The Next 2D Metroid Game is Already in Development

So my source is letting me in on some juicy details over at MercurySteam. Turns out they are already hard at work with Sakamoto on the next 2D Metroid game, currently titled Metroid: Dark Formation.

I don't have a lot to reveal about the story or lore, however I can confirm that the game will center around the evil chozo that is revealed at the end of Samus Returns. I can also confirm that this title is NOT Metroid 5. It is a interlude that takes place between Super and Fusion.

Gameplay looks like that of Samus Returns but with an even greater focus on cinematics and flashy moves preformed by Samus. My source said that the "cinematic view" (things like finisher moves and cutscenes) from Samus Returns stays with you the entire game. Certain corridors will cause the camera to shift and move around, making it look like samus is running towards the camera at 140 degrees. While it sounds intrusive, he claims it flows very naturally and never gets in the way of the 2d gameplay. This is only one example of how the game is constantly trying to have a camera that is as dynamic as possible. On the same topic, the melee counter is back but with changes. Instead of having to wait for an enemy to charge, Samus can now melee any enemy at any time, to trigger a quick flip, move, or maneuver around the enemy, giving her a chance to attack in that quick "cutscene" I was told it was exactly like a short (~1 second) version of what we have already seen in the Samus Returns boss battles. Its also worth noting that boss battles WILL still require a specially timed hit for this sequence.
Supposedly the game will also have a "traditional" mode, that is functionally the same game but with a locked 2.5d perspective, and no flashy moves. This is for the players that might just be looking for a normal metroid experience.

Continued in next post.

As for the core gameplay, I was told the game is heavily inspired by Super Metroid and is the first game since Super to have ZERO information telling you where to go or what to do. You are simply placed in the world and can explore from there. Expect a map roughly 3 times the size of Super. My source couldn't put an exact number to this obviously, but he said that was how it seemed based on what he knew.
I don't know much about Samus' weapons or new powerups but the Scan Beam is a new upgrade that allows Samus to scan the enviroment in a similar fashion to Prime's visor. Point a small red lazer and hold it on enemies, bosses, items, scenery, etc to collect information. This beam will also collect chozo lore exactly how Prime did.

Visually, Samus' suit was described to me as a "slightly bulkier version of her suit in Samus Returns". He also mentioned it being less anglular and a bit more rounded.

Lastly, I understand that MercurySteam is working on a strict deadline to have the game finished in time for the launch of Metroid Prime 4 in early 2019. Take that as you will. My source personally believes that it is to launch both games side by side similar to Fusion and Prime did.

Thats all I have to reveal. I'll stick around in the thread but I can't really answer many questions until I talk to my source again.

Who are you??
show dick

not op but I actually work for mercury steam, this is fake, we are all focused on Raiders of the Broken Planet

I'll give ya a dark formation heh heh heh

dic pics or fake

Big if true.

>MercurySteam is working on a strict deadline to have the game finished in time for the launch of Metroid Prime 4 in early 2019
>Strict
Prime 2 was on a much worse condition

>Samus can now melee any enemy at any time, to trigger a quick flip, move, or maneuver around the enemy
Can you go into more detail?

you sound like a NEET who fantasize about this shit on bed before sleep

>my source
You mean your asshole.

basically this. None of these are even relevant changes to the corporate interests of the involved parties

We had this thread last night. No one believed you last time, no one will believe you this time.

I do

How dare you

Are you threatening me?

You're damn right I am

I just want a 2D metroid with 2D graphics

MercurySteam is a good developer when the shitstained CEO and his clique stay the fuck away from the actual development portion of the game, see Jericho, Lords of Shadow 1 and Samus Returns.

AM2R exists and is still being updated, 1.3.2 came out few days ago.
All the higher difficulty modes and special NG+ modes will give you playtime for a while.

I mean an actual game, not a fanmade graphic copypaste on an older game

Yea user, just play Am2R for the rest of your life like a good goy

Switch or 3DS?

>3ds after 2017
>getting games

Yeah yeah yeah who cares. But will there be a Ridley amiibo?

no, he's too big

So?