Will it ever make a comeback?

Will it ever make a comeback?

I just wanna go fast with people again

The current vocal trend of the casuals is "Muh boots on the ground" because they could never handle going fast or even jumping.

Heck, even Bungie say to this day that their stats from previous games show that most players don't expect an attack from above. Now apply that to an attack from above while the aggressor is moving at 300kph. Companies will go where the money is, and the casuals hate the speedy future. RIP

Tribes 2 has pickup games every Thursday and Midair has players as far as I know. Never liked T:A it felt way too dumbed down.

Never forget

Fuck that jew company

Probably not.

Midair is our best bet

Wait, i haven't played this game in a long ass time, is it dead?

>that viewmodel taking up a quarter of the screen

Personally, I found Tribes gets old after a while. Playing on maps that are essentially just variants of hilly open fields gets boring after a while.

Hopefully when Midair is finished and its f2p it'll pick up in terms of the playerbase and we can go back to the good times

I guess Midair is my only hope.

I check out the playercount for that game every once in a while and it has peak players of like, 30.

Dead Game?

No. Fuck HiRez, bunch of kikes.

People want the games they fell in love with to be the games they fell in love with.
Imagine if the next tribes game was a mil-sim with hyper realistic movement like Arma. No more surfing. No more bhopping. clunky realistic gun physics. People would be mad as fuck.

COD should stay boots on the ground. And sprint doesn't belong in Halo. And tribes needs to be fucking fast. And Quake needs to be the definitive arena based shooter, not a class based game.

Niche game in early access. I stay the hell away from EA...

Every first person shooter that requires even just a teeny bit of skill is dead. Look at reflex, at ut4, at quake live, quake champions - the genre is dead, just like rts. Time to give it a rest user.

CS isn’t dead

>tfw I probably only ever got 1 or 2 blue plate specials in the entirety of my time playing that game...

I would have done awful at the Shazbowl

genre being dead is just an excuse for casuals to never get good
there are small dedicated communities for quake 1, 2, and CPMA as well as Tribes 1 and 2

>CS
>Skill
Besides maybe knowing how to manage your money effectively, Most of the skill behind CS is just basic FPS skills to begin with.

>CS DOESN’T TAKE SKILL BECAUSE UH IT’S A GUN SHOOTER!
Every time

too hard

Early access game that's planned to be f2p on release, so it's understandable player counts are kinda low right now

what do you mean

To be fair to CSGO, grenades take skill to use, as well as managing the teams money.

>grenades take skill to use
no

Arena FPS fans love to talk a LOT of shit but when Tribes: Ascend was released it was a meme for a month and then forgotten.

There is no reason for it to come back. Arena FPS players are just not there anymore.

Play titanfall 2

Why do people shit the bed when playercounts for a game aren't in the hundreds of thousands?

T:A specifically? No.
It's been too long at this point and the game is stained with a terrible record of greed and incompetence.
Actually, they did try to revive the game with cheaper unlock costs and a different inventory system iirc, but it didn't work.

The genre?
Maybe it has a chance with Midair, but that's highly questionable considering most modern gamers seem to hate fast though I don't know much about Midair, personally.

Your only options at this point are either Dirty Bomb or Neo Tokyo, and neither are really similar.

30 players isn't even a full server.

I still play MWLL and the player count doesnt even get that high sometimes.

>Neo Tokyo
Shit’s dead as it gets, m8
There’s like one server active at times with some dumb annoying abusive slut that literally never stops talking and a bunch of her suck-ups, and they all just abuse boosts and shit on maps while sitting silently in cloaked mode and beating on whoever is unfortunate enough to join the server

30 is a big fucking difference that's dead for any game.

>Abusive slut
I've been playing for a really long time, recently too, and I remember no girl ever being in this game. Especially not as a public figure. You're best off just ignoring this shit and trying to play, I haven't seen anyone getting banned for being good yet.

I love how people say it's a hurr DURR dead game but it's doing fine.

It really counts if your aren't from a region that is the NA/EU/AUS.
;_;

You can actually go pretty damn fast in this.
I dropped it after a while ago though because of lack of incentive to keep playing, and the small map pool got boring really fast.

I mean that being good at CS mostly amounts to having good aim, situational awareness, and quick reaction time, which is true for any multiplayer FPS.

I hope it takes off because the game is fun, but after so many failures in a row I'm keeping my expectations reasonable
it'd be nice to find full games in the middle of a weekday though

And somehow that’s different from being good at Quake?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Tribes isn't an AFPS. It belongs to its own FPS subgenre (FPS-Z) however small and niche that genre is. There's only Legions, Tribes series and Midair. The playerbases might overlap I guess.

He's just another poser trying to hide behind Quake to shit on CS.

I know it's anecdotal but people on my mumble who play Overwatch hate the characters who have vertical mobility because they can't look up.

Why would you associate with those retard?

who jug here

I used to be a pathshitter or a soldier most of the time.
>tfw to dum to play as infiltrator

Friends of a friend. We all pay a bit towards the server costs.
They aren't obnoxious or anything and use rooms when they're playing a game.

