Super Mario 64 is released, first 3D Mario game

>Super Mario 64 is released, first 3D Mario game
>17 years later
>Super Mario 3D World
>3D

Nintendo are stupid, more at 11

Because it's Super Mario World but in 3D.

3D Worlds levels were a lot more small and confined compared to something like 64, Sunshine, and Odyssey

I enjoyed 3D World, but I do think it should've been treated as a spinoff like the NSMB games, rather than as mainline.

>those eyes
Is mario a first class soldier?

hes getting his dick sucked

I enjoyed it as well but it was the biggest slap in the face to 3D Mario fans, even bigger than Sunshine. Let's take almost everything associated with 3D Mario and throw it out the window, and make 2D Mario in 3D. They more than made up for it with Odyssey, but they better not pull shit ever again.

imagine if instead of making Super Mario 64 they made something like SM3DW on the N64 as the first 3D Mario

It's a sequel to the 3DS game called 3D Land that used stereoscopic 3D. This isn't hard to figure out.

Fuck off. There's no reason both ganeplay styles can't coexist.

To make his eyes glow with ecstasy?

We're all aware of that, doesn't make it any less retarded, especially considering 3D Land was referring to the fact that the 3DS has a 3D feature.

>Mario World but 3D
>no Yoshi, cape, or Koopalings

It was a load of bullshit, and I'm glad it bombed by Mario standards

But they didn't fucking coexist, the development team for a 3D Mario game wasted their time making 3D World instead of a traditional 3D Mario game. If it was a different team it would be a different story. Sure the Wii U could have gotten Odyssey if it was actually successful, but it would be fucking 5 years into the consoles life which is unacceptable.

If we're talking just numbers, it did even worse than Sunshine.

>3D World was outsold by the worst 3D Mario

Fucking shame. Wii U was cancer in a box.

>Super Mario 64 is released, first 3D Mario game
>6 years later
>Super Mario Sunshine
>The worst 3D Mario game

There is literally NOTHING on this board I hate more than Sunshinefags. I can smell them from behind my monitor, they stink of pretentiousness, of faggotry. You just know that they think they're doing their due diligence as epic Sup Forumscore "Gaymurs" by picking the obscure Mario title on their least popular system to boost their fragile Nintendobabby egos.

>64? Too ubiquitous!
>Galaxy 1 and 2? It's on the Wii, it's casual!
It's embarrassing the mental gymnastics that these retards go through to justify their edgy opinions, Sunshine is simply the worst 3D Mario.

>B-b-b-ut muh aesthetic, muh comfy!
"No". It looks like a music video directed by McG, the saturation is ugly, the camera is wonky and unresponsive. The level design? Simply abhorrent, repetitive and creatively bankrupt. The blue coins are a tedious fetch quest that have little bearing on the levels. The levels themselves, either too big or too vertical.

>B-b-b-ut muh music
Acapella is for fedora wearing retards and the tropical shit is trite. Galaxy and 3D World are far better in regards to music and if you suggest otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant or are completely aesthetically challenged.

>Whatever man, just like lay off and let me have my opinion

You FUCKING FAGGOTS have gone on too long without being challenged on your like for this piece of shit game. You revel in this title's mediocrity like a badge of honour.

>If we're talking just numbers, it did even worse than Sunshine.

They did about the same, Sunshine sold 5.91 million. 3DWorld sold 5.65 million as of the end of June this year, so it may close the gap.

t. falseflagging sunshinefag

Having fun with spamming that same/similar post, user?

The Gamecube sold 22 million units while the WiiU sold 13 million.

It's hardly a fair comparison.

Not to mention Sunshine is only ahead by 0.26million sales:

And Super Mario 64 is referring to the fact that the Nintendo 64 has 64-bit processor. What's your point? None of it's retarded.

This is some really specific use copy pasta

But since Galaxy was mentioned, a bunch of people on Sup Forums like 64 cause it's more platformer than sunshine, so why doesn't everyone love Galaxy? That shit is pure platforming most of the time.

Nintendo literally stated there are two forms of 3D Mario. Don't be surprised when the series eventually goes back to focused linear obstacle courses.

the best part about the failure of this copypasta is calling the game obscure

I think people like 64 due to the great/balanced mix of good movement, more open level design & platforming. Galaxy does indeed have a lot of platforming but the movement is on the lacking side compared to 64 (& Sunshine) & the level design can be more linear in comparison (especially in Galaxy 2) so maybe that's why but that's just a guess, it's the reason for me personally anyways.

Everyone does love Galaxy tho.

Because this is the first time the World is in 3D

Mario 64's world was in 4D

Blinx was the first 4D game tho.

Mario games suck. Buy Cuphead.

Not really

>13 years of 2D Mario games
>21 years of 3D Mario games
When's the next revolution coming, bros? We're overdue.

5 years till 4D, mark my words

That's a bigger load of shit than the shitposting usually done here

No one likes it enough to actually post about it on a regular basis like 64 and Sunshine

Because it's not controversial, just a good fucking game.