in continuity department she probably didn't have much work in 2017.

>dat feel when she's a copywriter now
Jesus.

>Want to see the different personal stories
>Of my 8 characters 4 are Norn, 3 are Human and 1 is Charr
>Probably going to delete the Charr after the 30 story quest and reroll Norn

Welp

who suffered more, the commander or vlast?

The commander's suffering is far from over.

Are their servers held together by duct tape or what? This is the only game that lags horribly and consistently for me.

>at least the writing is better now
I'm not sure where they're planning to go now though.

LS3 pretty much established "Killing Dragons is a no go".
Gods fucked off to nowhere one way or the other.
Joko has been cucked and is likely stuck in Underworld.

Assuming Cantha is not happening, there are maybe the Zaishen and Braham gone nuts to deal with but then what?

That really just makes me wish I hadn't bought PoF at all. I wanted to play Revenant, it's pretty cool and fun, but I don't want to play it if I have to use gay Charr bow shit or some queer dragon shield.

Guess I'll just go back to my Thief.