DISCO DISCO
PARTY PARTY

wait that was brute

VGTA

Yup. By far the best momentum based shooter right now.
>tfw successful Scorch flank

Not even close
Fast is one thing but there's a huge difference between bunnyhopping and skiing, and the complete absence of combined arms leaves nothing to keep me playing.

Plus how a lot of shit is shitty because of consoles, like gun balance.

>disco partying in the enemy gen room
>enemy meds coming in to try to stop you
>can't beat the disco
>they switch to BRT and crank up the disco

fatbringer with mines was so much fun

This is Hi Rez's business model, so no. I would love for it to come back too but I've already let go.

This, except I primarily stuck with soldier just because I liked playing as them above the other classes.

I'd want it to, but I know better.
This
Early access, open beta late 2017.

Game died because the LoL playing faggot that took over development listened to reddits inconsistent opinions. He ended up with the opinion that spin fusors were a montage only weapon.

Muh duels and muh chain gun fags can die.

I sincerely hope so

meant
Tribes 2 is real funky with how you ski tho.

All those delicious shields in the cap path. Lobbin mortars all day erry day.

I just want to bully infiltrators as a TCN with my thumper and motion sensors again.

So many hours in this game, so many memories of a light cunt faggot for capping, stealthing and more stealthing.

God that last patch fucked everything up
>shocklance no longer 1hko to anyone
>shocklance + backstab barely kills mediums
>95% of people turn around after shocklance tho
but then
>go heavy
>load up on all the explosives
>a mortar to the face cannot kill a light armor
>in shock
>switch to other weapons
>cant fucking even

I fucking adjusted to the flag drag and speed cap nerfs but this was all just too fucking much when chaingun weapons took over

>hof thinks hes helping

mfw dying over and over to shitter "lol I shoot the floor" tcns

Someone give me the basic gestalt for TribesNext

>you might never go fast again

this filled the void briefly and i like the titan combat as well but ultimately it's severely unbalanced in terms of weapons
movement is pretty great but it's no skiing
watching that fast makes me happy and dreadfully sad

Midair is coming soon, and that is developed as a midpoint between tribes 2 and ascend, at least that was what the devs said during a Q&A.

I got accused of cheating once because I saw a speeding INF cloak right before the door, so I just shot the entrance with the thumper and killed him.
Also isn't that every explosive weapon? Are you one of those hitscan only assholes?

>No regional pricing
I can'

Where do people play any of these?

Have some new map e grab

God, that map's flag was annoying as fuck to path to, the point was so damn awkward.

it is every explosive weapon. I'm just upset at losing to obviously shitty players

I fucking knew there was a good reason why I hated those faggot flag campers.

Like go play any other FPS game where you don't have to go fast. Although I guess it's the devs' fault for implementing camping classes in the first place.

The back to fronts were too easy.

naisu

Isn't it supposed to be f2p?
I've been let down by one hundred too many f2p games to feel at all excited about another.

>wow people don't like playing games that have no players what kind of madness is this?!

It's the only way for it to have a proper playercount in every region sadly.Do we have a date for it though?

>T:A map with a deep lake
What?

why did everyone get so butthurt at them fucking with full sanic pth faggotry

>Heck, even Bungie say to this day that their stats from previous games show that most players don't expect an attack from above.
I believe this. Every time I play Destiny 2 PVP if I jump while attacking someone they freak out and don't know what to do and die easily.

because people loved 30 second games when you can cap within seconds

>it's ok, the way to deal with a 500 sanic pth is to just have your own 500 sanic pth taking the same route as him in advance

I loved Tribes 1 and 2. The only FPS games I could actually get into.
The server sided modibility helped a bunch. If I got bored I could switch to a different game type.
I didn't really like ascend because of it.

It's really CTF's fault, because in TDM everyone's skiing around all the time either chasing or defending whoever is currently holding the flag.
You can't really do that in a gametype where you have about five seconds between someone grabbing the flag and scoring.

Infinite energy under water. Basically regen energy faster in water, everyone else moves slow. Pretty good map but the bases are too close. The outfield was extensive.

Yea, its f2p, but there havent really been a real f2p tribes game has there?
Also, not really f2p if you wouldn't count community funded as f2p.

>there havent really been a real f2p tribes game has there?

Got proof to suggest otherwise? Ascend does not count, it was not released as f2p.

>it was not released as f2p
It was though

Midair is set up so it can be played free to play, but you'll get a load of progression gates similar to Ascend, with playtime unlocking loadout options and shit.
There's a $20 fee to bypass all of that forever.

So it's actually more like Quake Champions.

this. you faggots who jumped on the T:A meme wagon need to just go play the classic skiing games that are not arse

I remember setting shit up for 2 and wound up never able to actually play it, I think all of the players were US based or something?
I mean,
>pickup games
can very often mean not being picked to play because you're a new kid with no record and then the server's full. Same shit happens with lots of dead games.

Sure, if you would count selling a game for 2-3 years and then releasing (read, converting it to a f2p economy) as such. Which everyone who had bought it passed automatically.

The populated server is based in the US but everyone is welcome to join the pickups. Team captains just try to make the teams even skill wise.

Except that was literally never the case. I played from the open beta into release and it was always f2p.
Where are you even getting your information from?

i know right lets go play overwatch