Game is "too long"

>game is "too long"

>cancerous frogposter

Most games are too long and have too much padding.

Persona 5 unfortunately

Long games should be mandatory. There's not a single good reason why they shouldn't be long.

If you actually enjoy the game, then you should be happy about how much more you get to play it

>game is less than 25 hours long

Alien Isolation is a perfect example of this, it's about double the legnth it needs to be.

>HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US

Persona 5 and Nioh are too long.

This

>game completely shits the bed on the second half

Bloodborne after Rom

ffxv
the moment you reach altissia it all went to shit

I don’t have more that 10 hour sto finish a game

>game is "too short"

>The Game is short and has no replayability value
Max Payne 3 is fun but is too short.

This is true. The story can either be dragged out too long or the game is an open world game for example, witcher 3. Once you get to skellige it burns out

The Witcher 3

Honestly games should have a hard cap on how long they can be.

Otherwise jobless spergs spend far too much time on them.

Even time gated content would be much better

>game ends in a cliffhanger forcing you to buy the expansion for the "true ending"

Most Reddit thing I've read all day.

You

Don't

Need

A

Gap

For

Every

Sentence

I'm the kind of guy who can put hundreds of hours into simulators, but can't force myself through Witcher 3 having loved the first two games.

It's so huge and there's so much content that I've started, stopped, and started over multiple times due to not being able to play for a while a couple times because of work and school.

>have fun replaying that 40 hours of content you forgot in which no substantial progress is made toward resolving the plot. faggot!

>using capital letters and punctuation
literally couldnt get more reddit if you tried desu

This. 10 hours of solid gameplay > 100 hour open world game where you spend 90% of the time running to objectives

The game wasn't particularly great up until that point, user. But yeah, from that point onward it might as well be a different game entirely.

Chapter 13 or 14, can't remember which, is still god damn unforgivable - who the fuck thought making you run through a bunch of corridors with a magic ring that makes you basically impossible to kill was good for gameplay? I don't give a shit if it's been fixed, the whole production team needs to be sent to the firing squads because of that horse shit.

You don't, but the reply window is tiny and doesn't show you how the post will appear in the thread. At this point in the post this looks like four five lines already, but when I post it may be like two, so before I post I may think that spacing is warranted, but not after I see it in the thread.

It's not a reddit thing. It is reddit to point out though since it means you're actually browsing that shitheap and have familiarized yourself with how they post.

>$60 full priced game ends on a cliffhanger
>Have to wait 3 years, spend another $60, and buy a new console to find out what happens next

Watch a let's play or read the wiki, faggot

I take back what I said earlier, this is the most Reddit thing I've read all day

You'd know of course, with all of those reddit tabs and history of reddit browsing.

>>$60 full priced game ends on a cliffhanger
>>Have to wait 3 years, spend another $60, and buy a new console to find out what happens next

>400$ on the new console only for the game to skip this gen and get delayed to the next gen console
>10 years later still waiting

shouldn't you be posting about how deep rick and morty is somewhere?

This is true sometimes. The whole midgame of P3 was like 30 hours of fucking bloat because of the tower.

cane to post these. I loved both games but Persona 5 took me 154 hours to beat. Sure some of that was me fucking about fusing shit but the main story was pretty long

>the trailers were better than the actual game

I like to actually play games. I’m weird that way.

Me too but if I would only byu the game for it's story because it's a sequel or prequel, I would rather just read the wiki or watch a "no commentary" playthrough, faggot

>game is ≤12 hours long and rewards you for replaying it
Name games that do this, I beat the Ratchet and Clank trilogy and started playing Silent Hill and this kind of design is really doing something for me.

>game is actually a movie.

Condemned 2 will always be the king of this

I never said that I would just be buying it for the story, friend.

>>ITT people have no understanding of the concept of pacing
Filler is cancer that kills the flow of the story in any medium. Imagine a game where they rather than getting to the next story objective so you can find out what happens, you had to first do 10 hours of unrelated bullshit that has no relevance to anything ( *cough*KH2's first world visits*cough*).

FUCK YOU!